Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#101 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 11:40 AM
Such lovely pictures everyone! They really put me in the holiday mood

LJ
Advertisement
Scholar
#102 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 5:04 PM
Wow, I had no idea this thread existed!
lazzybum, I love the character your game has, they all seem to be so excited, and I love what you did with the picture frames!
Right now it's spring in my game though. I look forwards to posting some Valentine's day pictures!

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Mad Poster
#103 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 9:51 PM
Holiday in the Brooks residence. Pictures are old-ish, but I don't think I've posted them here before.

Cookie baking can be a rather... messy affair

So can wrapping in presents.

Decorating for Christmas

And to round off - a snowman choir.
Scholar
#104 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 9:16 PM
With a whole lot of free time, and realizing that you could move wall items up and down with AL (and also using a couple of cheats) I put the Christmas lights and objects to better use. Well, at least I think.

It took me two whole years to realize that I could do this... And I've always been such a Christmas decorating nerd. Talk about slow. D: lol

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Forum Resident
#105 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 8:21 PM Last edited by Tenielle : 1st Jan 2011 at 2:07 AM.
Merry Christmas from Baskerville!
Forum Resident
#106 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 2:06 AM
Happy New Year from Baskerville!
Forum Resident
#107 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 12:51 PM
Happy Easter from Baskerville!

Mad Poster
#108 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 5:14 PM
I love the winking pink bunny, Tenielle! And I love Baskerville generally too :-)
Test Subject
#109 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 8:43 PM
Test Subject
#110 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 9:08 PM
Test Subject
#111 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 3:26 AM
Top Secret Researcher
#112 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 8:16 AM

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Mad Poster
#113 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 4:06 AM

"It's so much better to be sitting around a dinner table than to be sat at a desk at school, or in work!" Mary Land hosted a Winter's Day dinner, inviting her siblings and their partners, as well as her best friend Penny and her family. They couldn't afford to decorate the house - they're pretty poor, and definitely don't have enough money to buy decorations that'll only be used once a year - but that's not the most important thing about Winter's Day, anyway. Spending time with family and friends is what counts! And feeding them, too - Mary cooked roast beef and a turkey for the occasion :-)
Field Researcher
#114 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 2:57 PM
There hasn't been a reply to this thread for 3 months but I hope it's okay for me to post these photos, I really like the theme of this topic

Here's Victor and Prudence Crumplebottom with their girls, Agnes and Cornelia, celebrating their very first Christmas!

Lab Assistant
#115 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 2:34 AM Last edited by Yaoilicious : 2nd Nov 2014 at 5:27 AM.
I planning on posting some Halloween themed stuff today, but my game crashed and took all of my progress with it. And so to prevent me from literally tearing every strand of hair out my head in frustration, I opted for Christmas photos instead.

Also note that I never edit sims pics, but at the time I called myself experimenting. It was so tedious and came out so blah that I've decided never to do it again.

The Lopez family sit down to dinner on Christmas eve. For dessert, mother Marisa cooked up a batch of Santa cookies because it fit the season and whatnot. At the time I was totally unaware that these cookies would summon ol' Saint Nick.

It was kind of fun having him around at first. But after the fourth hour of him going back and forth shouting, 'Ho! Ho! Ho!' and clogging my toilet with his holly jolly colon, I was pretty done. He was also starting to creep me out when he kept following little Felipe' to the bathroom. Just coincidence though.

Christmas day was finally here and Santa was nowhere to be found (Yay!). After the family opened their gifts, Gabriella decided to extend an invite to her crush Zennifer. This was kind of a ploy just to get closer to him. Too bad her little brother didn't want to give her privacy. He'd rather embarrass her like siblings often do.

Some randomly placed mistletoe...y'know.. just to set the mood.

And the first (but certainly not the last) kiss.
#116 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 2:10 PM
Holly Jolly Colon OMG I never laughed so hard in my life
Mad Poster
#117 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Payoli_23

no pics showing

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#118 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 9:42 PM
There's not been much posting to this thread recently. But we're in a holiday season and my Sims have been celebrating. Here's how a couple of my original families celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas. My Sims celebrate Thanksgiving because the American celebration more or less coincides with the anniversary of me starting to play on 29th November 2012. So they were celebrating three years of life and (relative) prosperity. And three years in which the Grim Reaper has never been seen at all.

Andrew was enjoying a sleepover with his boyfriend Julian Moltke. So he got to roast the Moltkes' Thanksgiving Turkey. (None of them have the skill) Here he is in their kitchen putting it in the oven.

And here is the Moltkes' Thanksgiving Dinner itself. Left to right they are Martin Moltke (dad), Andrew Jones, Brigitte Moltke (middle child), Manuela Moltke (mum), Julian Moltke, and Hans Moltke (youngest child). As usual, even for this special dinner, two of them are in their underwear. Julian is actually fully dressed -- he never wears a top.

And so to Christmas. Andrew and Gloria put up their new Christmas tree and then had a family kiss beside it. I'll spoiler that picture as I've already posted it in another thread.

After that kiss Gloria went to lie down on the sofa for a nap, while Andrew went to the kitchen to prepare the Christmas Turkey. He's getting quite proficient at this now.

When the turkey was ready, Andrew and Gloria sat down together at their little table in the window to enjoy a quiet Christmas Dinner. They have chatted over many meals together there in the three years since they moved into 19 Chorus Court.

Finally we return to the Moltkes' house at 100 Via Veronaville.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#119 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 9:55 PM
@AndrewGloria -I love seeing your sims- they seem so real because of the way you talk about them! And I dig Andrew's shirt.
Scholar
#120 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 12:26 AM
@AndrewGloria you started the day after my birthday! And you don't have aging on?

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#121 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 12:14 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 28th Dec 2015 at 1:31 PM.
@simsample, My Sims are quite real to me too. I sometimes find it hard to remember there's not a real heart beating in Andrew's chest. His shirt is one of sushigal007's tropical shirts. Andrew has 3 of those shirts which he tries to match to various pairs of shorts. If you look at the comments for that download (post #12) you can see the thank-you letter he sent to sushigal007.

@DezzyBoo, Yes, I play with aging off nearly all the time. I only occasionally turn it on to let a Sim age up; little Hans Moltke was a toddler when I created him in CAS. I think I decided to play with Aging off when I played the tutorial and saw that Tutorial Joe had only 28 days till he became an elder. I thought, "That's only a month! He looks so young!" It does mean I don't get to follow my Sims through the generations, but in compensation I get to know individuals really well, none more so than these ones who have been with me from the beginning. I think playing with aging off possibly helps to make them real to me -- they don't age any faster than I do. Andrew will always be much younger than me, but I respect his judgement, and even his intellect. My Sims can be idiosyncratic, eccentric, cranky and even silly, but never stupid. And, as Andrew says, it's eccentrics and cranks that make an engine work.

[EDIT] Since this is the Holiday Pictures thread, here are two more pictures of this year's Christmas:

The perhaps over-the-top decorations outside Jack Gill and Ravi Bertino's house in Mendoza Lane, Downtown. Honeywell's tree in the foreground is new, most of the rest has been there since last year; Jack and Ravi never bothered to take the decorations down after last Christmas!

A close-up of the reindeer and things in the front garden. Wondering about all the vases of roses round the front door? Both Jack and Ravi have LTWs to have 50 dream dates. They're running out of places to put the roses inside the house!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 5:05 AM
Just wondering how do you get Santa Clause to come?
I didn't even know he DID come until people talked about it here.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#123 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scarlet Love
Just wondering how do you get Santa Clause to come?
I didn't even know he DID come until people talked about it here.

You need the Christmas SP - it's called different things in different places so it will depend where you live. I think you have to have the cornucopia, a tree and make Christmas biscuits on lot but can't remember exactly. Someone else will know that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 4:13 PM
@maxon I have the Holiday SP but I was just wondering, thank you. I will test it out!
Page 5 of 6