Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 5:42 AM
Some traits seem pointless on their own, but when combined with others create some really exceptional sims. My favorite so far has been Unlucky, Clumsy, Insane, Inappropriate, and Hates Children--a living tornado who does some seriously legendary work in the realm of fail. Epic to witness, truly.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sarasvati
Some traits seem pointless on their own, but when combined with others create some really exceptional sims. My favorite so far has been Unlucky, Clumsy, Insane, Inappropriate, and Hates Children--a living tornado who does some seriously legendary work in the realm of fail. Epic to witness, truly.

Fully agree. It's not just the trait on its own. You have to try out the combinations. Then you also have to try out things that you may not think you can do. Click on everything you'll find some interesting things you can do with certain traits.

I'm also in agreement that I am not fully happy that insane sim can't figure out what to wear. So far the two outfits she won't wear are her underwear (sleepwear) and normal outift. I have even seen her change clothes like 5 times in a row before going to work.

Not another signature.....
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 6:49 AM
My clumsy sim dropped the engagemnt ring when he was proposing, I thought that was funny
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by laurbake
My clumsy sim dropped the engagemnt ring when he was proposing, I thought that was funny

Haha really? I didn't see my clumsy sim ever fail at anything but walking :D

If you were a Sim, would anybody want to play you?
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 10:55 AM
The only one I doubt I'll ever play is a technophobe but you never know.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 11:20 AM
I used "can't stand art" for a Sim whose daughter is an artist - I didn't want them to get along. It makes him feel a sort of low grade irritation constantly, which I like.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sid Nitzerglobin
Yeah, I believe part of the point of them is to introduce entropy to the social systems. Things can get boring fast if everyone gets along, agrees about everything, and is happy and well adjusted.

Agreed! I never really thought there was much of a point to half of them, but it gave each sim, just like each real human, a little bit of difference. One thing I hated about TS2 was that every Sim was the same, unless in my head I decided that Sim 1 was a skeezy cheater and Sim 2 was a hopeless romantic, and I actually had to force their actions. Now I can actually give those traits, even if they never really play out in the game.

nom nom nom nom
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 4:32 PM
The technophobe trait is ok, its basically just the TV and computer (maybe the microwave) - a radio doesn't cause a negative moodlet. A wish there was a typewriter or writing pad (anyone want to mod the homework book) though, as my sim keeps wanting to write.

Also my 'hates children' sim keeps get a negative moodlet from picking up her nieces and nephews to change diapers, put them in cribs etc.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bidou
Also my 'hates children' sim keeps get a negative moodlet from picking up her nieces and nephews to change diapers, put them in cribs etc.

"Hates children" is pretty funny.

I gave it to my Sim that also hates art - the one who doesn't get along with his daughter the painter. He gets the option to "patronize" when he's talking to her. Then she gets ticked at him. Very funny. And good for messing up their relationship.
Page 2 of 2