Replies: 553 (Who?), Viewed: 67757 times.
Page 23 of 23
Mad Poster
#551 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokisims
I see that you have been through the experience, that is too accurate.

In fact I want to transmit that with some characters from my neighborhoods in Sims 2, but sometimes I wonder if the world of the sims is more beautiful without those beasts of the devil.

I haven't really dealt with the swiping, but I've dealt with a 'friend' who would demand I look at her pictures, and she would vent at me about her personal woes without letting me vent to her. If I didn't comfort her enough, she would complain, but if I vented about a problem she would be like 'Jenna... it's always about Jenna..." and if I wasn't online at all hours she would throw a Grade-Caillou tantrum on the IM. I would have to explain to her that I had to go to school or class, or to home or to bed (and I shouldn't have had to explain). She would still act rather begrudging.

Eventually I went off the deep end on livejournal and totally embarrassed myself in a flame war due to that and sleep deprivation. Eventually, after another embarrassing flame war, I just ghosted her. That was like... fifteen or sixteen years ago. I just blocked her on AIM even though I had previously promised not to, because I knew she wasn't going to respect my needs, and to her credit, she didn't throw tantrums in public and I maybe sometimes replied to her posts. I recently mentioned that to an acquaintance on Discord and they said "That's called escaping abuse." and my counselor told me that the chick who was demanding my attention was actually isolating me.

But yeah, I think default replacements for the 'good' and 'evil' traits would be cool and make for some great drama. Also, what about toddlers putting things in their mouths, breaking breakable items, and drawing on the walls? And what about children and toddlers having negative feelings about little siblings if their parents don't give them enough positive interactions or responses? It could create a moodlet titled "[Parent Title] Doesn't Love Me!" and special wishes to do things to get attention - positive or negative.
Alchemist
#552 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 7:15 PM
I would spend a lot of money on a mod that fixes the Ambitions careers

or a mod that gave us new playable careers

what does his name even mean?
Field Researcher
#553 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 1:20 PM
@Dacapo To make it more profound, things like a temporary state of stockholm syndrome could be added in some empathic victims.
Mad Poster
#554 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 7:37 PM Last edited by JDacapo : 14th Sep 2021 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Added an idea for narcissistic children
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokisims
@Dacapo To make it more profound, things like a temporary state of stockholm syndrome could be added in some empathic victims.

Definitely.

I had actually felt sorry for that chick because she was whining about how people were being so mean to her and how they were harassing her on AIM (when she could have just blocked them or set it to buddies only) and the thing is, it was kind of justified because she was tracing other people's art and passing it off as her own. But I was kind of blinded to that because I was discussing the situation with the admins of this well-known art site and they were saying things in the vein of "Oh it's the Sonic fandom bitching about character theft and character theft isn't real etc." so I was confused as well. And there were times where she was nice, and I was going through some hard times emotionally from losing a couple friendships that I held dear (and it's likely due to my obsessive behaviour that has lately gotten somewhat of an outlet, as I may have OCD and the like) and I was basically in Aspiration Failure at some points and desperation at others - picture a sim having a chat with a cup-stick buddy or a volleyball with a mortarboard. I was vulnerable and she wasn't the only tracer who had me duped, as I had become friends with another who was very obsessive with this rather popular anthro artist (said popular anthro artist came off back then as a stereotypical bitchy cheerleader but looking back I think she was trying to be as nice and polite as possible, then finally couldn't take anymore and blew up).

I felt a little twinge when I blocked the tracer who just would not accept that I needed to have my breaks, but oh did it feel good to just get some weight off my shoulders. But yes, I did empathize with her. I wish I had seen the red flags and not ignored warnings.

Edit: And I got me another idea for the 'narcissistic' trait... a child with the trait can, if scolded or punished, have a special interaction called "But MEEEEEHM..." which could get him out of trouble or even get him a treat or some kind of toy to placate him. Parents with traits like 'disciplined' will not fall for it. Could even give a special moodlet with a picture of Eric Cartman.
Page 23 of 23