Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Weapons System

by desecrate Posted 18th May 2010 at 9:11 PM - Updated 22nd Jan 2013 at 9:41 AM by desecrate : Added translations; verified compatibility with patch 1.47

1334 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 887 Feedback Posts, 446 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 54
Banned
#51 Old 19th May 2010 at 4:14 PM
ABOUT TIME! NOW, the game is perfect. Thxu.
Test Subject
#52 Old 19th May 2010 at 4:21 PM
Oh. My. GENIUS. Talk about creative! First the Desmond sim now this. I can go all Assassins Creed in my game now. I can't wait to have a bunch of protesters crowded around. I'll mingle in, aim toward the park and --

um, great mod.
Test Subject
#53 Old 19th May 2010 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robert5648
i cant pick up the weapons and put then in my inventory plz help i want to kill people

OMG!!! Wow dude. Someone plz help him...
Zombie Socks
#54 Old 19th May 2010 at 7:25 PM
Amazing! Thank you!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 19th May 2010 at 7:33 PM Last edited by HeyBubbe : 19th May 2010 at 7:36 PM. Reason: grammer
Hehehehhh... I just had a fun (i.e.-morbid) thought. You had mentioned wanting to add the feature found with Dexter the Bear in which the murdering sim could get arrested if there are witnesses. I think adding the possibility of the arrested sim dying in jail (i.e.-death penalty) would be great for those who might want the option. For example, getting arrested for murder could result in a 0%, 25%, 50%, ..etc chance of death while in jail. In the event of death, the tombstone appears in the mausoleum and the resulting ghost has the electrocution effect. This would be great as it creates a challenge to only kill with no witnesses but also adds consequences to superbad behavior in sim world.

Just a thought! I don't even know if this would be possible... Nonetheless, Looking forward to the updates on this. Oh, and I second a "no infant-children death" version. Taffy stretch perturbs me.

"It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times? Stupid monkey! "
Test Subject
#56 Old 19th May 2010 at 7:50 PM
I had originally downloaded the Rifle and Pistol from XanKriegor but I had downloaded them as package files. I deleted them and reinstalled them from the download link you gave along with the Weapon System itself, but neither of the weapons are in my game. I tried the framework tool and it said that the framework is working fine. Can someone help?
Not actually evil.
#57 Old 19th May 2010 at 9:03 PM
To add to my original question about killing NPCs, would the game get corrupted if people shot the burglar or the grim reaper? Some folks mentioned wanting to do that, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea. Are there burglar/reaper objects/codes that would get stuck or messed up if that happened?

HeyBubbe's idea about witnesses rocks. Not trying to add to your plate, but if all you modders discussed this in the forums, who knows what great things would happen.

I hope someone takes the code you wrote and uses it with a sci-fi ray gun or steampunk weapon. Oh, the possibilities!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#58 Old 19th May 2010 at 9:25 PM
Awesome. For police, they should only get you if there are witnesses and you're on the same lot as the vitim. Like if you snipe them from two lots away you don't get in trouble, but if you shoot them point blank with the pistol, everyone knows you did it and get arrested.
Test Subject
#59 Old 19th May 2010 at 9:51 PM
This is so awesome! Now my sim affairs will be more interesting! Haha
Test Subject
#60 Old 19th May 2010 at 10:24 PM
hehe i broke it on the first use i killed 8 sims in under 1 min in real life and the grim reaper quit and wont reap the sims i kill XD

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.
If you seek peace, prepare for war.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 19th May 2010 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alfalfa140
hehe i broke it on the first use i killed 8 sims in under 1 min in real life and the grim reaper quit and wont reap the sims i kill XD

Well I guess 8 people could all die in a fire. That's strange.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 20th May 2010 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cutsocks
Quote: Originally posted by Robert5648
I cant pick up the weapons and put then in my inventory plz help i want to kill people
You have the place the weapons on a surface piece of furniture and not the ground. I couldn't pick up a weapon from off the floor.

Quote: Originally posted by 4katsuki_
Can't get it to work, the guns will show up but if i mouse over them it says 'desecrate.sims3mod.weaponsystem.pistol' but i can't drag it into my inventory at all, can't even click on it. I have WA and HELS..Hmm.. I have d3dx9_31.dll aswell...

Strange, you should be pickup the weapons from the ground or furniture, either by dragging the object to the inventory or using the "Put in inventory" interaction.
The issues described sound like framework issues. Make sure you have the framework/d3dx9_31.dll installed correctly.
It needs to be in the \Game\Bin folder of each of the expantions you have.

Also make sure your game version is updated, it should work with base versions 1.9 WA 2.4 and above. If your game version is too old, it probably wont work.

Quote: Originally posted by The Giant Midget
... but neither of the weapons are in my game. I tried the framework tool and it said that the framework is working fine. Can someone help?

If the weapons don't show up in the game at all (they should be in under Entertainment/Hobbies&Skills), it's possibly another problem. Recheck that all the packages in this download are in your Mods\Packages folder (specialy the Desecrate_WeaponsLib.package), and make sure the framework is ok for all your expantion packs and that you have a recent game update.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 20th May 2010 at 1:09 AM Last edited by desecrate : 20th May 2010 at 7:38 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Vampire_BaD_GiRl
... Hmm, I wonder if I'll be able to kill the Grim Reaper with this ^^

Of course you can
It will fall, disapear and reapear to collect it's own soul.
However killing Death has it's downsides, as it will stop collecting souls, and after some time you'll have a city full of dead bodies lying arround... which although fun, can really mess up your gameplay.

As far as killing other NPCs (pizza boy, burgular, maids, etc), I didn't find much problems with these, and a diferent NPC would show up the next day.
But kill them at your own risk - I may give you the weapons, but I don't make you pull the trigger

Regarding baby killing, unfortunatly I've confirmed this is an issue where both a streached out version of the baby and the grim reaper can get stuck, and in the next version I'll prevent babys/toddlers from being killed with this mod.
If you ran into this situation and saved the game, it can be unblocked using the ResetSim cheat: press Ctrl+Shift+C in the game to open the cheat console, and then type "ResetSim [Sim Full Name]", for example "ResetSim Grim Reaper".
Test Subject
#64 Old 20th May 2010 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by michellelouise
can some one tell me were you find the item? i can't find it plus i havn't got wa installed i guess it only work with that huh make 1 with not wa cos i hate wa

There is no way to make this without WA because aiming uses the system of the camera.
Test Subject
#65 Old 20th May 2010 at 2:21 AM
haha This mod is so cool. Nothing like getting rid of the Goths once and for all. Is there away to change the sound picture being taken to a gun shot?
Test Subject
#66 Old 20th May 2010 at 2:25 AM
omg this is so cool! Anyone using a mac get it to work? I'm about to try it now (if I don't get the stupid disc initialization error again) and I will let you know if that works. I've had problems before using mods that required frameworkz.
Test Subject
#67 Old 20th May 2010 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desecrate
Strange, you should be pickup the weapons from the ground or furniture, either by dragging the object to the inventory or using the "Put in inventory" interaction.
The issues described sound like framework issues. Make sure you have the framework/d3dx9_31.dll installed correctly.
It needs to be in the \Game\Bin folder of each of the expantions you have.

Also make sure your game version is updated, it should work with base versions 1.9 WA 2.4 and above. If your game version is too old, it probably wont work.

If the weapons don't show up in the game at all (they should be in under Entertainment/Hobbies&Skills), it's possibly another problem. Recheck that all the packages in this download are in your Mods\Packages folder (specialy the Desecrate_WeaponsLib.package), and make sure the framework is ok for all your expantion packs and that you have a recent game update.

Ok I found my problem. Everything was working fine I just looked in the wrong place for the guns. Thanks, they work GREAT! On my first test I lured him in with a death and then killed the Grim Reaper but he just did the death animation of falling to the ground but rose back up and made a tombstone with his name on it and then he disappeared.
Test Subject
#68 Old 20th May 2010 at 3:57 AM
Before I download it, I was wondering if maybe you could make like a shooting skill out of this...I don't know if you can because I'm new to this...It fine if you can't and I'm sure this mod will be awesome!!!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 20th May 2010 at 5:02 AM
Congratulations, you have just turned Sims 3 into a first-person shooter, that thing i read about modding was half wrong. It said that with modding you can do alot, but you cant make the game into a first-person shooter where you kill zombies.
Test Subject
#70 Old 20th May 2010 at 6:02 AM
swords plus have brave sims try to arrest you and if you shoot them have them react like you would you know try to fight you and others
Test Subject
#71 Old 20th May 2010 at 6:04 AM
Thanks for answering all those wonderful questions! Things are working perfectly for me so far... truly fantastic work right here.

And I say you should keep the baby-option in, at least as an optional file; only because I find it hilarious and the stretching doesn't bother me at all. Like you said, you can fix it with the cheat if need be. Good luck with your future modding, and thanks again!
Not actually evil.
#72 Old 20th May 2010 at 7:07 AM
michellelouise If you read the text, you would see "In the game, you can find the objects in build mode under Entertainment / Hobbies & Skills." Also, you would know this requires WA because it uses the WA camera interface. Can't make a non-WA version unless there's a way to control the camera without WA. If you're going to ask a creator to make something for you, it is only polite to say please. Also, please use capitalization (see site rules).

desecrate

You may wish to mention in the main text that people shouldn't shoot the reaper. Some people don't know you can corrupt the game this way. Is there a way to make the reaper not targetable?

If you would like a Polish localization, there's a Polish people group here on MTS. I would volunteer to translate, but my Polish is only passable. If no one else volunteers, I can attempt the Polish translation.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#73 Old 20th May 2010 at 12:35 PM
I would hate to have a burglar come into my sim house with one of these guns o.o
Test Subject
#74 Old 20th May 2010 at 12:38 PM
I tested it with Awesomemod. It works perfectly. So don't worry, awesomemodders ;]

Quote: Originally posted by HeyBubbe
Hehehehhh... I just had a fun (i.e.-morbid) thought. You had mentioned wanting to add the feature found with Dexter the Bear in which the murdering sim could get arrested if there are witnesses. I think adding the possibility of the arrested sim dying in jail (i.e.-death penalty) would be great for those who might want the option. For example, getting arrested for murder could result in a 0%, 25%, 50%, ..etc chance of death while in jail. In the event of death, the tombstone appears in the mausoleum and the resulting ghost has the electrocution effect. This would be great as it creates a challenge to only kill with no witnesses but also adds consequences to superbad behavior in sim world.

That's a really good idea. I think the 25% version works the best. The strange thing is that when I killed sims with Dexter with witnesses, the police didn't come at all, and my sim just got fired from her musician career. I think it would be a problem for this mod, too. Maybe it happens because I have awesomemod?
Instructor
#75 Old 20th May 2010 at 2:05 PM
Bwahahaha. Thanks a ton.

I won't be getting this *Mostly because I don't play TS3 anymore*, but I appreciate the time and originality that went into it. Great job.

No, u can't haz cheezburger
Page 3 of 54