Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Liam Build Set

by Adele Posted 27th Apr 2009 at 4:36 PM - Updated 21st May 2009 at 1:36 AM by Adele : Adding wall cap

98 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 86 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Field Researcher
#51 Old 5th May 2009 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Adele
If anyone knows how to make objects placeable across already occupied tiles, I would greatly appreciate your help!

Can you just make the window with one side? & reversable.
Then it wouldn't need the moveobjects cheat.

( I honestly don't know squat when it comes to meshes.)

EDIT: Thank you again.

ClicknPsycho
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 5th May 2009 at 3:12 AM
Very beautiful and inspiring. I couldn't imagine what sort of work was put into the modeling, but the color choices and execution are visionary. Here I thought I let go of those early 90s grunge musicians, but I can see it all coming back right here.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 5th May 2009 at 1:13 PM
I had a 'cap' for the end of the windows, but had been struggling to make it placeable without using the moveobjects cheat, so I released the set without it. If I can't figure it out soonish, I'll just release it as it is now.

Hmmm, I don't know if this helps, but Numenor had such an item for going with his glass-walls, it was a kind of column for hiding the gap - could it be cloned from a column?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 5th May 2009 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M0rgaine
Hmmm, I don't know if this helps, but Numenor had such an item for going with his glass-walls, it was a kind of column for hiding the gap - could it be cloned from a column?

Yeah-- the issue with that is still that it would take up the space of the tile it's on. I would prefer it if it could act more as a painting, so that no floor space is taken up. That's what I've cloned as of now-- a painting. Everything works wonderfully but it's just that in some case you need to enable the moveobjects cheat to place it, which might be a bother to some.

ClicknPsycho: I thought about doing it that way originally, but it's just a lot of extra work to make 2 completely new windows, and a ton more guid's to register. I'll have to think about it....
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 5th May 2009 at 6:55 PM
Yeah-- the issue with that is still that it would take up the space of the tile it's on. I would prefer it if it could act more as a painting, so that no floor space is taken up. That's what I've cloned as of now-- a painting. Everything works wonderfully but it's just that in some case you need to enable the moveobjects cheat to place it, which might be a bother to some.

Well, it surely doesn't bother me, I use moveobjects all the time, so if you could release this item for those who prefer it this way, that would be very nice! Paintings can be placed even when there is something on the wall by pressing ALT and CTRL, which is very useful for clutter-junkies like me who love to clutter up even the walls

But if you don't want to release something which isn't perfect in your eyes, I can understand it!
Test Subject
#56 Old 6th May 2009 at 3:18 AM
I don't think I have a single house in my game that isn't populated with your gorgeous things! Thank you for your generosity and for sharing your amazing work.
Test Subject
#57 Old 8th May 2009 at 7:15 AM
Gyahh!! You are incredible Adele! This set is stunning.

I can't help but to cram your creations into every lot i make. Thankyou so much!!
Test Subject
#58 Old 9th May 2009 at 2:45 AM
Just when I say no more downloads I find something made by adele and of course I have to download immediately because it's exquisitely made and amazing as always! Thanks!
Test Subject
#59 Old 9th May 2009 at 12:36 PM
thank u very much ~good!! have a nice day ~@
Test Subject
#60 Old 10th May 2009 at 4:56 AM
I love your stuff SO MUCH. You are definitely my favorte object creator. Thank you!
Forum Resident
#61 Old 13th May 2009 at 12:20 AM
Great for my post-apocolyptic challenge neighborhood! Thank you!
Test Subject
#62 Old 18th May 2009 at 1:22 AM
*accidentally declares love for you*

This is one set made of some awesometastic stuff. Thanks so much. It will get used A LOT.

~ * No cheating, no fun... * ~
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 18th May 2009 at 7:54 AM
Over 5.000 downloads, over 1.000 thanks... wow, Adele, your set is so much appreciated! Do you still consider doing something about the gap? I love to see your stuff in game, and I would love it even more to fill that space... *beg*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#64 Old 21st May 2009 at 1:31 AM
M0rgaine: Added a wall cap. :D
Field Researcher
#65 Old 21st May 2009 at 6:24 AM
Wall cap! "shutters with excitement" You are magnificent!
Every time I visit your page its like I'm a kid on Christmas morning.

It makes me sooo happy!

ClicknPsycho
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 21st May 2009 at 12:58 PM
Wall cap!!!

Yeah, you're so nice, that's great!!!

You are the

*smack*
Scholar
#67 Old 29th May 2009 at 8:06 AM
Adele You always, make high quality stuff ever. Thanks
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 31st May 2009 at 10:29 AM
Absoloutely gorgeous, Adele. I am a huge fan of yours. <3
Field Researcher
#69 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 11:36 AM
You make some of the most hauntingly beautiful sets. Thank you!
Test Subject
#70 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 5:59 PM
Adele I am always impressed and in love with all of your stuffies but this time I'm so blown away. I tested that set only yesterday and then couldn't stop building - it kept me so long awake that my visual nature this morning was more of a recently rouged racoon than the normal homo simiensis I appear to be usually ;o)

Thanks a lot for all the goodies you give us :lovestruc

Juli
Test Subject
#71 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 7:01 PM
Brilliant WORKS!
Scholar
#72 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 11:36 PM
How could I have missed it !! Even though I don't have playable game anymore I need to download this piece of art !
Thank you.

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 2:56 PM
Adele, swear to God, your creations alone make it impossible to even consider abandoning Sims 2 for Sims 3. There are many great creators out there but you're in a class by yourself. Thank you SO MUCH for all the gorgeous content you've given us.

The universe lies before you on the floor, in the air, in the mysterious bodies of your dancers, in your mind. From this voyage no one returns poor or weary.

- Agnes De Mille
Test Subject
#74 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 11:05 PM
All ur uploads are just amazing! U do the most amazing stuff in this site, congratulations!!!! =D
Scholar
#75 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 2:47 AM
This is so impressive. Finally some not-all-that-modern building materials. I needed this so badly. Thank you!
Page 3 of 4