1 people viewing
Replies: 9363 (Who?), Viewed: 467528 times.
Page 375 of 375
Field Researcher
#9351 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 12:14 AM
A small bug. If you fulfill a want (say, one of the "buy X" wants) while a Sim is talking with the Therapist and that want increases the aspiration meter to the green, after the Sim is done with the Therapist the aspiration meter will drop back down to red as if the Sim was still in aspiration failure.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Test Subject
#9352 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 9:34 PM
Sims can roll a want to buy a green energy source. I've never seen it before, but a member of the Curious household has been rolling the want every couple of days on a consistent basis for the last few weeks. I think he's trying to set up a wind farm.
Field Researcher
#9353 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 11:10 PM
cosmaline, this happens in my games for years now. It's almost always the Knowledge sims who want a green energy source (and after I buy one, they wish for more) but sometimes it's the Fortune sims too, probably because the green energy source reduces the bills and if the family has bought a lot of them, they get refunds instead of paying bills. It's a very good feature...
Scholar
#9354 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 7:18 PM
I discovered that I quite like sending my Sims on dates these days. It helps that I noticed somewhere on an MTS thread recently that it's possible to see what the non-playable Sim wants to do, and that I finally realized a Sim can just end the date once it reaches Dream status. In the past, I thought I had to play through until the counter hit zero, and dates that had been going well tanked as my Sims got tired and cranky - which in turn made me tired and cranky.

There's still no hope for Chloe Curious, who can't seem to get along with anyone she isn't related to, but my LGU Romance Sims now have a chance to live their lives the way they want.
Lab Assistant
#9355 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 9:40 PM
Today I discovered that rotating floor tiles is a thing.
I opened my mouth and screamed internally.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#9356 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misaki Chan
Today I discovered that rotating floor tiles is a thing.
I opened my mouth and screamed internally.

And if you combine them with the quarter tile feature, you can make some novel patterns from the existing Maxis floors. This is made from the Maxis oak plank floor:
Screenshots

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Lab Assistant
#9357 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample

And if you combine them with the quarter tile feature, you can make some novel patterns from the existing Maxis floors. This is made from the Maxis oak plank floor

Looks awesome, what a good idea!
Scholar
#9358 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 11:40 AM
When you click to edit a sim in CAS, they disappear briefly from the photo studio screen :o because they're literally moved from the photo studio to the mirror room.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#9359 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 7:40 PM
Today I discovered that my game considers it cheating if you find your teenage son asleep in bed with your naked wife. Who is naked because she fell asleep after you woohoo'd with her earlier. Like yes, OK, it does look bad, but also, nothing actually happened. She just fell asleep naked and stepson innocently climbed into bed with her a few hours later.
Mad Poster
#9360 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 9:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushigal007
Today I discovered that my game considers it cheating if you find your teenage son asleep in bed with your naked wife. Who is naked because she fell asleep after you woohoo'd with her earlier. Like yes, OK, it does look bad, but also, nothing actually happened. She just fell asleep naked and stepson innocently climbed into bed with her a few hours later.

This game is like Mrs. Crumplebottom-anything that appears to be cheating is actual cheating-it doesn't take much at all to consider it cheating. Waving at another pixel, talking to them, hugging them, are all bad things.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Mad Poster
#9361 Old 17th Sep 2021 at 1:26 AM Last edited by sushigal007 : 17th Sep 2021 at 11:35 AM.
The funniest thing to me was how long it took for him to come to that conclusion. Usually Sims know at once when cheating is a happening and go sprinting across the lot to angrily confront the culprits, but in this case, he came home from walking the dog, walked upstairs and into the bedroom and screamed. Because his wife was naked. Then he stood there a moment longer, then I got the cheating boings and the wife woke up. But he didn't make any move to yell at her or slap her, so on some level, he knows it was innocent, albeit rather inappropriate.
Inventor
#9362 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 1:48 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 19th Sep 2021 at 2:14 AM.
Turns out it was far faster modifying the funds with SimPE, haha.

Bianca Monty is yet another billionaire in Sims History!
How high can this go?

$ 2,147,483,647 Simoleans. 32bit positive integer limit. just a tad more than $ 9,999,999. maybe enough to buy SimNation.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#9363 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 3:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sims2Christain
Turns out it was far faster modifying the funds with SimPE, haha.

Bianca Monty is yet another billionaire in Sims History!
How high can this go?

$ 2,147,483,647 Simoleans. 32bit positive integer limit. just a tad more than $ 9,999,999. maybe enough to buy SimNation.

Wow! I didn't think it could go that high! But, I'd imagine the cap might be £99, 999, 999, based on other games I've played where the damage, or number cap in general usually has a bunch of 9's depending on the game It's just a guess.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Inventor
#9364 Old Yesterday at 8:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalFlame360
Wow! I didn't think it could go that high! But, I'd imagine the cap might be £99, 999, 999, based on other games I've played where the damage, or number cap in general usually has a bunch of 9's depending on the game It's just a guess.

Sims 2's normal cap being a simoleon short of 10 million. ($9,999,999)
305 Shipwrecks worth. (at $32,767 a boat)

32bit positive limit being $2,147,483,647 means Bianca can now own.
65,538 Shipwrecks!
2 shipwrecks for every sim in a full maxed out (32,767 Sims) hood!
Page 375 of 375