Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#701 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 12:08 PM
Hallowbrook (Update)

Hallowbrook's Public Transport Committee has finally paved the way for a reliable public transport system! Bus stations are now scheduled regularly to stop on Main Street (right in front of the park), Hallowbrook's Rest, the public library, the Hallowbrook Lake and across from the gas station. Furthermore, two new shops have opened up on Main Street: Fangorn's Forest (a shop for all your flowery/planty needs) and Pennywise' Playtime (a toy store offering a slightly bizarre variety of things). Hallowbrook now boasts a dog park as well (beware the hooded figures), and the curio shop Needful Things has also received a little bit of a makeover, with a new apartment building being built next door. Last but not least, the farm seems to be enjoying a bountiful year.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#702 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 11:40 PM Last edited by HarVee : 27th Nov 2020 at 2:20 AM.
So I decided to start a new neighborhood. It is mostly a testing hood with cookie cutter houses, but I thought I'd attempt to decorate it anyway.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#703 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 9:44 PM Last edited by HarVee : 27th Nov 2020 at 2:20 AM.
So this is what I'm doing so far with Cutley. A paved paradise. I changed from my edited lane-less Maxis-Match roads to Criquette's Rural Charm roads, well an edited version of them with Maxis sidewalks I found somewhere on the internets. The idea for this neighborhood is to create a believable sleepy town in, maybe, an Americanized rural SimEngland that is facing hardships due to recent real estate interests. There is still much to do before it gets that final HarVee touch, such as I need to still add utility poles.

Lab Assistant
#704 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 8:53 AM
@HarVee omg what, you *just* started that neighbourhood?! It'd take me weeks just to decide/plan the town layout as nicely as you did :D
Mad Poster
#705 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 5:11 PM
@HarVee -I'm also setting up my TOT challenge town as I didn't have time to do live play in my BACC game.
Here's Riverdale from my TOT and apocalypse challenge game.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#706 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 3:23 AM Last edited by HarVee : 29th Nov 2020 at 4:18 AM.
Looking good @TadOlson

Been playing a bit of GTA4 again, so Cutley has been urbanizing fast taking inspiration from NYC. Many of the older residents are in fear that their homes will get demolished.

Mad Poster
#707 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 6:32 AM
@HarVee -I've just begun to set that town up and it's just basics going on those two lots before my first colonists arrive to start settling in and testing out the land to see if they could survive a winter there in hopes of establishing a new colony there in the 16th century.It's first settlers arrive in the spring of 1520 and have to get their home built and the service center also needs a building before winter.
Mad Poster
#708 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 7:36 AM
What CC do you use for a 1500s playthrough?

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#709 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 9:58 AM
Lab Assistant
#710 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 3:23 PM
Playing around with the idea of a run-down post-apocalyptic neighborhood

Edit: if anyone has any suggestions for more urban/building deco, I'd love to hear it!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#711 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 6:05 PM

The Pitt finds its first settler
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#712 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 11:49 PM
I use a lot of MedevelSims content because it's great for any kind of old fasioned setting where a town is being established like my BACC in Dodge set in the old west of the 1840's and for my Pleasanview Epic Challenge set in the 17th century colonial era of North America.
Lab Assistant
#713 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 10:51 AM
The Pitt is slowly rebuilding civilisation within the abandoned city walls. A friendly independent faction has taken control of a local supermarket, and a market place has opened up

Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#714 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 11:57 AM
@Morrowindnostalgia I love that neighbourhood! i am glad that cats have survived.
Lab Assistant
#715 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@Morrowindnostalgia I love that neighbourhood! i am glad that cats have survived.

@simsample: Cats are natural survivors haha. And thank you!! I'm having a lot of fun so far. It's my first time working on a city (vs a small town neighborhood), so it's been interesting.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#716 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 12:47 PM
Lab Assistant
#717 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 7:56 AM
OK last post for now, promise. Don't wanna spam this thread but also really excited to show off the junkyard district

Edit: also @simsample: I hear the Pirates of the Carribean soundtrack when I see your image lol

Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#718 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 7:08 PM
Lacuna Delta:

Saskion Prime:
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#719 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 10:24 AM

Tiny house at the end of the rainbow :lovestruc

Mad Poster
#720 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 1:48 PM
I've got terrains from two newly installed maps I was testing out earlier today.The first was a recentl uploaded Riverview City and the other was called Blackwell Valley and it's a much older terrain upload on this site.
@Simsample -I would recomment Riverview City as a great new town though I went with the terrain since that can be used as a main town or as any kind of district in any other town.I've only got the terrain map of that upload and can use as a shopping district,downtown,vacation spot, or a campus.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#721 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 9:05 PM
I made this neighborhood ... it's a shame that my computer does not support the monster that it created itself haha
Mad Poster
#722 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 3:29 PM
Just a street from Old Town, made possible by some cool hood deco. The only "real" building is the one in the right foreground (left pic), a community lot. I should add some hood fencing for those loose cows and horses
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#723 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Henrique TDB
I made this neighborhood ... it's a shame that my computer does not support the monster that it created itself haha

can I know what terrain you used?
Mad Poster
#724 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shotshotshotshot
can I know what terrain you used?

It looks like a version of Veronaville with the riverbanks flattened. Possibly something like this one by Marka93? The screenshot in the post above appears to be mirrored (flipped) though, so the canal/river bends in the opposite direction.

https://modthesims.info/d/521868/th...eronaville.html
Test Subject
#725 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 10:05 AM
I'm in the process of making the neighborhood :D
Screenshots
Page 29 of 35