Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 8:04 PM Last edited by Kliekie : 18th Feb 2011 at 8:05 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention Milkshape
Default Milkshape: Freezing selection/group?
So right now I am making a trouser for adult females..
The base mesh is done and duplicated it for the special. Now I would like to duplicate and adjust it for the thin and fat morph.. Is there a way to freeze the original group so I can use it as reference without accidentally click it?
I know 3D Studio Max can but I don't think that's the right thing to do seeing all those bones which have to be reassigned after export/import. :D
I made a top in the past and then I just did it the show/hide way and hope it goes well but that's not ideal in my opinion :p
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 10:56 PM
Hi,

I have not gone into meshing clothing for TS3 yet. but if it was a TS2 mesh, the steps you describe are incorrect.

Take a look at these tutorials and follow the steps.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=392850
http://www.customsims3.com/smf/inde...pic,1348.0.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 8:54 AM
Thank you for your comment but that was not very helpful, I use TSRW and I know how to import/export, I just need to know if there is an option to freeze a group/selection without hiding it.
Scholar
#4 Old 20th Feb 2011 at 7:18 PM
Unfortunately I don't believe that you can do that with Milkshape. The reason it's possible with 3ds Max is probably because it costs about $3,500 more than milkshape,lol.

It would be very convenient, but you'll probably just have to go with the hide method. I'm not 100% sure about this, as I can be completely wrong, but I'm guessing it's most likely that you cant freeze groups.
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 12:36 AM
You could select all the vertices and hide them, that way the shape is still visible but cant be edited in anyway.

Just curious, why you need it as reference?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 12:30 PM
Hmm thats very dissapointing to hear

@ Fresh-Prince: When I use the Hide option the selection isn't visible anymore so not able to use it as reference.

@ BloomsBase: If I make the base mesh trouser wider I want to know how mush wider I made it exactly to match the fat base on it so things wont go too much out of proportions, when the sim gets fat the trousers need to be tight on the upper legs but the bottom needs to stay just as wide as when they are normal or thin. And using hide/show for every selection takes a lot of time.
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 1:18 PM
Ok, then hide the vertices only so the mesh is still visible
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
Ok, then hide the vertices only so the mesh is still visible

Ah that's what I was looking for! So far I only saw the hide group option butnow I see the Hide selection option. Thank you very much! :D