Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#201 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ruthschoenb
Does anyone hate the fact that you can't interact with other Sims that you have created in your community. They are all separate games that are saved off and I think that sucks. I liked seeing my other Sims.

Thanks

I haven't bought mine yet. So is this true, a player cannot interact with the other sims a player has created???
Advertisement
Scholar
#202 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 1:55 AM
It's not true, the original poster probably doesn't know about Edit Town. (You must use "Edit Town" to switch active family.) It's pretty easy to create a new town entirely when you think you're making a new family.
Lab Assistant
#203 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thrior
You know what's funny... the more I see TS3 pictures in the picture sections, the less I want to buy it. I have like totally lost my interest towards it. It really doesn't look like it could offer me anything worth the effort of starting all over again so I just can't bring myself to bother. There was this short period of time when I actually started to get interested but then... BAM!... the end.
If there's not going to be something totally mindblowingly awesome in the Eps or something, I highly doubt I'll ever buy it.

OMG, even Thrior agrees! I'm so happy there are people who doesn't care about TS3. Let's stick with our beloved TS2 forever 8D
Lab Assistant
#204 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 7:36 PM Last edited by woodenbear : 10th Jun 2009 at 9:58 PM.
So far I find it totally boring and a yawner. I really think Sims 3 should of been sims two as it reminds me of Sim City 4 with some sims 2 game thrown in. You get one open neighnourhood to play in, no real downtown area, most commercial stores you can't even go in, the characters are very cartoonish, the cloths look like they are all made of vinyl, and the game is slow paced. Building houses is easier or about the same as we can see by the downloads section. I have put this game away untill something good like a patch or some real modding happens. After colouring twenty shirts and building a couple of houses I am bored. One thing good about the game is with sims 2 I was afraid to leave the game run while I went to get something to eat in case my character caught fire or something, This game I went to the store and left it running for about 30 mins and my character was still reading a book, talk about a slow game.//
Out of ten I give it a 6

"In the game of Life". It is better to aim at something and risk a miss, than it is to aim at nothing and hit.
Test Subject
#205 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 11:24 PM
Camera Movement
I don't know if anyone's found this yet or mentioned it here... but to

TrillianRikku

You can have edge scrolling with your mouse if you go into the options and look around for it. There's a check box that you have to check in order to enable edge scrolling. I hated having to use WASD to move around the camera too so I started digging through the options to see and I found it! Just look closely through the options and you should find it.

:p
Theorist
#206 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Crystaltears83
I don't know if anyone's found this yet or mentioned it here... but to

TrillianRikku

You can have edge scrolling with your mouse if you go into the options and look around for it. There's a check box that you have to check in order to enable edge scrolling. I hated having to use WASD to move around the camera too so I started digging through the options to see and I found it! Just look closely through the options and you should find it.

:p

This has helped game navigation some but the play just 'feels wrong' and clunky to me...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#207 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 11:31 PM
I know. I bought it the day it came out and I still haven't gotten to play it for more than a couple hours because my sims are neat and they keep trying to clean out the bad food from the refrigerator and every time they do my game freezes and I have to totally reboot the computer. I can't even ctr+alt+del and close the process. I'm so upset about this. It's been out over a week now and they still haven't released a fix for this issue? Geez. Seems like that's something EA would need to fix quickly because the more days we can't play, the more people we tell DON'T BUY IT-- You can't even PLAY it!! :/
Field Researcher
#208 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 2:15 AM
I think sims3 is a game with lots of potential, But i agree a lot of content has been stripped down, that kinda make it feel some what incomplete to me.

For those of you who don't know yet, there is already a mod out now for the face sliders, so we should soon start to see some unique looking Sims.

there seems to be a lot going on in the town, even if some of it doesn't really make sense to me.

i also like the way i can explore the town, there seems to be a lot of hidden details to see, if you can find them.

build mode is darn near perfect, but again it too is stripped down,

and i agree i don't like the rabbit holes, i want to see what my Sims do when they go
in to a building.

Over all it's a good game but Sims2 has spoiled me rotten c.c wise.

oh did i say Sims3 has been stripped down?
Test Subject
#209 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sisaly
Well, at least you guys can play!!!

I get the Disc Authentication Error. I tried bypassing the launcher to no avail. I guess I get to wait for the patch.

I think the game looks great and am miffed, to be nice, that something that huge didn't get fixed with all the extra time EA had.

*goes back to looking at everyone else's pics*

I have been playing my game no problem and then today this Error shows up and I cannot play. I'm on a Mac and I've ejected my external hard drive. It still comes up with this message.
Field Researcher
#210 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
This has helped game navigation some but the play just 'feels wrong' and clunky to me...

It is very 'clunky'! I don't like, and it makes taking pics very hard. I just downloaded aikea guinea's camera mod, I'm thinking it'll make taking pics easier, and less clunky.
Lab Assistant
#211 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 8:29 AM
I wonder if EA didn't really sweat it so much because they knew that the mod community will create hacks for some of the complaints anyway which will raise the popularity of the game and people will be more willing to buy expansion packs and stuff packs.

I don't have the game and won't but it for a while, I still haven't completed my Sims 2 Expansion and stuff packs so I'll be Sim3-ing in about 3 years time :D
Instructor
#212 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HaphazardSim
I wonder if EA didn't really sweat it so much because they knew that the mod community will create hacks for some of the complaints anyway which will raise the popularity of the game and people will be more willing to buy expansion packs and stuff packs.

I don't have the game and won't but it for a while, I still haven't completed my Sims 2 Expansion and stuff packs so I'll be Sim3-ing in about 3 years time :D

If they were dependent on that they would have made the game easier to mod. I think they want modders out of the picture so they can get extra money for microtransactions in their cash shop.
Mad Poster
#213 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 8:51 AM
They left out the diving board, the horror XD

Some of the comparisons why people choose to stay with the sim 2 are realy valid and understandable, but when your world start's to revolve around not having object X in game, it gets a bit too funny to read.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#214 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 1:38 PM
Locked, as we have this thread stickied: Official TS3 Opinions, Reviews, Likes and Dislikes Thread

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Please see stickied thread.
Page 9 of 9