Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 3:23 PM
Default *sigh* Vampires...
I usually restrict this to my own mind; but it's good to share. :P

Everytime I look at my World Adventures disc I sigh. I sigh and think "Gah, when will they add Vampires again?". It's quite sad really because it *does* ruin any real chance of me enjoying the game for what it is longterm.

It's kind of sad when I realise the number one thing I miss from the Sims 2 (aside from memories that that you could look through as a chronicle of a Sims life) is the immortal Vampire's.

My favorite way to play the Sims was to create my to-be-Vampire and play out the story of how he fell under the curse. Then I would play him as the world passed and those he had known aged and died. Watching entire families change and die out over generations while time never touched him.

Sims 3 is the perfect format for that scenario. You could even pretty easily walk the night with the open world.

Hell, I want to build an underground Vault of all the treasure I could collect on said-Vampire over generations. xD

I r want my Vampires back! :P
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 3:27 PM
Nothing stopping you from roleplaying it though.

Make your "vampire" sim. Download vampire fangs. Use the blue skintone in the lightest shade to make him look ghostly. Give him a "helper" - an Igor. Igor tends to the castle during the day, and grows Life Fruit for hith Mathther and prepares Ambrosia. Nobody but the vampire gets to eat Ambrosia - Igor might be allowed to eat a Life Fruit now and then. Keep the vampire inside during the day - run for cover as soon as dawn approaches. Dress him in black, give him traits that make sense, and viola, instant vampire - and less cheesy than the TS2 smurfs. :P

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 3:35 PM
I didn't play vamps that much in TS2 but I did have a house of them. I really like the way you story-plan for yours and agree that they could be utilised so much better in TS3, particularly with the whole NH aging at the same time. It would be more realistic (as realistic as mythical creatures can be). The Goth's house in SV would be perfect for them. It's big and gloomy and overlooks the graveyard. You could make a town full of just vamps, it would be like Salem's Lot.

The supernatural sims I really miss are plantsims and witches. They were my favourites and so much fun. My witch got burgled so I used her powers to summon the burglar to her flat, made him act like a chicken, throw up, get fat and miserable, and then sent him back. Sweet revenge. Plantsims were so easy to take of care, they only had three needs.
Banned
#4 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 5:48 PM
The Sims 2 Vampires were TERRIBLE. Admittedly I only ever tried one, like, last year, but god they were horrible. They'd go pay the bills and get the news paper in the middle of the day, they'd freak out if the house even had windows, they'd never sleep through the day like sims sleep through the night, and ultimately there was no purpose to them. They were just grey sims who went "bleh" and cried when in the sun. There wasn't antyhing about them worth having.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
The Sims 2 Vampires were TERRIBLE. Admittedly I only ever tried one, like, last year, but god they were horrible. They'd go pay the bills and get the news paper in the middle of the day, they'd freak out if the house even had windows, they'd never sleep through the day like sims sleep through the night, and ultimately there was no purpose to them. They were just grey sims who went "bleh" and cried when in the sun. There wasn't antyhing about them worth having.

Quoted for truth.

Also, they were BLUE.
#6 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 6:12 PM
Immortality. WithOUT the Green Goo of Life. My Vampyres *usually* sleep through the day.

You should try a Vampyre PlantSim, though. I have at least two. Instead of sleeping all day, they have to BATHE most of the day. `Course, mine live in WALL-WINDOW houses. They`d do better in a windowless environment.

...or a Vampyre Servo! I have a Vampyre Servo Witch home-business owner. Never needs recharging at night, operates fine indoors daytime without windows, never gets enervated by selling, and only needs a very few Sim hours in the coffin to fully recharge from even the deepest discharge.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 6:48 PM
Mod for vampires to satisfy their hunger with blood (using the bite animation without turning the victim into a vampire) + mod for being able to kill the victim + mod that allows vampires to make ghouls that will always obey them + default replacement for the skin overlay = great vampires for a teen rating.

Aaand I can live with the cheesy animation, being a fan of the old horror movies. Not to mention there must be a mod around that stops them. My biggest complaint with all the TS2 creatures is that the normal sims still interact with them the same old way. Unfortunately, so far in TS3 it seems the problem continues. It's a mummy coming down the street, why the hell isn't everyone running?

You want to know the Secret... so did I. Low in the dust I sought it, and on high. No agony of any mortal brain shall wrest the secret of the life of man. The Search has taught me that the Search is vain.
#8 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 6:50 PM
...because they can WALK faster than the mummy can?

Banned
#9 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 6:53 PM
Sims are well aware of their surroundings, I'm sure they understand the difference between a feral and "civilized" mummy. Much like how they aren't terrified of aliens or particularly adverse to ghosts. These things are everyday forms of life in their world.
#10 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 6:53 PM
Well-put, Claeric!

Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 7:25 PM
I miss the 'fly here' interaction. I used to LOVE that. Watch them turn into a bat and fly over to the whole lot :P

Also, you could download Buzz's Aging manager, it allows you to cancel a individual sims/household's aging via the $300 mirror (the modern one that came with the base game). It works perfect for me Latest patch as well.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#12 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 8:13 PM
My Sims seem adverse to ghosts. When I try to have them chat up spirits in the graveyard, they periodically perform a "disgusted" reaction (like the TS2 reaction to someone belching at the table). Although I prefer the more comical fainting reaction of Sims with the coward trait, a little of that does go a long way...which is also the way I feel about the TS2 vampires. I can't take vampires seriously, so their stalk-and-bleh suits me in small doses. And I like their tendency to walk about in daylight because I always want more challenge/risk in my game.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 9:09 PM
I miss the vampires, but I miss the witches the most. Like you, I feel that the lack of supernatural sims kinda ruins my chances of really enjoying the game (I don't play with the ghosts or the mummies or the stupid ghost mummies). I hate the fact that the magical eps always came out last! I never really got to enjoy them because the next big Sims game was always coming out. I had this one good witch that knew a few of the bad spells, and some guy knocked over her trashcan for no reason, so she summoned a swarm of bees to chase him around the lot while she stood there and did that good witch animation where she'd clasp her two hands together and look like a complete goody-two-shoes! Good times, good times

But man, the open neighborhood would be GREAT for vampires. Turning into a bat and flying around would be kickass!

As for the "Bleh BLEH!" stuff, I was kinda a fan. It was the good kind of cheesy in my opinion. I don't like my vamps to be too serious No blue skins though. That was too much.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 8:14 AM
I just miss Nightlife so badly. The vampires are a big part of it, to be sure, but there are other things: the chemistry, the dating, the greater amount of romantic socials...*sigh* I'm so disappointed we're not getting that EP next. Hobbies was fine, but Nightlife was the best.

I hope they continue to give us our supernatural creatures, though--although I can't remember which one came with hobbies! To be honest, all I really remember from hobbies was the ballet dancing. That was my favorite part.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#15 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 10:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tairourou
I just miss Nightlife so badly. The vampires are a big part of it, to be sure, but there are other things: the chemistry, the dating, the greater amount of romantic socials...*sigh* I'm so disappointed we're not getting that EP next. Hobbies was fine, but Nightlife was the best.
The chemistry thing is sort of still there, just not explicitly stated. Much the arbitrary stuff that made up chemistry, however, no longer exists in TS3. The primary determinants of chemistry in TS2 were astrology, aspiration, and personality points. None of these things exist in TS3, having been rolled into the Traits system. Sims, however, already have a "trait compatibility" response that provides the same limited functionality that chemistry gave. Thus, it basically already exists.

You're right that the socials in general a bit lacking. There's no more ASSGRABBING. It ruins the schtick of one of my TS2 peoples!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#16 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 6:52 PM
I think when people talk about missing chemistry, they specifically mean the bolts (and maybe the radiation effect when scoping a room) -- the outward signs to a player that SimA wants to grab SimB's ass more than SimC's ass.

obOnTopic: Bleh!
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric

I totally agree with this. And there were hardly any jobs they could do at night (at least now they could collect to make money), and they could never raise children because they were always getting up to look after them, and they always ruined birthday parties. "yay it's little Jimmy's birthday. woooo. woooo. oh sh!t there's uncle Vlad frying in the corner".

I did like it when a sim would be sleeping in bed and a visiting vampire would autonomously come and stand over them in the dark waiting to bite them. But they never actually did it
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 12:05 AM
Quote:
Sims are well aware of their surroundings, I'm sure they understand the difference between a feral and "civilized" mummy. Much like how they aren't terrified of aliens or particularly adverse to ghosts. These things are everyday forms of life in their world.

Heck, your sims sound like intellectuals.

I must have gotten the drooling morons from the standard game - considering how many pathing errors, slow cooking times and so on, I'd be quite content to believe they just don't realize the thing shambling down the street isn't actually an unfortunate burn victim, but in fact a dried-up ambulatory corpse. Actually, now my sims sound like jerks, to boot. Not helping burn victims, that's just ... uncalled for. Really.

But back on the topic... or actually, GETTING to the topic... *ahem*

I tried vampires in Nightlife, they were fun for awhile, but really impractical. Sure, you got a coffin, and could fly as a bat, but the sun issue was poorly-managed, and the unfortunates were, as noted, usually not much more than fanged smurfs. Once I picked up a mod to make biting feed the Energy/Hunger Needs, and/or kill victims, that made it a lot more worthwhile. I'd love to see a vampire addition again... but it would have to actually add something more substantial than it did the last go-round. Until then, I'll continue roleplaying my own vampires without the 'official' version getting in the way.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Quoted for truth.

Also, they were BLUE.

I've got to add this: better blue than sparkling D:!
Banned
#20 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 2:47 AM
^ YES!

I adored vampires in Sims 2. Not the way they came, I changed quite a bit. If they used a prettier skin tone I wouldn't complain :D

I think that they should make options that you can adjust for the vampires. Let the players choose whether they want their vampires to burn up and die whilst in the sun. And for biting, there should be optoins to kill, turn, or no harm done.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 3:17 AM
I never really play with the monster side of any sim game, so i dont miss it, but i can see how others that DID play with them would. However if you remember the "monsters" were not in the base game of sims2 either, they introduced them with various expansions. They will probably do similar here, and in fact i am really lookinf forward to having my sims get "mummies curse" whenever it happens as it will be fun trying to fix it. I would love to see further ways to die get introduced. I didnt particularly like nightlife, except for the cars, which they have included in the basegame of sims2 i am really looking forward to the hobbies expansion (if that is what they do, is it certain now or still a rumour?)
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilOverlord
And for biting, there should be optoins to kill, turn, or no harm done.

Or turn on
Test Subject
#23 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 3:36 AM
Well you can download some fake fangs and gray/blue skin tones (from here) and the Chaos MOD painting and they will never die if you disable aging on just them (I have used it a few times, I set the game to "short" life span and shut off just my family (Who had over 40 kids) and so far the town has gone through at least 5 generations and now all the main families last names don't even exist anymore)
Banned
#24 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
Or turn on

new I forgot something House of night vampires would need that