Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2020 at 9:54 PM Last edited by aelflaed : 31st Dec 2020 at 9:49 PM. Reason: Solved
Default Object Intersection Not Working - solved
I am trying to modify an object (wall deco) so it can be placed over doorways, like a curtain, without MoveObjects. I've tried everything I can think of, and it won't place without the cheat.

I have added a line to the Init with person/object intersection.
I have grabbed the intersectable BHAV out of CurtainGlobals and added that.
I changed the Default Wall Adjacent Flags to 100 (because of comparing with another intersectable object; I don't understand what that 100 actually does)

Initially I thought I should change the Semiglobals entirely to Curtains, but it seemed adding to the existing BHAV would be better. I cloned an EA curtain for comparison, but it doesn't have its own BHAV at all, and I'm not sure how to swap SemiGlobals properly.

Can anyone see why this isn't working? Can I make it call curtain Semiglobals without remaking the object?
Screenshots

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 11:48 AM
It is probably initializing with [prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x003F (exclusive placement flags) Set Flag flag# Literal 0x0002 (wall)), that means that it must have exclusive use of the piece of wall and nothing else can be there, try adding a line to clear that flag to the 'Function Init'
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
It is probably initializing with [prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x003F (exclusive placement flags) Set Flag flag# Literal 0x0002 (wall)), that means that it must have exclusive use of the piece of wall and nothing else can be there, try adding a line to clear that flag to the 'Function Init'

Thanks, Chris, I will have a look tomorrow.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 9:48 PM
It worked! Thanks, Chris.