Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 6:46 PM
Default Does Buzz Grunt actually hate aliens?
I know it's been canon that in the sims 2, Buzz has his hatred towards PT9. Though, however something curious I thought is somehow the community majority agreed upon that Buzz hates aliens/is 'racist' towards aliens (racist is just a heavy handed word for this fictional alien species) however I am not sure how it has gotten to that. I have thought Buzz also hated aliens in playthroughs, however recently I just looked more into it, nothing in his bio says anything about it nor the household bio, and he doesn't hate the two Curious twins (though they are bin sims, not sure how that works)

It makes me wonder, does Buzz truly hate all aliens, or does Buzz just hate PT9 due to reasons?
Console Sims 2 I don't personally believe to be canon, however perhaps it can also be added in the discussion.

----

I might have a headcanon for why he hates PT9, involving his job, perhaps knowing that PT9 impregnating the sim men after some DNA tracking? First they might have been friends or alright acquaintances due to Buzz higher lifetime relationship with him, but then things turn sour as he finds out about PT9's past (and maybe even present marriage with Jenny which seems suspicious with Jenny being obsessed with green and Jenny being PT9's stepdaughter)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 7:44 PM
I guess the reason why Buzz hates PT9 is because his life is perfect: he has a beautiful big house with a green garden in the desert, a beautiful and caring wife and two happy, easygoing children.
Buzz's wife broke up with him and left, apparently disappearing after that. Maybe Buzz thinks PT9 is involved in her disappearance. It's a Homer-Flanders situation, where Buzz is envious of his neighbor's wealth and happiness. I imagine PT9 smiling and waving to Buzz while watering the garden when Buzz passes by and doesn't even wave back.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 9:10 PM
I've just always been under the impression the military doesn't like aliens... based on literally all military sci-fi media I have consumed

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 10:01 PM
Well yeah, aliens are a national security risk. That's why the IRL US military was looking for them at one point.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Well yeah, aliens are a national security risk. That's why the IRL US military was looking for them at one point.

Pretty much they already are a risk in the sims world seeing how aliens abduct people and causing them to get pregnant. The perhaps delaying sims research of space.
Oooh, maybe that's also the reason Jeff, Daniel's dad, wasn't able to go to Mars (though, I know it's a nod to Sims Mars) ah, I love making up this lore.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Khal Ulti
I guess the reason why Buzz hates PT9 is because his life is perfect: he has a beautiful big house with a green garden in the desert, a beautiful and caring wife and two happy, easygoing children.
Buzz's wife broke up with him and left, apparently disappearing after that. Maybe Buzz thinks PT9 is involved in her disappearance. It's a Homer-Flanders situation, where Buzz is envious of his neighbor's wealth and happiness. I imagine PT9 smiling and waving to Buzz while watering the garden when Buzz passes by and doesn't even wave back.

That's also a very popular PT9 vs Buzz theory that people like, it's a possibility though I just think PT9 is too suspicious to have a perfect family with his step daughter. And the lifetime relationship of them being higher is interesting meaning they could've been- some resemblance of nice neighbors at some point until Buzz decided to become enemies with him.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
Red city, is the sim nation's enemy, according to some of the Maxis Default Military career chace cards.

I am not sure where Red city is located, could be another planet (edit) "but I have not read the article below yet" but according to reading some of the chance cards Sim City also known as Sim Nation is at war with them, the enemy does things like try's to kid nap the Mayor of Simcity in which I guess is like the same thing as what the US President is for the United States is in real life as the Sim Nation Leader. I don't know exactly where Red CIty is Located I we all should read it may I have not read it as of this post but It might shed some light on this threads conversation or not. I don't know I am going to read
THIS ARTICLE:
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/SimNation

now

Oh, perhaps Red City would be referring to mars to the sims?
I scrolled to the military section to read that the DS version is at war at the aliens, and knowing the PSP version has the military take hold of the Smith family, they do seem to have some trouble with the aliens.

This could also explain the sims are sent to mars/become astronauts in the military career track.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 11:08 PM
Red city, is the sim nation's enemy, according to some of the Maxis Default Military career chace cards.

I am not sure where Red city is located, could be another planet (edit) "but I have not read the article below yet" but according to reading some of the chance cards Sim City also known as Sim Nation is at war with them, the enemy does things like try's to kid nap the Mayor of Simcity in which I guess is like the same thing as what the US President is for the United States is in real life as the Sim Nation Leader. I don't know exactly where Red CIty is Located I we all should read it may I have not read it as of this post but It might shed some light on this threads conversation or not. I don't know I am going to read
THIS ARTICLE:
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/SimNation

now

Oh well, the sims 2 chance card for the astronaut seems like to refer the Red City and Simsnation is on a space race, but this space race is to Venus interestingly enough.
Red City is mentioned also in level 6 military chance card, but not directly, saying the sims saw some bogeys in international water but they seem to be somewhere possibly as far as Red City, which might be that Red City is from the same planet, but maybe could possibly be UFOs, but I'm not sure of what the results of the chance cards say.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 11:23 PM
no it says something about Russia read above

It's a reference to the US and Russia space war, but doesn't explicitly say the Red City is based on Russia, Simsnation could be based on US from the Sims 3 map in the school, though.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 2:13 AM
I think Buzz is not an actual Alien hater, but that he has a beef with PT because PT's sisters (???) are pretty attractive to Buzz and he falls for Chloe every time. I think PT doesn't think Buzz is a very nice guy (especially to his kids) and PT is a soft-hearted guy, who feels sorry for Buzz's kids.
But Johnny doesn't like Ripp very much, either.
I think it's just a personal feud going on with the two families.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 3:27 AM
These things are left up to the player. If he hates them or is misunderstood is up to you.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 3:32 AM
I think he hates them because of the whole military, seeing them as a potential threat thing. And to be fair they do abduct sims and impregnate them ... though I don't think all the aliens do that. The ones that are living among non-alien sims I just see as normal sims but people like Buzz will see them as a potential threat because of what the aliens up above do.

But what joandsarah said, it's up to the player. That's just how I play.

My Simblr
He/They
Forum Resident
#17 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
.But Johnny doesn't like Ripp very much, either.

It's actually Tank who doesn't like Johnny, Ripp is close to being his friend.

As for the Buzz hating aliens thing, I think it can be interpreted differently from player to player. Personally, I view him as hating aliens overall, since in the Strangetown trailer, he's shown to be star gazing (looking for UFOs) as well as watching the Smiths. He probably views them as a legitimate risk to Simkind. However, the Ned Flanders thing is also a likely idea.

I play with the hating aliens overall angle, as the military viewing them as a risk makes sense to me.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Inventor
#18 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 4:21 AM
By using the R-word you can delegitimize many kinds of negative reactions. Almost nobody wants to be associated with the R-word.

There are obvious valid reasons to hate aliens. They don't just sit in their country and mind their own business. Think about the mutilation of the body that has to be performed to make "pregnancy" possible. It is worse than assault on a woman. How a person would have to hide in fear of being pushed away by his former friends and the risk of getting quarantined in a government laboratory. The foreign DNA would likely have devastating effects on our biology, greater than the mystery corona disease and GMOs.

Technically he is a skeleton with green clothes on. But once you start to describe him with more specific terms as a "pollination alien", then you have to build a setting and story around it.

The "game" gives very few solid facts to work with in existing biographies. Whatever you imagine and write down will be true.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 9:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
These things are left up to the player. If he hates them or is misunderstood is up to you.

That's the fun in speculation posts, now of course it can be an easy yes or no answer, but it's just fun to give or read some explanation, headcanons or such and possible theories.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 12:55 PM
It's up to the player. I just think it depends on the Alien. In my game, he had no problem with Ripp being poly with Johnny and Ophelia. I like to think PT9 was maybe once a super wanted alien criminal by the government and so Buzz thinks him settling down with the "perfect family" is just too sus and is convinced he's still up to no good, so it's only PT9 he really has a problem with.

And I headcanon Buzz used to be in love with Jenny, so that's part of why he resents PT9: because PT9 "won" Jenny lol. But that's before he met Lyla. He just still has a bruised ego about it.
Scholar
#22 Old 24th Feb 2022 at 9:42 PM
As far as I know, it's based (a very little) on the series Roswell. I loved that show.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Forum Resident
#23 Old 25th Feb 2022 at 11:22 AM
not in my game, because there are no supernaturals in my game and that includes aliens they’re all human in my game and it’s set in a welsh city so i’m going off of tensions in the city i live in - Polly and the rest of the Smiths are English and the Grunts are Welsh so the deep-rooted animosity is from...*drumroll please*...RUGBY TENSIONS! That and just...Buzz is very much a Welsh elitist who doesn’t like English people lol (again, this is personal experience, thought it suited the setting)

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!