Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 9:38 AM
@SIMposiast That one had me too! Of course in Sims 1 we just clicked on the baby cradle.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 12:16 PM
The thing I didn't get my head round was bills. I knew they were supposed to come twice a week but I didn't think of looking in the mailbox. We don't have mailboxes like that in the UK. Our "letterboxes" are really just slits in our front doors with a flap over them to try to keep draughts out. Our bills land on the floor just inside the front door. To post anything you have to go to a public "pillar box" (post box) or post office. The nearest one to us is a ten minute walk away. So I did nothing about paying bills for my Sims, not even when they got warning messages about unpaid bills. The inevitable result was that Gloria and Andrew got a visit from the repo man. Only after that did I think of looking in that mailbox.

I did know about the Kaching cheat, and used it immediately to replace the things the repo man took. My Sims should never suffer for my stupidity!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#28 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 4:44 AM
How you can much more easily check/place ceiling tiles by having walls down and looking up at a distance. Someone used to awkwardly try seeing if they had generated by having the camera in each individual room, tabbing and looking up. And that someone totally wasn't me.

Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
The thing I didn't get my head round was bills. I knew they were supposed to come twice a week but I didn't think of looking in the mailbox. We don't have mailboxes like that in the UK. Our "letterboxes" are really just slits in our front doors with a flap over them to try to keep draughts out. Our bills land on the floor just inside the front door.

How I miss UK letterboxes! So much more practical than the US/Australian equivalent. Even though the mailboxes are enclosed it's not uncommon to find your mail all soggy or complete with ants crawling on it.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 2:29 PM
I discovered two years ago that you can rotate the camera using the middle mouse button, instead of clicking on the control bar arrows. Don't know how I managed to play like that for so many years...

Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
We don't have mailboxes like that in the UK. Our "letterboxes" are really just slits in our front doors with a flap over them to try to keep draughts out. Our bills land on the floor just inside the front door. To post anything you have to go to a public "pillar box" (post box) or post office.

We also have different mailboxes in France, I've never seen the ones from The Sims in real life. I have yet to find similar mailboxes as CC though... ATS has them but for TS3 and as far as I know Sandy's policy doesnt allow conversions :'(
Scholar
#30 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 2:56 PM
It took me forever to figure out where the heck that dripping noise was coming from in my game (sometime in 2016). It turned out to be from a sink in the game! It wasn't broken. Imagine just hearing continuous: Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip. for hours whilst playing... BAH. It got so annoying that I literally went hunting for a mod to stop it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#31 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 4:57 PM
I remember Inge made a mod to stop that as it annoyed her. I think the dripping is only from the cheap sinks, and I think only after you use them to get a drink. At least, that's what it seems to be...
#32 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 1:15 AM
I just learned a couple days ago that when taking your Sims to community lots you don't have to select a lot immediately, just the hood/subhood. It will take you to the neighborhood map and ask "Where do you want to go?" and then you can click the lot you want. I've been playing this game since 2011!
Theorist
#33 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 8:45 AM
I love that feature in vacation worlds - and it's even more prominent when choosing your hotel: there is an option to choose hotel upon arrival in the list of lots. You can look around the world and check out the hotels yourself, instead of squinting at those 5x5 thumbnail pictures.
Instructor
#34 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I just learned about right clicking the face templates in CAS to mix them with the template of the current Sim you're making.

I had the game for like five years before I figured out how to start the tutorial. I didn't even even know there was a tutorial at first

WHAT!? Sir I have this game since 2008 and this is the first tie I hear this. You just saved me a trip to the bodyshop. When making good looking sims I usually download a custom face then mix it with the first template.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 3:25 AM
So I learned this little thing literally yesterday...

I always hated how when you mistype a cheat, you'd get this error in the cheat window, and it made the cheat box really big, and it wouldn't go back to the original size until you reloaded the game. It was so frustrating, despite being so miniscule of a problem. Every time you open it, it's big from that point on. The most annoying part of it was that when you type in a cheat properly, the cheat box wouldn't go away afterwards until you hit Esc. Normally it goes away on it's own after you properly type in a cheat. When the problem was activate, the box just stayed open and in the way.

I was watching YouTube, and a girl said in order to get rid of it, just type in a lowercase x and hit enter. It goes back to normal.

I flipped out.

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 3:33 AM
@Alpal425 I always used the "expand" cheat
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 5:44 PM
I didn't realize until a year or so ago that there was an option to turn off that stupid custom content dialog when you start up the game. I've been playing since 2004. I felt really stupid.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 9:27 PM
What I am learning is that there is a ton of stuff my playing-since-2005 self has yet to learn. Thanks, friends!
Page 2 of 2