Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 4:31 PM
Default 1 tile window to 2 tile window
Hi is it possible to make a 1 tile window to a 2 tile window.

Its ijLargerBreezeasy.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 6:29 PM
Yes, it is. In fact, it's quite easy.

First up, open the window you want to centre in SimPE, find each of the GMDC resources, select all the groups in Plugin view and hit Export. Export them as OBJs, naming them clearly so you can tell which is which (north and south). You only need to do this for the regular version, not the diagonal version. Once you've done that, follow any old window-making tutorial to clone any two-tile window, import your meshes and make your wallmask texture*. I suggest IBliss's awesome tutorial. When it comes to importing your meshes, of course, import the meshes you exported earlier - you don't need to edit them in Milkshape or anything, just import them straight into SimPE.

If you want to be lazy, you can also import the original window's textures into your new file. If you want to be a conscientious creator and cut down on game loading times, you can turn your new file into a repository slave object, referencing the original window's textures. Done!

*There is another way of making the wallmasks, which you might consider easier or harder than just guessing and tweaking. Export the wallmask from the one tile window, and cut it in half vertically - the easiest way to do this is to edit the canvas size to 50% width and 100% height, making sure that the image is 'anchored' on one side in the canvas size window. Then create two new images, fill them with black, and paste one half of the wallmask into each image. Line the half-wallmasks up so the white edges are running along the edge of the new image, and tada - the image with the white edge on the left is your right-side wallmask, the image with the white edge on the right is your left-side wallmask.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.