Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:07 PM
Default Are the sims 3 creators being lazy?
Do you think they're being lazy? I think so,they lack animations like the car actually pulling out of the driveway and when you get a police car at the lieutenant stage,you should be able to turn the sirens on,another lack of animation.They should also never had rabbit holes,let them see inside their workplaces.I don't know about the baby thing but that might be one too.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:35 PM
WHen you get your own police car you can turn on the siren. The work places i agree with rabbit holes suck. and the car not pulling out of the drive way is becuase the drive way can now be place anywhere and everywhere so you cant always pull onto a street.

The Eclipse Forum Network

Check out the new Friday's Video game Forum!
http://fridaysforum.myfastforum.org
Field Researcher
#3 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:42 PM
I'm actually happy with the cars porting and the rabbit holes. I really don't know that it would be very enjoyable to watch my sims at work. It would probably only be an animation loop anyway. I play larger families, rabbitholes are a great place to send my sims so I don't have to be babysitting them while I'm doing something with one of my other sims. I'm probably in the quiet minority on this though...
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:48 PM
Babies hardly move at all, and their 'wrapping' cannot be recolored. They somehow managed to not notice that they released the game with the story progression toggle broken, and took weeks to do anything about it- much longer than modders, who do not have a full-time job working on improving the game like they do. There are the aforementioned rabbit holes, which you cannot even change or modify to suit your neighborhood. I think it's safe to say that there are many legitimate complaints against TS3. It simply doesn't have the draw or appeal base TS2 did; I remember when I first got TS2, I couldn't stop playing it. In TS3, I can't stop trying to fix it in order to make it playable. It's terrible, in that regard.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aree
I'm actually happy with the cars porting and the rabbit holes. I really don't know that it would be very enjoyable to watch my sims at work. It would probably only be an animation loop anyway. I play larger families, rabbitholes are a great place to send my sims so I don't have to be babysitting them while I'm doing something with one of my other sims. I'm probably in the quiet minority on this though...

You don't have to baby sit them. I just send my sims to central park so they use the opportunity to read yet again about the adventures of Grant the Farmer.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 9:38 PM Last edited by 917893678251 : 7th Jul 2009 at 7:33 PM. Reason: just noticed this
Quote: Originally posted by Dafoe2029
WHen you get your own police car you can turn on the siren. The work places i agree with rabbit holes suck. and the car not pulling out of the drive way is becuase the drive way can now be place anywhere and everywhere so you cant always pull onto a street.

You can turn on siren only when you're driving omg!
Alchemist
#7 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aree

I'm in that minority with you. You are not alone
Forum Resident
#8 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Geno
Babies hardly move at all, and their 'wrapping' cannot be recolored. They somehow managed to not notice that they released the game with the story progression toggle broken, and took weeks to do anything about it- much longer than modders, who do not have a full-time job working on improving the game like they do. There are the aforementioned rabbit holes, which you cannot even change or modify to suit your neighborhood. I think it's safe to say that there are many legitimate complaints against TS3. It simply doesn't have the draw or appeal base TS2 did; I remember when I first got TS2, I couldn't stop playing it. In TS3, I can't stop trying to fix it in order to make it playable. It's terrible, in that regard.

I agree with everything here... I played The Sims 2 from the day it was released untill the day TS3 was lanched, and I never felt the need to mod anything on it, apart from your regular thousands of custom content. The Sims 3 was just released and I find mylself having to look for a bunch of different mods just to adjust the game.

I do like a lot how work is handled and I don't mind this kind of rabbit holes. But the restaurants, movies, bookstore and marketplaces being some of them is just unacceptable.

And the cars could be handled better too. They could transport AFTER the sims entered it, I like little details such as opening the doors. Not too mention they are basically useless, since taxi is free and just appears on your door right away.

With the seemless neighbourghood, you do have the option to just walk to the lot you want to go if you don't want to spend money on the cab, until you can buy your car. It would be a cool feature.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
I agree with everything here... I played The Sims 2 from the day it was released untill the day TS3 was lanched, and I never felt the need to mod anything on it, apart from your regular thousands of custom content. The Sims 3 was just released and I find mylself having to look for a bunch of different mods just to adjust the game.

I do like a lot how work is handled and I don't mind this kind of rabbit holes. But the restaurants, movies, bookstore and marketplaces being some of them is just unacceptable.

And the cars could be handled better too. They could transport AFTER the sims entered it, I like little details such as opening the doors. Not too mention they are basically useless, since taxi is free and just appears on your door right away.

With the seemless neighbourghood, you do have the option to just walk to the lot you want to go if you don't want to spend money on the cab, until you can buy your car. It would be a cool feature.
I left the car opening doors part out.I liked that too.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 10:51 PM
I like having no animations for the car because it means you can stick a garage or a car anywhere on the lot really easily. I also like some of the rabbit holes because I just don't want to watch my sims sit at a desk in work or at school. I don't care about my receptionist sim sitting there answering a phone all day. I don't care about my athlete sims running around a track or playing whatever sport they play. I really don't.

I do think that the book store and the market should be opened up, though. A Sims 2 system would work just fine like they did it for clothes etc before.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 10:51 PM
One word. YES. It's extreme laziness. As mentioned earlier, the rabbit holes, repetitive Sims 2 animations, lack of hair -- overall it's very lazy on their part to make HALF a damn game then charge us an arm and a leg for it.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 11:28 PM
YEa- They're being a teensy bit lazy.
And, putting all of the good hair for SALE?
That's just rediculous.
They're just taking our money for that- like we're feeding it to them...
They could have added more things, like shopping malls you can go in, and ESCALATORS!
Yes.
Speaking of the mall, I may want to try to make one.. SOME HOW!~
I'll find a way... Maybe.
xD
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 12:02 AM
I'm not sure what went on during the making of this game, but I have to imagine at one point work stopped or they lost programmers. They were absolutely right to delay the game the first time and honestly it probably should have been delayed again. This game has no polishing and is BUGGY. Oh and we take a giant step back in build mode.

I still play this game a decent amount but really only because the sims 2 engine drives me nuts (loading, slowdowns, all on a pretty top of the line rig).
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 12:17 AM
I'm more inclined to believe most of the things people complain about were caused by pushing schedules/reducing staff on the publishing/business end of things rather than laziness on the part of the people who actually developed the game, but that's just my wholly unsupported, speculative opinion.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 12:21 AM
Well, yeah, I know they lost programmers.
EA is a big corporation, though.
Couldn't they have offered them a raise to come back?
( Just saying.)
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 12:23 AM
That's not what EA does though. They hire programmers straight out of school and work them super hard with no compensation until they are entirely burned out. Then they get new programmers.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 12:25 AM
Oh my gee!
That's sooo cruel!
I wouldn't ever work under that.
That kind of thing shouldn't be allowed..
( But I'm going into architechture, not Programming...)
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 917893678251
Do you think they're being lazy? I think so,they lack animations like the car actually pulling out of the driveway and when you get a police car at the lieutenant stage,you should be able to turn the sirens on,another lack of animation.They should also never had rabbit holes,let them see inside their workplaces.I don't know about the baby thing but that might be one too.

That's EA for ya.
JUST enough content to convince you to buy, and not much more.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 1:42 AM
I really don't understand why EA is always the first to blame. They cut out animations so that the game will run on crappy little computers. When the population upgrades, EA will upgrade.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DaBoogadie
I really don't understand why EA is always the first to blame. They cut out animations so that the game will run on crappy little computers. When the population upgrades, EA will upgrade.

They're the first to blame because they uh...? They made the game? TS2 didn't play on my computer and I bought it on the day of release, I had to wait two years before I could properly play the game. I don't understand why I have to 'suffer' because of other people's computer. I mean, they have those graphical options for a reason.

Personally I just think that's a cop out for EA being lazy and greedy. It's sad that The Sims franchise had to fall into their hands.
Banned
#21 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 2:09 AM
With some things, I think the animators were being lazy. I could care less about the rabbit holes, though. Who really wants to watch their sims work? How boring.

Quote: Originally posted by 917893678251
I saw the video but it's so gay that I can't even try to animate it.

Please don't use 'gay' as an insult... I find that particularly offensive. :/
Instructor
#22 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 2:11 AM
I'm not sure if I believe they are lazy as much as EA milking. When you play you find all kinds of things that were started and abandoned. This same thing happened with TS2. EA realizes after a programmer starts something, that hey wait, we can get more money if we wait and put that in a later EP.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 2:13 AM
we can get more money if we wait and put that in a later EP.
-
I know!
That gets me so mad!
It's like, 'CHEAPOS!' >:[
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by starved4pizza
With some things, I think the animators were being lazy. I could care less about the rabbit holes, though. Who really wants to watch their sims work? How boring.

Please don't use 'gay' as an insult... I find that particularly offensive. :/

You know, you really shouldn't say something's gay when you mean it's bad or stupid. It's insulting. What if every time I thought something was stupid I said "That is so guy with a long, intelligible, user name. Ugh."

Sorry XD I love that PSA. Good catch starved4pizza.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 8:29 AM
I wish that we could see inside the bookstore and the supermarket and stuff but I don't really want to see my sims work. I agree with the fact that they are just trying to get more money and milk the game for all it's worth but if they get too greedy people are going to stop buying the game. Correction, if they go any farther past too greedy then people are going to stop buying the game. However, I think they were being lazy when they missed the fact that story progression doesn't turn off! Either that, or they did know that it didn't work and they were just too lazy to fix it.
Page 1 of 3