Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 7:57 PM
Default Adding a Obj to a Clothing Mesh. Help ASAP
Hi there I'm new to the whole meshing thing and wanted to make my own 3D clothe mesh's.

First of I extracted the Nude top from CAS to my desktop Lod1, Lod2, Lod3
Then I opened up Lod1 in Milkshape 3D (1.8.5)

After that I made a quick top on blender 2.66a using the sims 3 avatar.
On blender I exported my top as a Obj. File to my desktop

Then I imported the top.obj onto milkshape where I have my Lod1 opened.
But this is the confusing part, is there a way of adding the Top to the Geom-00 so it's as one? If you understand what I mean.

Doesn't the top needed to be added to the skeleton? So it's as one

Also will I need to make a top in Milkshape if this dont work?

I've anyone understands please reply ASAP. Thanks

P.s I've added some photo's to help you understand.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 9:10 PM
In order to be usable, the obj mesh needs to have bone assignments and UV mapping. From the picture it also looks like you need to fix the normals and/or reverse the faces. Once that's done, you can merge the two groups - select both groups in the Groups tab, then click 'Regroup'. Make sure the group comments are the same as the nude top. Then renumber the combined mesh (using Wes Howe's Autorenum tool) and export as a .simgeom.

I haven't actually done this process, so can't guarantee it'll work. BloomsBase can tell you more.

It would be better to remove the part of the nude mesh that's under the bra, so you don't get clipping problems. And of course you'll have to make morphs. You can use Mesh Toolkit to do auto bone assignments and auto morphs using the nude mesh as reference in both cases. UV mapping from scratch is difficult though.

I've been working off and on to add an obj converter to Toolkit, but don't know when I'll be done.

In general for this kind of thing it's easier to find an EA mesh that's similar to what you want and modify it, or take pieces from two or more meshes and Frankenstein them.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 10:44 PM
Okie dokie Thank you =3
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 11:28 PM
As Cmar explaine, uvmap the top before you regroup it.
Keep in mind that the custom parts need to be uvmapped in a specific area, neither should they interfear with the nude top parts
Use this template:
As you will see there is not much room for it on the map
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 11:32 PM
Oh, dont clone the nude top as clothing outfit.(i made that mistake in the past)
It has a diffrent setup as clothing, use a bra top instead.(were you can load the nude top with your custom addon in)