Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 5:52 PM
Default Black faces after dividing edges!
Hello,
during the first steps of my new "higher poly bodyparts"-project I`ve encountered a black faces glitch, whenever I try to divide edges on an existing body mesh (in milkshape). Is there any way to prevent this while being able to increase the polycount in striving towards a better gaming experience? Many thanks in advance!

Regards!

btw: This doesn`t seem to be a backfaces problem.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 6:16 PM
Ah!,

I've solved the problem by simply selecting the vertices around the black faces and aligning the normals (milkshape plugin). Maybe this information can be helpful for other people!
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 12:50 AM
dont forget to proper boneassigne them...
dividing edges takes either the top vertice or bottom vert as reference, very annoying.
Or use Toolkit in a later stadium and enable interpolation
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 6:36 PM
Default Graphical flaw with thin morph
After over a month or so I've found the time to play around with meshing again (mostly was playing Hoi3 :-) ), but there is a new problem/glitch I can't explain myself. It seems to have to do with the thin morph, because the thinner I make the sim in TSRW the worse it is. The first example picture shows a sim butt at maximum skinniness. Polygoncount should be the same for every morph (see zip file). Everything else seems all right, but it isn't. Many thanks in advance for any help.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  dupa versuch 3.zip (123.1 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 7:23 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 3rd Aug 2013 at 11:22 PM.
It is much easier to edit just the base mesh and delete the morphs after import.
When done you use Cmar's Toolkit to create new morphs, alot quicker the making all those same edits to the morphs aswell.

Was this a adult female bottom?
I deleted all morphs and ran it through Toolkit with the original bottom as reference mesh. just a min work.
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 7:24 PM
btw, if this is a adult female mesh you might want to look arround on SS2 in either the female or teen replacement bottom threads.
Somewhere in the comments there are a few testbottoms (with similar edits i think)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 8:15 PM
Ok, many thanks. Didn't know that there are other people around, who have successfully done similar "enhancements" to make the game playable for adults. As for the morph creation it was beyond my knowledge that it is as easy as it is :-)
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 11:21 PM
morphs are very ez with Toolkit.
The bottoms are made by me, base1980 on ss2.