Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 10:39 PM
Default Adding custom traits as Club Requirements
Hey
Is there any way to add custom traits as Club Requirements without replacing the club_tuning XML file????
Advertisement
Deceased
#2 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 4:20 AM
None that I can see. This tuning would likely be a good candidate for a script injection method for the tuning as only one mod would be able to override that data. Lists like that are generally fairly easy to update within the scripting but as I don't have GT I wouldn't be able to try it out myself. It would have to work something like the InventoryType method - http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=571603 (but should be easier) and I'd be willing to help out with advice if someone wants to try tackling that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
None that I can see. This tuning would likely be a good candidate for a script injection method for the tuning as only one mod would be able to override that data. Lists like that are generally fairly easy to update within the scripting but as I don't have GT I wouldn't be able to try it out myself. It would have to work something like the InventoryType method - http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=571603 (but should be easier) and I'd be willing to help out with advice if someone wants to try tackling that.

I will try to do it myself.
I've been fiddling a lot with TS4 script files and Python tutorials lately.
If some experienced Python scripter knows how to do something like this, please, give it a try! :D
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 6:29 PM
you're going to need to edit the clubs.club_tuning file in s4studio. There's a section named <L n="CLUB_TRAITS">, which is a list of the applicable traits to filter clubs against. simply add a new line and replace the number ( <T>9620<!--trait_Snob--></T>)
with your trait number. That number is found in your trait package under the trait tuning, looks something like s="14463942914636423222".
it's a good rule of thumb to comment the number as well, since it makes changes later much easier, since you can trigger a new trait number when modifying or recreating your trait.
Happy modding!
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 6:30 PM Last edited by firefly47 : 17th Feb 2016 at 6:44 PM.
similarly, if you want to make a trait similar to the 'bro' or 'snob' conditional group buffs, you can include that same trait number in the proximity test/trait test section of the mod constructor. neat things are neat.

edit: because bad typing
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by firefly47
you're going to need to edit the clubs.club_tuning file

Maybe read the first post again? They are specifically asking how to do that "without replacing the club_tuning XML file".

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 12:31 PM
Couldn't do it....it's just too complicated :P
I guess i'll have to edit the club_tuning file until someone figures it out