Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 4:17 PM
Default What are some things that you DO miss from TS2?
I saw a thread on what you DON'T miss, so I made this. :P

I miss the family interactions, like kissing my children. I can't even HUG my kid until we're best friends. D:

After you woo-hoo, you don't go to sleep. They sit on the bed and talk, even if they are on the verge of collasping.

HOT TUBS!

Most of the jobs, like the dancing career and natural science.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 5:13 PM
Slow dancing, pets, really good custom content, decent hair, supernatural characters, weather, the ability to make custom neighborhoods, awesome clothes variety (even though I do love the thigh high boots in Sims 3!)...that's all I can think of now.

oh, and the variety of careers!

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Alchemist
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 5:28 PM
Pets and weather
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 5:36 PM
I also miss being able to ask my neighbors if they can watch my kids. I mean, the nanny sucks!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 5:38 PM
I can't believe it but I miss the babysitters...

The Sims3 babysitters are even WAY more useless than the grannies in Sims 2.

Oh, and I still miss wine-making from Sims 1. I thought they'd bring that back eventually.
Theorist
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 5:43 PM
I guess I flubbed up something in my game because I had 2 sims break up, chose the husband as the active sim and the woman 'supposedly' moved out but I cannot find her or her house.

In Sims 2 if someone moved out they went to the family bin. In this game they disappear into cyberspace?? ) Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm annoyed because she as more interesting...he was dull and I wound up getting annoyed and deleting everyone in my games.

I miss the simple, uncomplicated game play of Sims 2.

Also my mouse/zooming in is messed up and annoyingly glitchy. (is there a fix for this?)

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:07 PM
Hair for sure. What's a guy gotta do for a decent clean cut hairstyle?

Interactions with the kids, all the cars that I had with CC (CC in general), different places to WooHoo, and not just having 2 ways to kiss.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:21 PM
Uhm...The only things that i would be missing if gettin back to TS2 are CAStyle and CAS whit the traits system.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:30 PM
bodyshop...

Life is random - expect the unexpected!
Sims 3 Creations
Theorist
#10 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:34 PM
Child to toddler interactions. That really, really bugs me. As it is, the only way they can interact is with the block table.

No required tons of romantic interactions before woohoo.

Real, live community lots and night life. Streets roll up at 10 p.m. or even earlier because the other Sims *gasp* actually have to go to bed.

I'm sure there are a few more things but I can't think of them at the moment and so far they haven't been nearly enough to make me want to actually play TS2.
Test Subject
#11 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:39 PM
Great custom hair, clothing, and skintones, of course (though that is being fixed, thankfully), supernatural characters such as witches and vampires, the ability to actually DATE, being able to see inside restaurants, going clubbing, non-creepy looking children, no blue or pink larvae, sims without overly round faces, and the ability to customize my neighborhood. The lack of neighborhood customization is seriously starting to get on my nerves! I've downloaded so many nice houses, but I don't really have places to put them!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 7:26 PM
I really miss my piano right now. I have a sim who is based off of a famous Japanese singer who plays the piano in every single song she sings. It's irritating that she has to play the guitar to reach fame instead of her signature instrument.

I know that some of this stuff isn't from TS2 base game, but this is what I miss overall:

- Clubs/Restaurants
- University
- Pets
- Cooler cars (I liked the sports car)
- The exercise sphere
- Real career rewards
- More time in the day
- Weather
- Dating
- Hot tubs (seriously why weren't these in base game)
- Ice/Skating rinks
- Custom Skin Tones

The voices in my head say you're the weird one.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 8:19 PM Last edited by ani_ : 22nd Jul 2009 at 8:32 PM.
I miss the ability to have interactions with people when you sit. The one major, almost only, thing that's really bugging me is that if you are sitting, you can't interacti with anyboyd, you cannot even que an action. Or if you have your toddler in the high chair, you HAVE to pick them up before you get an interaction to take them to the potty.

I miss the strong reaction people had when finding their partners cheating, I find getting upset from finding your spouce in a liplock with some other person a bit too mellow.
Theorist
#14 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 9:05 PM
I am thinking it's not quite right to list missing custom content, since that isn't something included with TS2.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 9:19 PM
Everything I can think of, besides maybe hot tubs, is from expansion packs and CC, although I could say the ease of mixing what would now be called core mods.

Right now the only two really sophisticated core mods can be used together due to some great cooperation between their makers, but the core mod limitations might prevent a lot of CC in the future such as custom careers, which were quite easy to make in TS2.

I'd say things like the attraction system (so you could like someone a lot, but only in a platonic sense and have no desire for more even though they were the gender your sim preferred), college life, etc., but it isn't fair to TS3 as those were all in expansion packs.
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 9:24 PM
My old custom content, the old hair, and the pictures when changing the face that showed you what you where changing.
Scholar
#17 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 9:44 PM
The lighting. How am I ever supposed to do contests with bruised faces?

Bodyshop

Neighborhoods and the ability to make them and have more than one.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Banned
#18 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 10:15 PM
Body shop, mostly.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 2:08 AM
BASE TS2? Not much. However, I would have thought that if they had cars in Free Time where you can repair it and give it a body job, they'd have similar functionality in TS3. I also miss Servo (You may have seen me say that before. ) from OFB.
Test Subject
#20 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 2:37 AM
A lot of the interactions are gone, which makes me sad. I miss vampires terribly. I also miss the ability to go to college and lure sims into being eaten by the cow plants. I really hope that if/when the nightlife expansion comes out for TS3, they allow you to go into the restaurants and buildings because otherwise it's going to be a really, really hollow game and extremely difficult to have dates.

I also miss the great range of expressions they had in TS2- TS3 sims are too realistic for my taste. I loved how exaggerated they were when they were scared, being abducted, or just trying to figure out what piece to move next in a game of chess.

I simply can't finish my rant without adding, I miss the variety and number of objects, hairstyles, and clothes we had in TS2. Gods, do I miss that.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#21 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 3:19 AM
I miss everything baby through child, from their appearance to their interactions. Except reading to a toddler, which in TS3 is superior in every way.

I miss the camera control from Sims 2. I cannot master mouse-controlled, eye-level play in TS3. It drains all the fun out of the game for me.

I miss chemistry, or any sign that a Sim might prefer one Sim romantically over another. I miss dates. I miss craftables. I miss the playfully magical reward items, both aspiration and career.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 3:40 AM
Bodyshop for the preview with "ingame" reloading of textures without having to restart the program/game.

something I miss from base TS2? I dunno, really do not remember that base game anymore.

Many of the things I miss are from later EPs (mostly bits and pieces here and there) and in particulary: custom stuff! But it will come! Custom stuff has just begun rolling! First non default replacement hair just came! yay!

My username here is sweetichigodream, but I am better known as Helena and/or Funny Bunny! :) would love to change username...
Scholar
#23 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:03 AM
Of course I miss a bunch of things from the expansions and cc and such, but I won't count them here since it's only fair to compare base game to base game.

I miss the casual socializing the most. It annoys me that the Sims don't really talk when they eat together (even if you have a hack to make them eat slower) or greet each other when they return home or the maid arrives. Also, there don't seem to be many interactions they can do while seated. In general, they just don't seem to gain any relationship from playing chess or video games or doing activities together. I feel like we have gone back to the "I must stand in the middle of the room and talk for hours to make a friend" ways of Sims 1. If it weren't for socializing at work and playing the guitar, most of my Sims would have no friends. Besides the awful pathing, it's the thing that disappoints me the most about Sims 3 (which I really like, overall).

I also miss the piano, a normal coffee maker and the hot tub (I think that came in the base game).

I still miss some stuff from the Sims 1 base game too, like the canning station, the gnome-making bench, the potion making thingy and the costume trunk.
Alchemist
#24 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 6:58 AM
THE PIANO!!!! i was so disappointed when there was no piano in the game

Otherwise, from the basegame... not a lot

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Theorist
#25 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 7:11 AM
Again, I can only participate by substituting my Sims 1 experience. What I miss from The Sims 1, particularly Hot Date, is that I brought my date to a restaurant were we actually ordered food and a waiter brought us our food and was nice to us, then we danced a and ended the night with a good score ( by score I mean rating for the date ).

This is all gone in The Sims 3, replaced by an outrageously uncreative progress meter. This takes the game in a new direction. Straight down, actually.
Page 1 of 10