Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 12:20 AM
Adding a life state (toddlers, perhaps?)
So, disclaimer: I do not know how to code. Possibly I will learn, but that's beside the point of this post!

I miss toddlers. I miss them so much. They weren't even all that fun in TS3 but babies are beyond boring and I don't ever actually get attached to my sim kids anymore because they just grow up from immobile baby-objects into annoying ten-year-olds. I want a soft squishy toddler that I can read books to and teach to say cute little baby words >: ( Curse you, EA, for taking this joy away.

My main question is if anyone who's good at coding or has an idea of how TS4 works thinks that it'd even be possible to add a new life state. Just from my limited knowledge I can imagine that this would take a TREMENDOUS amount of work, but before even getting into the details of that I wonder if it's even within a modder's capacity!

And even if no one has any real idea, I'd love to just hear thoughts. I'm mostly making this thread to facilitate discussion. And speculation. I also love the idea of learning how to code and make actual mods (I'm just now getting my feet wet with cc making though so it'll be a while).

What do you all think?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 12:54 PM
I am making custom "life states" myself, but they aren't custom ages(They are like the aliens)
I think it's not possible to add custom ages, since a lot of the code regarding that is hard-coded, but there may be a workaround, it's not a bad idea.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 2:36 PM
The Alien and Ages, and such, are actually traits, i found out using "Add Traits In Regular Menu Mod" In the "Add More Traits" Mod, it's still in testing, but it works in my game, and you can change uncontrollable sims Traits, Such as the "Walking Styles", You Can even make them left-handed, or right-handed.