Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 7:11 PM
Default Add Texture
Hey
I cloned an object without texture...i mean that there is no texture in the Resource Tree.
So how to create a new texture?

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 11:24 AM
You must change the your name file with original name
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 11:59 AM
How? =\
Scholar
#4 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 6:47 PM Last edited by pixelhate : 15th Oct 2007 at 8:05 PM.
It might be that the object doesn't contain an image texture, but the texture/appearance of the object is determinate by the material definition (TXMT).
Like the transparency/opacity degree and the colour for glass.

For more info have a look in the Wiki:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...T/MaterialTypes
http://www.sims2wiki.info/TXMT/Parameters
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...duction-Analogy
(scroll down to Introduction to the Material Definion (TXMT)

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 1:19 AM
Definition
You're right when you say that 'Material Definition' determinate transparency and colour, but it is doesn't really help me, because I want to change the Texture...to replace the boring solid colour with texture (logo\picture\text).

somebody know?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 8:37 PM
i'm trying to find out how to do this, too. *sigh*
i've seen a rainbow coloured replacement for the baby bottle (which also has no texture), which got me excited thinking someone had finally figured out how to add a tex to it, but now i'm not so sure... possible that they're just very dextrous with the mat def. :-/
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 1:21 AM
There are a few options. Assuming you're not really picky about which texture you have (as I assume you're going to replace the image with your own) then this is how I'd do it:

Open up another object. Any object, so long as it has at least one txmt and one txtr. (It's easiest if you can get one which has exactly one of each, so you don't accidentally mismatch the ones you've got). Extract those files to somewhere temporary. Now open your cup package again and import the files into it.

Find the original txmt and copy its file name. Open the imported txmt and paste the filename in to replace its current one. Commit, then delete the original txmt.

Go to Tools > Object Tools > Fix Integrity. Click "ok".
Your cup will now have a texture.

If you want to make the package neat, you'll probably also want to rename the imported txtr file. You can do that, but make sure you also make the change in the "stdMatBaseTextureName" field of the txmt, and also in its file list, then re-run fix integrity afterwards.