Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 7:16 AM
Default -Country Living's Pond tool-
My sister made a box-shaped pond and had a painful time using the water tool to add the water in that it either A. flooded the whole lot or B. just been a single square.

Has anyone else had this kind of trouble before with creating a pond in The Sims 4?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 7:53 AM
Have you checked the tutorials? I think I saw a good one on how to do ponds at Sims VIP? And there are probably videos out there by now also.
Instructor
#3 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 11:25 AM
The Pond Tool is part of the Patch that came for the Base game before Country Living came out so everybody got it.

That mystery object for it can get you abducted by aliens apparently,
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 6:07 PM
I don't think it was intended, but you can add water to rooms at the moment. So if your lot is surrounded by a fence and you click above ground level it can flood the entire area.
But other than that I didn't hear about any issues with ponds.

Tried it in my game out of curiosity and making a square pond works perfectly fine for me and I can add water at different levels without probelms.
Maybe you have some outdated mods that affect terrain tools? They updated terrain tools in general while adding the pond function.

I think checking out some tutorials, like Daisylee suggested above, is also a good idea. What I learned so far is that if the pond is too small/shallow the water doesnt look good or might behave in a weird way. Maybe try making the pong bigger/deeper?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lexylu
I don't think it was intended, but you can add water to rooms at the moment. So if your lot is surrounded by a fence and you click above ground level it can flood the entire area.
But other than that I didn't hear about any issues with ponds.

Tried it in my game out of curiosity and making a square pond works perfectly fine for me and I can add water at different levels without probelms.
Maybe you have some outdated mods that affect terrain tools? They updated terrain tools in general while adding the pond function.

I think checking out some tutorials, like Daisylee suggested above, is also a good idea. What I learned so far is that if the pond is too small/shallow the water doesnt look good or might behave in a weird way. Maybe try making the pong bigger/deeper?

My sister's lot was surrounded by a fence near the borders of the lot. She had the square-shaped pond near said edge too and like the whole lot was swamped in water.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MakinUnleashed
My sister's lot was surrounded by a fence near the borders of the lot. She had the square-shaped pond near said edge too and like the whole lot was swamped in water.

Try make an opening in the fence, the game might be confused. It's also important to do things in the right way. If you put up the fence around the lot first or after might make all the difference.

It should be fully possible to make a layered fountain like this. The windows are a bit odd though. Some works and some don't.

Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
The Pond Tool is part of the Patch that came for the Base game before Country Living came out so everybody got it.

That mystery object for it can get you abducted by aliens apparently,

Mystery object is that mysterious thing that looks like balls of light that you add into your pond yes?
Instructor
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MakinUnleashed
Mystery object is that mysterious thing that looks like balls of light that you add into your pond yes?

Yes, Somebody on the O.F. has already reported an abduction when their Sim approached it.

PS: Somebody mentioned in an above post that bees should be added to Country Living. They are in the Seasons pack so can easily be added to the farm if that pack is owned.

I found that ponds are easily made by using the land terrain tool to lower an area and filling to depth afterwards.