Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Updated* Dining Table Clutter

by cmomoney Posted 23rd Nov 2009 at 6:40 PM - Updated 9th Feb 2010 at 7:06 AM by cmomoney

76 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 54 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 2:11 PM
Oh wonderful!! I was hoping someone would make this soon! Thank you so much! It will look beautiful in my homes ^_^!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 12:48 PM
If only the placemat and the silverware are placed on a table, will sims still be able to eat and place their own plate on the table? Or will they go though the placemats?

Sims addict since 2003
And proud of it!

[Simpage] [Screenhots]
Test Subject
#28 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 6:48 PM
this looks great! it would be nice to have glasses or cups also
Test Subject
#29 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 3:37 AM
Excellent mesh! I use it quite often, seeing as how my Sims' tables are so bare.

I've noticed, however, that on a 2-tile table, the placemat and silverware do not match up (if you're using it so that the placemat works together with what the Sim is eating).
Is this only an issue with 2-tile tables, or is this something I should watch out for?
Test Subject
#30 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 9:03 AM Last edited by JZXZG : 5th Dec 2009 at 3:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by quiriquiri
this items works fine with WA? I ask because some decorations items cause blue lots... Sorry for my bad english

I got blue lots after using these items too...Thus I have the same doubt too:/
PLZ if someone can confirm that?

Sorry for being suspicious, after some testing, turned out, this set of clutter is totally harmless!

Thank U cmomoney for such a wonderful job!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 3:14 AM
This is just great! I just have one problem though. I can't seem to find where to "grab" the placemat at though, when I go to move it after I initially place it. I can't click and drag to delete it with the sledgehammer tool either. The silverware and the salt are fine, but the mat is a problem.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#32 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 4:49 AM
The mats can be selected from top view over the mat your trying to edit (see highlighted mat in pic)
Screenshots

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Inventor
#33 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 7:31 AM
This is fantastic and your description is very detailed.. Thanks so much!!

*Xts*

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Inventor
#34 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 11:11 PM
It's not necessarily a double post as my last one was a thanks.. This is more technical information than anything

I tested your set (LOOKS SO WONDERFUL IN GAME) but when they eat, it does tend to show the mat through the center of the plates (the part of the plate that sits lower) so I bet if you went back into your 3d program and just dropped them down a hair or two it'd be perfect!

Also, not sure why on this one but when zooming in (while in camera mode by hitting tab) on a sim the mats and silverware disappear. Plates and shakers stay. I can still make it work but I really do like perfection so I may tend to avoid the table somewhat when capturing video as I use the camera mode ALOT. Think it has something to do with the redraw at that distance but not sure.

You were right about it being a tad bit tricky to recolor but once you get over top of it you can click on it (or put it on the floor first lol).

I'd like a fixed version but I like this so much I plan to use it anyhow!
Thanks again!
XTS

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Test Subject
#35 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DaBlackX
This is just great! I just have one problem though. I can't seem to find where to "grab" the placemat at though, when I go to move it after I initially place it. I can't click and drag to delete it with the sledgehammer tool either. The silverware and the salt are fine, but the mat is a problem.

I had problems with this too, only I did with the salt shakers and the silverware as well. Nothing was moveable after placing it down.
In addition I could not place the mats and the silverware in the correct places on a diagonal table. I know it works best on round tables like the overview states, though, so I just gave up on using them.

I kept the salt shaker on the table, though, and my biggest problem was that when I changed my mind about where I wanted the dining room table, the shakers would not move with the table and instead just stayed floating in mid-air. I could not delete it by grabbing it, or with the sledgehammer tool, so I eventually just deleted the entire set from my game.

It's a beautiful set and I was really really excited to use it, but unfortunately it's not worth the hassel for me. I would love to see if a fixed version is possible.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JZXZG
I got blue lots after using these items too...Thus I have the same doubt too:/
PLZ if someone can confirm that?

Sorry for being suspicious, after some testing, turned out, this set of clutter is totally harmless!

Thank U cmomoney for such a wonderful job!

I've never had a problem with these objects and I think they are lovely but I just ran them through Delphy's new Dashboard Tool and they show up as corrupt, blue lot causers. It's easily fixed with the Tool but I just thought you might like to know, in case you want to post a new version.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#37 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 2:54 PM Last edited by cmomoney : 25th Jan 2010 at 3:55 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by bettybrant
I've never had a problem with these objects and I think they are lovely but I just ran them through Delphy's new Dashboard Tool and they show up as corrupt, blue lot causers. It's easily fixed with the Tool but I just thought you might like to know, in case you want to post a new version.

Thanks for the info

Edit: All files have been updated with fixes, please redownload. Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#38 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 4:35 AM
I don't have any problem with the placemats, plates and the silverware. But the salt shakers are invisible for some reason, the thumbnails are great though. When I click on the salt shakers to place them on a table, they are completely invisible. I tried placing them even if I couldn't see them, yet they remain invisible no matter where I put them. I only have the base game, updated til 1.7, direct x 9. Any suggestions on what to do so that I can keep the shakers in my game?
Test Subject
#39 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 3:55 PM
its great to have some more 'life like' decos , thanks
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 19th May 2010 at 12:14 PM
These are beautiful.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#41 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 2:50 PM
I decided yesterday that I was going to learn object modding so I could make place settings. I suppose I should be annoyed that you invalidated my project, but somehow that's fallen to the side in the light of how fantabulous these are.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#42 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 5:07 PM
Wow, these look great and the comments seem to show no problems. I will download it. I have been wanting this for the game for a while now. Too bad its not for the long fancy table though. Thanks for creating it and being so great about fixing it to look and work even better. thanks again.
Inventor
#43 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 3:19 AM
My salt & pepper shakers are invisible only in the catalog but place fine I just wanted to let ya know I'm still using this and still loving it!! I also recommend it..

Instructor
#44 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 4:30 AM
AWESOME just what i was looking for its decor time
Inventor
#45 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 3:40 AM
Default UPDATE: corrupt but fixable with Delphy's tool
Just a heads up, a tool by Delphy found these files (the copies of these files I have) to be corrupt, good news is it was able to fix them and it didn't have to disable them So I should still have them in game I never thought objects could corrupt like that.. Guess the patches by ea does something? Either way, loving the clutter.. Keeping the clutter!
xts

Now, mind you, my copy may have been BEFORE your update, not after. I have had this set for a while now so I can't tell you (even the modified date on them now is current due to the tool fixing them) whether it's before or not. Maybe I kept my original download?

Okay, found a copy in a backup that I made for an EP install.. All are dated from Nov 2009 so your update is most likely after that.. It still worked atleast lol..

Here's the tool: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=387006

Lab Assistant
#46 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 10:36 AM
Obviously this is an art...hahaha
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 7:57 PM
I finally found it! (Y) Me and my best friend swapped laptops and made each other a house and I couldn't resist using the cute little cutlery and place mats for her lodge! Thanks SO much for creating this, its amazing! o3o
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 6:24 PM
FINALLY!!!

Tables looks like REAL tables! Not like a desk!
Thank you sooooo much cmomoney!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#49 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 12:19 PM
Seeing your post i got hungry...Thanks!
Test Subject
#50 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 2:33 PM
These are beautiful. This is probably a silly question, but where in the catalogue are they? I've downloaded them all but can't find them in my game. Are they in decorative or somewhere else? All my other packages have shown up, just can't find these

take care,
Annette
Page 2 of 4