Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 7:59 AM
Default Fourth Expansion Pack - "On The Ranch"
So I decided to check out Sims 3 on Wikipedia to see if any new announcements regarding expansion packs were made, and I found 'On The Ranch' slated for a May 2011 release.

Major additions include "Pets, Farm Animals, Larger Lot Sizes, New Careers, New Skills, New Traits, Height Slider, Home Schooling, Get Sick, New Cars, New Objects, New Clothing and Hairstyles, More Sims per Household". Oddly, when I follow the cited link to Sims3.com, I'm not getting to the desired page.

Anyway, if this is legit (and it sure looks to be), how happy are you?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 8:03 AM
We get one of these threads from time to time - it reminds me of that new trend in schools for making kids believe they are in some situation (the latest being World War 3 in one school) to get their imaginations working and get them writing about it afterwards.

Nevertheless, it makes an interesting discussion. Two packs I seriously think they should do are farming and amusement park. It would be great to lay out rollercoasters the sims could really go on!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#3 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 8:08 AM
Yay, yay, f*ckin' yay! I can't wait for it!!! I love you for giving me these news, I love youuuu!

Well, all of the above if this is true. If not... I hate you.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 8:16 AM
If it's legit, then I'm incredibly happy about it!

19 - Female - Australia
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 9:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
We get one of these threads from time to time - it reminds me of that new trend in schools for making kids believe they are in some situation (the latest being World War 3 in one school) to get their imaginations working and get them writing about it afterwards.
Haha, it definitely had me fooled.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 9:43 AM
If it's true, more than happy specially if on the ranch includes weather as well, but even without I'm very happy.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 9:48 AM
The wikipedia removed the information about on the ranch
Inventor
#8 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 10:07 AM
Awwww No farm animals for the downloadable ranch?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#9 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 10:33 AM
The info on Wikipedia for it was this:

Quote:
| '''''On the Ranch'''''<ref>{{cite web|url=http://www.thesims3.com/community/news.html?selMonth=6&selYear=2011#-2116514082 |title=

-
The Sims 3 On the Ranch Expansion Pack! |publisher=TheSims3.com |date=2011-01-20 |accessdate=2011-01-20}}</ref>

-
| [[The Sims Studio]]

-
| {{vgrelease|NA=May 23, 2011}} {{vgrelease|EU=May 25, 2011}}

-
| Pets, Farm Animals, Larger Lot Sizes, New Careers, New Skills, New Traits, Height Slider, Home Schooling, Get Sick, New Cars, New Objects, New Clothing and Hairstyles, More Sims per Household.

-
| Oakdale

-
|Rancher, Farmer, Gardener

-
| [[Warewolf]]

-
| By Getting Severely Sick, By Farm Animals Attacking

-
| [[Veterinarian]], [[Singer]], [[Auctioneer]]

-
|-

Since it's citing a page that does not (and cannot yet) exist on the TS3 site, I have a feeling it's all a bunch of hogwash. Pity, as I'd love a farming EP.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 11:01 AM
I discovered something interesting here.
It's saying:
"It appears as though the first bits of information for The Sims 3 Expansion #4 have started to leak. In a list of upcoming game, leaked from Walmart, The Sims 3 Expansion 4 is set for release on 10 May 2011. The list however does not contain any other information about the game, such as descriptions or titles.

The release list also contained other dates, including The Sims 3 Console on 3DS and The Sims Medieval, both set for release on 22 March 2011."

More info can be found here as well. It's a list, and at the bottom of the second list, you'll see 'Sims 3: Episode 4'. If it's from a list of Walmart, it must be true. I also saw that Portal 2 is on that list (and I would love to buy that game!! Zomg I'm like a Portal freak! xD) and the release date of that game is correct, so, I get the feeling that this might just be true.

EDIT: for those who just want to see the real pictures of the list, I just included the picture of the list that contained this EP leak text. If you would like to see the whole list, you can see it here.
Screenshots

"Broken people get recycled."
- Katie Melua -
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 11:37 AM
OMG, I cross my fingers for that expansion pack!

Though I have a hard time seeing how they could make height sliders, but none the less, I SO hope it's true!!

I've played farms, with downloaded animals since Sims 1, so I'm definately gonna be buying this
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#12 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 11:48 AM
MisaMii, I don't think there has ever been any doubt that there will be an EP released around that time

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#13 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 11:51 AM
Hmm I'm sceptical. When has an EP ever changed the 8 sims per household limit or the maximum lot size?
Theorist
#14 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 11:52 AM
Quote:
Pets, Farm Animals, Larger Lot Sizes, New Careers, New Skills, New Traits, Height Slider, Home Schooling, Get Sick, New Cars, New Objects, New Clothing and Hairstyles, More Sims per Household.

Yeah... it's really unlikely that EA will give us more then 8 sims in TS3 and I doubt they'd give us larger lots too. When an EP seems so perfect like this one it's pretty obviously fake...

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 11:59 AM
Well it could be fake, but at least there's an EP coming up, if you take a look at the list of Walmart. I only wish it would have mentioned a clearer name instead of 'Episode 4'. >.<
And I do hope that there'll be an EP with animals in it. I so badly want my lil' sweet fluffy honeypie kitty Dolce in game!

"Broken people get recycled."
- Katie Melua -
Mad Poster
#16 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 2:00 PM
Actually, home schooling would go well with a farming EP. And the bigger lot sizes would sort of make sense on a farm, though if you ask me the biggest one we have now is big enough.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 2:11 PM
Another thing that sounds extremely doubtful is the height slider.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 2:53 PM
If they had left off the more sims per household and the height slider, I might believe it. There is no way they will give us a height slider. All animations, such as sitting, kissing, etc., are tied to the animations. A slider would mean they would need huge numbers of animations. Yes, I know they do it in Second Life or whatever other game you might mention, but I really don't believe they would add something like this now rather than in the base game. Of course, I thought the boob slider was a joke...so one never knows.
Theorist
#19 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 3:34 PM
Hope its true. Its not how EA describe new features though, they jazz everything up instead of saying we'll have this, and that...

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
#20 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 4:18 PM Last edited by jay_envy : 21st Jan 2011 at 5:49 PM.
A farming EP is probably the last EP that I'd want, but if it comes with weather and dogs/cats... cool.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 4:34 PM
This would be awesome... but it probably isn't true... I mean this covers a lot of my complaints... So it is... too good to be true. And if it is true... it is gonna be hella bugged.

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Forum Resident
#22 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 4:38 PM
Werewolves!!! <-- in caps

Go suck an elf...
Scholar
#23 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 5:36 PM
I was going to point out that werewolves was incorrectly spelled, but then I remembered that EA can't spell for beans either.

I wish this were a true announcement because it's everything I could want in an EP. It's too good to be true, so it's almost certainly not. It is getting to be about time for them to make an announcement about the spring EP though, so I'm expecting something soon.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 5:47 PM
I just hope the next EP has weather. I don't care about anything else.
Theorist
#25 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
I just hope the next EP has weather. I don't care about anything else.

Ditto!! We need this so badly.
Page 1 of 9