Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#9401 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 10:56 PM
You can still see the therapist/Social bunny if there are no plumbobs.

I know this because I've been playing with Ja's "no plumbobs' for as long as it has existed and the therapist and social bunny still appear when aspiration failure hits.

I've seen both while playing pixels who go into aspiration failure and nobody had plumbobs.

You can't see them if you're playing another pixel while in the company of one who has gone into aspiration failure, though.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#9402 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 2:55 AM
But like Lili975 said, it depends on how you've disabled plumbbobs. If you use the plumbbobtoggle cheat you won't see them.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Theorist
#9403 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 8:54 AM
Well, the cheat disables the plumbbob from appearing at all. The no-plumbbobs mod simply replaces the mesh with an invisible one and I assume lowers the intensity of the shining effect to 0 or something appropriately small. Therefore, the plumbbobs still appear, but they're invisible.
Forum Resident
#9404 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 4:05 PM
I use a no plumBob mod because i'm too lazy to type in the plumbBob toggle cheat every time I boot up sims 2.
Mad Poster
#9405 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 2:29 AM
Apparently there's a bug where if you create an aunt/uncle and niece/nephew in CAS without also creating grandparents the family ties don't get set up correctly.
Top Secret Researcher
#9406 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
I use a no plumBob mod because i'm too lazy to type in the plumbBob toggle cheat every time I boot up sims 2.

I'm too lazy for that too so I added an alias in my userstartup, I only need to enter "p"
I often play with 12+ sims households, so plumbbobs can be helpful at times. And especially in my robot household where they all look alike, it's very helpful to have a confirmation that the right robot is selected so I couldn't disable them permanently.

New discovery:
Giving hobby tips is by far the best way to raise the social need. It's pretty much instant (cancel the action) and gives a big boost. Why haven't I used this exploit before :o

Top Secret Researcher
#9407 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 6:43 AM
I don't know if i've bothered with graduation parties before, but i've had 2 tonight. A social bunny ran by during one of the cut scenes (is that normal?) and invited the llama mascot to one and he was wearing the graduation robes, and for once I could see his face! To see the llama mascots face, just need a graduation party! lol. I had invited him to a toga party before and he showed up in a toga, WITH the llama head .

My Simblr
He/They
Top Secret Researcher
#9408 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 7:08 AM
Kicking garden gnomes is the fastest source of fun in the game. I already knew that but I wasn't desperate enough to use that hack until playing my stressful "everything major" without aspiration or lifetime rewards. What I didn't know is that the maid will place back the fallen gnomes so you don't even need to do that yourself :o Placing 20+ gnomes makes it last for the day without needing to place them back. However fallen gnomes drastically lower the environment motive, and they're prone to being stolen and stolen back so there's a catch to everything but at least on this lot there's not much of an outside area so they're mostly inside anyway.

I had a misconception that kicking garden gnomes was a "false" way to earn fun, that it would drain faster afterwards but that wasn't true, no idea where I got that from. It simply is the fastest way to have fun! But that's why I haven't used it that much

Theorist
#9409 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 9:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
To see the llama mascots face, just need a graduation party! lol
They also lose the headgear if they go swimming or jump in a hot tub for a soak.
Scholar
#9410 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 5:16 PM
A gypsy has just dropped a genie lamp on my sim's porch and left the lot by flying on a broom!! O_O

Apparently if there are benches (or any other type of seating?) close to mushino game, or what was its name, the Sims play while sitting. I didn't have a capture making program running, so here's a in-game crap snapshot
Screenshots
Theorist
#9411 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 5:23 PM
Congrats, you found the very one that brews all the potions. The other matchmakers are just dealers.
Mad Poster
#9412 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 12:55 AM
I've discovered the difference between graveyards and cemeteries!
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ceme...4b010d933178318

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Scholar
#9413 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 7:03 PM
I was on a community lot and there was a fight. It was a townie fighting the Unsavory Charlatan, and he won too. I didn't know this could happen. I didn't see the start of the fight, so I don't know what prompted it but I presume he was trying to pick the guy's pocket.
Top Secret Researcher
#9414 Old 31st Oct 2021 at 6:25 AM
I haven't used the tv that's up high much before. I just put a couple into a tiny Pleasantview lot and there was a perfect spot for it and I thought "can I put a bookshelf, usable, under there?" and it worked! So I learned I can use that tv to save space lol.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#9415 Old 5th Nov 2021 at 9:03 PM
If there is a putting green on a community lot, your Sim can ask the Unsavory guy for lessons (to gain charisma, if you have the skilling mod). And he (like he has lots of charisma!) will be happy to help.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#9416 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 1:13 AM
You can buy the easel for §315 and sell it for §350.
Theorist
#9417 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amairani

Apparently if there are benches (or any other type of seating?) close to mushino game, or what was its name, the Sims play while sitting. I didn't have a capture making program running, so here's a in-game crap snapshot

I never even got that thing to work, and I don't quite get it...like is it supposed to be a Sim version of Bingo?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9418 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 9:41 AM
Myshuno is the very life that sims breathe! It's the best game in the simuniverse! Mine even play it by themselves sometimes.
Mad Poster
#9419 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 2:17 PM
I only ever put Myshuno on community lots, because in order for it to work you need a fair number of sims on hand, and room for them to gather. I also have a tendency to place the damn thing backward, because it fills its square up sufficiently that the direction arrow is hard to see. The tall pointy bit goes in the front, and the caller stands behind it drawing the numbers, while sims come over to play within a certain arc of the front. If there isn't room for them to stand or sit in that arc (like when you put it in backwards next to a wall) no one will show, and if your game or your lot doesn't encourage quite a few sims to show up, you'll often get one sim playing by themselves, running from the caller position to the front arc.

And yes, it does seem to be sim bingo.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9420 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 4:47 PM
Here's one of my sims playing it solo:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....928#post5698928
For some reason it amuses me! It's the zaniest, wackiest, most embarassing fun you'll have in days!
Mad Poster
#9421 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 6:13 PM
For some time now, I've been trying to figure out what amount of money a pixel needs to buy generic groceries, and I think I've come up with a formula for not spending $600 for a restock of a fridge!
If you take the top most level number of the fridge, and subtract the amount it actually has, then buy the next amount rounded up on the 'scale' that it shows when you buy groceries, you won't be spending $600, but only what you need to fill it with.
Example:
A 200 food level fridge only has 131 in it.
$200 - $131 = $ 69.

In the game the 'rising level' of the amount of money you spend should be a little over 69.
I hit 73 (because it's not precise, but by 3 or 4 to the next number) and the fridge is completely full.

I believe that this should work with any fridge.

Field Researcher
#9422 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
For some time now, I've been trying to figure out what amount of money a pixel needs to buy generic groceries, and I think I've come up with a formula for not spending $600 for a restock of a fridge!
If you take the top most level number of the fridge, and subtract the amount it actually has, then buy the next amount rounded up on the 'scale' that it shows when you buy groceries, you won't be spending $600, but only what you need to fill it with.
Example:
A 200 food level fridge only has 131 in it.
$200 - $131 = $ 69.

In the game the 'rising level' of the amount of money you spend should be a little over 69.
I hit 73 (because it's not precise, but by 3 or 4 to the next number) and the fridge is completely full.

I believe that this should work with any fridge.

I think it actually costs you $2 to buy 1 food point?
Lab Assistant
#9423 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 8:04 PM
Default How much it costs to fill up a fridge, continued ...
Quote: Originally posted by Aysarth
I think it actually costs you $2 to buy 1 food point?

I think the price of groceries fluctuates in Sims 2, just as it does in real life. My Sims never go grocery shopping or call to have groceries delivered, until they open the fridge & get a message saying it's empty. Then, when the fridge gets filled up, the price is different every time!
Field Researcher
#9424 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 8:36 PM
I call for delivery just to see how much I need to buy, cancel, and drive to the store to buy groceries. Unless I have a situation where leaving the house is inconvenient, like being the only babysitter at home. Then I call for delivery.
#9425 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 11:11 PM
Dogs can destroy furniture that Sims are currently using! Poor Scotty, I don't know how she managed to stay asleep with all of that ruckus. I wonder what would happen if the dog broke the crib while the kid was in it?
Screenshots
Page 377 of 445