Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 8:06 AM Last edited by SimArchitect : 27th Jan 2009 at 9:05 AM.
Default Hot Tub Phenomena
Ok so I have recently had an issue with a very odd hot tub phenomena.

It did not do it the last time I was in the game. In between the time that it worked to the time it hasnt worked I had made the following changes:

1. Installed Numenors Scriptorium along with Gunmods lighting.

2. My userstartup.cheat files has written in it:

#### GUNMOD RLS 2.3 beta ####
ignoreErrors true
boolProp UseShaders true
boolProp specHighlights true
boolProp floorAndWallNormalMapping true
boolProp bumpMapping true
boolProp skipTangentsInVertexData false #false for bumpmapping!
uintProp optionLightingQuality 3 #These two lines set the lighting option and
uintProp LightingQuality 3 #the lighting level to MAX (as required)
#### END ####

(Reason I show that above is because it used to have just one cheat listed, and I dont remeber what it was. Im not sure if these have anything to do with the problem, but I thought maybe one of the startup cheats was missing that needed to be there.)

I have posted the screenshots of the problem in order , because it is much to complicated to explain in words.

As you can tell, there is a bottom half (buff) of a body which dosent look like a maxis body type; but I have had Marvins buff male body type in my clothing for years and nothing has gone wrong. The sim pictured is already in a swimsuit and desnt need to change.

Though, before this retarded issue, any sim who gets in a hot tub in my game, gets naked before doing so. Im not sure if this is normal, or something that should not happen. I know for sure that when I first got the game, the sims did not get naked before getting in the hot tub.

HELP

EDIT: The same thing happens anytime the sim/s are naked. Im not sure about the female sims, but I know for sure that the male sims do.
Screenshots

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Advertisement
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 7:03 PM
I don't think this has to do with Bodyshop Modding, so have a whoosh to another forum that might be able to help.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 7:15 PM
The getting naked for the hot tub is related to the individual sims themselves, and is normal - outgoing sims may choose to get naked when getting into the hottub, much to the shock of other, more shy sims around them. The other stuff seems like it's most likely an issue with the skintone and/or mesh it uses as it's only happening to the bottom half of the body, and naked sims are split top and bottom.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 9:02 PM
I just wonder whats causing this. Its not like its a bad thing for just this one house, but I hope it isnt doing it in all my other houses?!

The sim pictured does have a custom skintone on. But I have never had a problem with this skin before untill now. I didnt change anything either?

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 9:08 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • General - Do the Game Problem FAQ
    You appear to have not gone through our main Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ. Please go through and do the steps on this FAQ, including any others that it links to (for example the Game Help:Game Problem-Problem Custom Contentwiki FAQ).

Usually, in the vast majority of cases, actually going through and doing the steps (doing, not just reading) fixes issues - sometimes you may be asked to remove custom content, or to patch - please rest assured that all of our FAQs have been tested by our staff and volunteers and we wouldn't suggest you do something unless it's been known to fix particular issues.
It's probably related to custom content in one way or another - go through the above to see what it might be.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.