Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2020 at 12:52 AM
Default WCIF A Mod Which Prevents Roaches From Making Sims Ill?
I'm looking for a mod that stop roaches from making sims ill. I think that being around roaches can give sims the flu? I definitely know that roaches can make sims ill. I would like that to not be the case.

I'm NOT looking for a mod that gets rid of roaches completely, remove sickness from the game or make (particular) sims immune against flu/illness; it needs to be a mod that will stop roaches - and, importantly, anything cloned from roaches - from making sims ill.

Does anyone know if such a mod exists? If anyone knows of one I would really appreciate a link :-)

**ETA** Cyjon's Disease study mentions that evil witches and exterminators are immune to roach disease. Is there a mod that makes everyone immune to roach disease, perhaps?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 8th Jun 2020 at 4:51 AM
You still want sims to stomp on roaches right?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jun 2020 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
You still want sims to stomp on roaches right?

Yes, I guess? I'd still like them to have the option to do so. My main priority is that roaches don't make sims ill, I'm not that fussed if it changes other aspects of sim-roach interactions
Forum Resident
#4 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 1:07 AM
I asked because I believe I've seen a no autonomous roach stomping mod somewhere. I wanna say it's at Insim. Squinge does a lot of that kind of mod. But if you want them to stomp without sickness, then I've got nothing.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 12:38 PM
Try this and let me know if it's what you wanted!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clsve

I only just saw this reply - whilst looking to see how long it'd been since I last posted on MTS (RL took over for a while and I haven't been around much)! Thank you so much for making this! :-D I'm going to go and try it out after lunch (darned RL getting in the way of my simming again!).
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
I only just saw this reply - whilst looking to see how long it'd been since I last posted on MTS (RL took over for a while and I haven't been around much)! Thank you so much for making this! :-D I'm going to go and try it out after lunch (darned RL getting in the way of my simming again!).
The McBain family in my game (84 Via Veronaville) would be interested to hear how you get on. (See here and here.)

On the other hand, this is the first outbreak of 'flu in my game since early 2013, and famously (or infamously?) no Sim has ever died in my game, so maybe it's a risk that my Sims and I can live with. As far as I know we don't have anything cloned from 'roaches -- of we had, I might see it as something more important.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clsve

I've finally had the chance to test this over the last few days and it seems to do exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much, @clsve :-) I've been after a mod like this for years!