Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Juice Blender

by plasticbox Posted 21st Jan 2016 at 7:26 PM - Updated 5th Mar 2016 at 10:25 PM by plasticbox

173 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 76 Feedback Posts, 96 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 9:54 PM
Regarding the texts, seems like I missed something, thank you! All the texts that I saw were just generic ("Upgrade Infuser" and such) so I didn't see a need to change anything there. I'll take a second look.

Regarding grab interactions; someone asked that about tea as well today -- that interaction isn't a specific one for this blender, it's the standard "Grab", so it works like the game thinks it should work. Children do not have an animation for it so it's not enabled for them. If I do something about that (ie. add an interaction for children with a different animation, or override the JAZZ or whatever) that's going to be a different upload though.

Regarding the umbrellas, do you happen to remember what kind of juice that was? They are all separate objects; maybe one of them has a wrong state linked.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 10:00 PM
Plasticbox, I swear you are one of my favorite modders! This is amazing thank you so much for the time you spend creating all of these wonderful creations!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#53 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 11:11 PM
Are there any benefits to drinking the juice? Would be great to get moodlets & maybe have it heal sicknesses.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 11:32 PM
Please post in Create if you want to know how to add moodlets to things. This thread is not a wishlist. Apart from that, the Remedy stuff for the juices is the same as in orange juice, so if anything doesn't work right with that, it would very likely be a game issue.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 11:44 PM
Omg, this is so cool! Thank you so much!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 11:46 PM
@Menaceman44 , regarding your umbrella issue: could it be that you still have the version that was posted in Feedback somewhere in your Mods folder? Because that one had juice meshes that were based on the bar juices (so they had a state that I didn't use, with umbrellas and ice cubes etc) -- the ones in this version are based on a fruitshake though, which does not have such fancy things. I think the object definitions are the same as in the old version, so that could be what's confusing your game.

Also, I found the texts that you meant (in the tooltips, right? "For Coffee lovers who want better tasting coffee" etc) -- yeah I didn't see those. I'm not sure whether I can change them though, see note in the OP about the stupid Counter tuning. =/

Forum Resident
#57 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 12:27 AM Last edited by K9DB : 23rd Jan 2016 at 12:43 AM.
Having the same issue with the umbrella drink, it happened with the blackberry one. Just re-downloaded it though and I'm about to test it, will let you know...
Also, was wondering, when it comes to the "grab drink" thing...could one do that without animations, and just have the drink just pop into their inventory and they can drink it from there? Have no idea how that kinda thing works though, maybe that's just as difficult for all I know :P

...nope...still getting the umbrella drink glass when it's empty, this time it was carrot juice (don't have the ingredients for the others, not sure if it's for all of them)
Smeg Head
#58 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Regarding the umbrellas, do you happen to remember what kind of juice that was? They are all separate objects; maybe one of them has a wrong state linked.

I just saw this, too. I downloaded yesterday directly from this thread. The very first drink my sim made, blackberry juice, and the empty state glass was with umbrellas, also filled with drink and ice cubes. Although my sim could do nothing with it but clean it in the dishwasher.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 1:45 AM
Okay, then apparently the Maxian "Empty Tumbler" isn't all that empty =P .. I'll try explicitely setting the state on that, and if that doesn't help just make a custom empty one.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#60 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 2:24 AM
Omg you did it :) You're always amazing me
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 4:48 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 24th Jan 2016 at 4:02 AM.
Can the umbrella people please check if the version below solves the issue? I don't seem to have the umbrella phenomenon either way ..

@Menaceman44 @K9DB @coolspear1

(Attachment removed, is uploaded now)

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 6:27 AM
Thanks , this looks great!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#63 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 6:55 AM
Awesome! Thankyou!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 11:49 AM
Endlich haben die Früchte einen sinnvollen Nutzen, danke!
Forum Resident
#65 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 12:04 PM
Can the umbrella people please check if the version below solves the issue? I don't seem to have the umbrella phenomenon either way ..

Yup, works on the ones I was able to try, no more umbrella, thanks!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 1:14 PM
Okay, thank you -- I'll update that then.

Regarding the strings in the tooltips: it actually works to replace that interaction (sims still route to the object just fine) -- however, when I replace those strings that means they will be English only until they've all been translated. So what I did now is only change the most "offending" one (which explicitely mentions coffee twice) but not the two that only say "brewer" instead of "blender", since I don't even know if that's not perhaps more generic ("machine" or somesuch) in other languages anyway.

New string in the package that needs translations:

0xA658A311 "For sims who want the best tasting juice."

Strings not yet in the package that I'll only put in once I have a reasonable number of translations (otherwise I think that would be one step forward, two steps back):

0xB9A7BD8B "Upgrade complete!\n\n{0.SimFirstName} has finished installing the brewer upgrade."
0xBE2C0C94 "This Upgrade keeps the brewer cleaner longer."

If the translators have the time, it would be cool if you could add that =). You can simply post here in the thread, since the latter two do not yet exist in the package anyway. TIA!

@wuccwzt @ElenaInTheSims @PharaohHound @azoresman @hubi98 @thesimsclub @gato_24 @igor97 @Eámanë @Damabiah @Velouriah @simshout @Ele88
Screenshots

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 1:25 PM
Also tagging @egureh who didn't make it into the list above. =)

Test Subject
#68 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 2:09 PM
Default Russian version))
Russian version))
Attached files:
File Type: rar  S4.rar (1.1 KB, 12 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 2:14 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#70 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 2:34 PM
Hi !
Here's the French Translation.
(I made some additional corrections)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  JuiceBlender_FrenchTranslation.zip (1.0 KB, 7 downloads)
Sockzz!
#71 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 2:42 PM
Added the line to the Dutch translation, here you go!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  STBL DUT_NL Added translation.rar (328 Bytes, 8 downloads)
Smeg Head
#72 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 2:53 PM

Yes, lovely. Works a treat now. All empty glasses are empty and umbrella free. Thanks, plasticbox. (Although, seeing that tomato juice has actually got me now hankering for a Bloody Mary. Haven't had one of those in decades. Right then, adding vodka and tomato juice to my Saturday shopping list. What else goes with that? Worcestershire sauce? Now look what you've started... I'll raise a glass to you )
Instructor
THANKS POST
#73 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 4:27 PM
Great Job :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#74 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 5:09 PM
What a great idea! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#75 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 5:13 PM
Aww, too late for the Dutch! :-D