Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 11:58 PM
Default Black spot on mesh in TSRW, looks fine in milkshape. O.o
It seems to be that TSRW and Milkshape hate each other on my computer lol. Anyways, on to the good stuff. If you look at the pictures, you'll see my dilemma. Ive been working on this particular project for a few days and I've made so much progress, and I thought I was almost done, BUT then..this happens. >.> That black spot on the bow won't go away, but when I zoom in closer, it's fine underneath? I'm not sure how to fix it ;__;.

Oh and just to put another one of my issues along with this so I don't have to create a new thread..is there a way to get rid of the shadow on the plugs? Click the picture to see, it happened after I aligned the normals because they were super dark.

I hope someone can help. xD
Screenshots
Attached Images

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 5:20 PM
o-o ooh pretty glasses are pretty.

I'm only a beginner at meshing so please don't think that any of what I say is accurate.
The person that sort of taught me how to do the basics said that you don't want to overlap the faces otherwise there'll will be complication. She didn't say what would happen so my guess is that this kind of thing would happen?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Felquish
o-o ooh pretty glasses are pretty.

I'm only a beginner at meshing so please don't think that any of what I say is accurate.
The person that sort of taught me how to do the basics said that you don't want to overlap the faces otherwise there'll will be complication. She didn't say what would happen so my guess is that this kind of thing would happen?

I'm a complete beginner too [the glasses mesh is by Tamo] so any information is valuable xD. Haha. Hmm I didn't create the bow though, I just kind of moved vertices around on it, and duplicated the one[normal] side of the bow onto the other. I don't really know what to do. :/ My knowledge is so limited.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 10:35 PM
pretty sure the faces are reversed on that part of the bow.
-select the part(faces) and choose revert vertex order from the face menu.
then alligne the normals.

for the earplug:
-select the innerpart only.
-choose unweld.
-alligne the normals.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 12:24 AM
Bloombase, I finished the mesh and I'm finally ready for texturing. I followed your first step and selected three of the faces (I assume that's how you choose a face) and then clicked on revert vertex. Nothing happened. Also, how do exactly do you align the normals? Whaaa
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
pretty sure the faces are reversed on that part of the bow.
-select the part(faces) and choose revert vertex order from the face menu.
then alligne the normals.

for the earplug:
-select the innerpart only.
-choose unweld.
-alligne the normals.

ah thank you bloom ♥. I have done as you said, although your answer to my first problem didn't work, I figured it out. xD And your second solution worked beautifully, I'm soooo excited to test them out in game now. Thank you soo much! I've been working with those plugs forever.
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Felquish
Also, how do exactly do you align the normals? Whaaa

You can use smoothing groups or autosmooth but i prefer Demon's alligne normals. a plugin available here:http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=139859
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 5:45 PM
Lol I have to agree with the reverse vertex thing, it didn't work for some reason. But I have another question, is there a way to ungroup a mesh? I'm probably going to have to start over with the plugs because I didn't uvmap them correctly when I first started, but I was just wondering. >.<
Sockpuppet
#9 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 11:18 PM
you select the faces(not vertice) and choose regroup
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
you select the faces(not vertice) and choose regroup
Ohhh okay thank you :3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 9:10 PM
I don't know if either of you guys were interested in seeing how they turned out in the end, but if you check Mysims3blog daily, I'm sure you've seen the glasses, haha. Anyways, here's the finished product. :3 http://simmingwithsirens.tumblr.com...but-just-to-let