Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 5:43 PM
Default Backfaces getting in the way - help?
Hi!

After a long time I finally continued with meshing my shoes, I started over from scratch and I only got one problem left. My middle strand is completely dark in Milkshape and looks really weird in TSRW.

I re-did that strand and the one before had the same issue. I'm not sure what I could do about it.

Thanks

BYE!
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 6:44 PM
If the faces are facing the wrong way you should select the strand and try 'Faces / Face Front' or 'Faces / Reverse Vertex Order'. You may have to fix the normals also.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 1:06 AM
it is most likly due the normals.
fixing normals on diffrent angled planes cause this.
To fix this you have to seperate and alligne the normals on each plane(front and sides seperated, maybe it even has a back side)

Wat you first can try is to delete everything exept those planes, then turn on autosmooth and mirror the mesh and back.
If those planes are seperated on the uvmap then milkshape will autosmooth each plane nicly.
Then turn autosmooth off and import the shoe mesh again, delete the dark planes on it and regroup it with the ones you just fixed.
hopes this makes sence.

if autosmooth doesn't do the job then you need to select all the vertice of the problem part and choose unweld.
Then (with autosmooth on) you mirror it(and back)