Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#101 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 1:36 PM Last edited by Killc*a : 23rd Oct 2009 at 5:14 PM.
Ok, I found the solution for my blurring problem . I applied the glass material also to the non-glass objects but changed the last number in the diffuse line to 1.000000000000 . So they are not transparent and have nice textures .

EDIT: Now I found an even better solution . I used the original .mtlsrc again, but changed 4 numbers: 2x "MaskWidth" from 00000080 to 00000200 and 2x "MaskHeight" from 00000100 to 00000200. It seems that MaskWidth and MaskHeight are responsible for the quality of the pattern.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#102 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 11:59 PM
Fantastic news Killc*a! Thanks for sharing your findings This information is going to come in very handy.

OM
Field Researcher
#103 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nazariopilar
sorry, my English is null

make a new chair with some glass and some solid
there are no chairs with two groups

Pilar, what about finding an armchair with two groups and convert it to a dining chair ?
I think Inge did that for some sims3 armchairs…
Actually, I have the same problem (except I didn't realise it until you pointed it out -___-).
Alchemist
Original Poster
#104 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 1:16 PM
Is there an armchair with 2 groups besides the shadow?

OM
Field Researcher
#105 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 2:20 PM
Well, i'll have to check, that's the other thing ^^.
Inventor
#106 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 3:15 PM
We sure could use a list of all the objects with their specifications about groups and recolorable parts etc.
Inge was going to talk with Delphy about that, and see if maybe S3PE could give information about it.
Field Researcher
#107 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 7:28 PM
Maybe we could start a thread where people can post about the objects they've cloned already and have info about ? This would be a start.
I think I'll just go ahead, create it and post about my findings.
Test Subject
#108 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 7:51 PM
Which informations do we need in details ?
EA name of the object
number of castable parts
number of groups in .MLOD 0X00000000 and what the group contain
Something else?
Field Researcher
#109 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 8:01 PM
Pretty much what I noted , except for the CAStable parts. I just edited to add that. Thanks
I noted groups for all MLOD/MODL... Maybe that was too much ?
Test Subject
#110 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 8:06 PM
I think it's good like that. I will edit every time the castable parts. That let know how many materials the mesh has. it could perhaps help.
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 5:47 PM
I have a question I have managed to make transparent flooring but the problem is it isn't as shiny as I would like it to be how do I increase the shininess on the glass color
Alchemist
Original Poster
#112 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 5:50 PM
If you figure it out let me know. I had the exact same problem which is why I scrapped my glass flooring experiment.

The only suggestion I can make is to start experimenting with the settings of whatever glass shader you're using. Try changing the numbers and see if you end up with something you like.

OM
Forum Resident
#113 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 6:16 PM
Isn't there a Specular line in those settings? That should control shininess...
I may be wrong.
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 6:18 PM Last edited by JillianWong : 2nd Nov 2009 at 3:45 PM.
oh yes there is I forgot all about that thanks for that lemoncandy I will have to start messing with the specular to see where I get with it
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 3:45 PM
so I have a question I have managed the up the specular on my flooring they are shiny to where I want them even though I might up it a tad more lol.

My question is there a way to modify the transparency of the glass texture as I would like them a tad bit more transparent. On roofs they are transparent see image but on the floor as an overlay they are not as transparent as I would like them to be. Sorry for being such a noob and asking so many questions.

on flooring not so transparent
Field Researcher
#116 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JillianWong
so I have a question I have managed the up the specular on my flooring they are shiny to where I want them even though I might up it a tad more lol.

My question is there a way to modify the transparency of the glass texture as I would like them a tad bit more transparent. On roofs they are transparent see image but on the floor as an overlay they are not as transparent as I would like them to be. Sorry for being such a noob and asking so many questions.

To make them more transparent, you need to change the last number in the "Diffuse" line to smaller numbers. For example 0.10000000 to make it very tranparent.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 3:57 PM
Thank you Killc*a off to experiment
Field Researcher
#118 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 6:02 PM
Jillian, just to be clear, is it a floor tile, that you edited ? If yes, is it transparent from the bottom too ?
Whatever you did anyway, it's absolutely fantastic.
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 6:27 PM
It is a 3x2 rug I edited by adding a glass texture to it
thank you hazuitokage
Alchemist
Original Poster
#120 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 1:00 AM
Jillian your glass flooring looks wonderful Don't worry about being a "noob". We're all pretty much trying to learn to mesh with this new game and you gotta start somewhere.

I don't know if this will help at all but the Fresnal thing also changes the glass texture. If you're not getting the effect you want just by changing the Diffuse you might try Fresnal also. Just a thought.

OM
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 7:09 PM
JillianWong - That looks great. how is it progressing
Field Researcher
#122 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 9:29 PM
She already posted it up at her site ^^.

Everybody is requesting glass floors since I posted my glass windows, but my recent attempts ended up in a pitiful bowl of fail. I'm not even sure I'm cloning the floors the right way, and besides, the ceiling would probably need to be edited too. I cloned it and when I exported the mesh for it, it was a cube. this is very strange ^^. One thing is sure, glass floor tiles are a long way away (especially if I'm the only one trying to make them ). My take is that people that already made new floor tiles would maybe be better at this... Oh well. I suppose this will be cracked too in due time ^^.

… I'm talking to myself.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#123 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 10:05 PM
I got a lot of requests for glass floors when I posted that glass barrier thingy too. But I think you're right...the people best situated to take it on are the people who have been working with floors not meshes.

OM
Forum Resident
#124 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 6:33 PM
Question, maybe somebody knows this.

What is this material and how does it influence a glass object? And where can I look up what the number corresponds to?

I'd like to create a dark colored glass, so far I could only get pastel colors fiddling with the RGB+transparency values. Okay I'll be exact: I want a beer bottle brown, but can only get a diluted tea color.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#125 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 6:47 PM
Have you tried using the car glass instead of the glass for objects? It already has a sort of smoky grey color and maybe would take a brown color without being too pastel?

OM
Page 5 of 6