Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Under Counter Washing Machine & Dryer

by Teknikah Posted 7th Feb 2020 at 10:30 PM - Updated 3rd Aug 2022 at 4:21 PM by Teknikah : Added technical details for creators

51 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 1:26 PM
thank you for this! but for some reason instead of pushing the buttons on dryer my sim is pushing imaginary buttons in the air over the dryer and the counter, like my sim would do if I had stacked the dryer on top of an washing machine, might be an bug
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buddy92
thank you for this! but for some reason instead of pushing the buttons on dryer my sim is pushing imaginary buttons in the air over the dryer and the counter, like my sim would do if I had stacked the dryer on top of an washing machine, might be an bug

Yes, I have seen this. I have no idea why this happens. :/
I've just being ignoring it in my game. It's only for the dryer for some reason
Instructor
#28 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Teknikah
Yes, I have seen this. I have no idea why this happens. :/
I've just being ignoring it in my game. It's only for the dryer for some reason

The rig/slots files may be wrong. Also the footprint. Not on my comp atm, but I‘m sure that either one is the issue. Try to replace them with the washer files and see what happens.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 6:24 PM Last edited by Teknikah : 13th Feb 2020 at 8:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LuvMySimz
The rig/slots files may be wrong. Also the footprint. Not on my comp atm, but I‘m sure that either one is the issue. Try to replace them with the washer files and see what happens.

Hmm, could be. I'll look into that when I have some time, thanks for the tip

I've tried all of these things and sims still reach up for the dryer
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#30 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 1:54 AM
I didn't know I needed this in my game until now. Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 8:12 AM
Yup you're right. I think something went wrong when you worked on it and cut/deleted parts of the mashine. I will compare both the dryer and washing mashine files now with the originals in blender. Maybe I can find the issue there.

I didn't actually delete anything in blender, I just squashed it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 12:49 PM
I fixed it

I exported your meshes LOD0 & shadow LOD0 and re-imported them into a newly created original Dryer package file, adjusted a few settings, and now it works.
All you have to do now is make it snap into the counter. I couldn't do this anymore since RL called.
Will send you the fixed package via PM.

Thanks for that, saved me some time lol
I'll finalise your file and upload when I'm home.
Really appreciated. I'll also add you in the credits for helping me with that
Instructor
#33 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Teknikah
Thanks for that, saved me some time lol
I'll finalise your file and upload when I'm home.
Really appreciated. I'll also add you in the credits for helping me with that

Thanks but did you read my other PM's? I wrote a couple more after sending the file...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 7:24 PM
Thanks but did you read my other PM's? I wrote a couple more after sending the file...

I'm going to read them now, I was at work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 15th Feb 2020 at 11:40 PM
Klass ... Danke für deine Arbeit ... LG
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#36 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 11:44 AM
Thank you! I've always found it annoying that there wasn't enough space to place all the essentials for doing laundry and I didn't even think of placing anymore decorations, even if I could have. That has now changed The animation is still a bit off, as if they were using the washer/dryer-combo but I for one am not bothered by it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anonymouse85
Thank you! I've always found it annoying that there wasn't enough space to place all the essentials for doing laundry and I didn't even think of placing anymore decorations, even if I could have. That has now changed The animation is still a bit off, as if they were using the washer/dryer-combo but I for one am not bothered by it.

I'm still trying to figure out how to make the anims work properly. As soon as it gets snapped into a counter it thinks it's being placed on top of a washer. I've just being ignoring it thus far - 95% of the time I'm using a clothes line anyway, no dryer
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 2:50 AM
I love you man, really out here doing god's work.
Well.. EA's work lmao.

The whole smacking the air thing for the dryer is annoying but honestly I'm just glad I can have a normal home.
Test Subject
#39 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 10:49 AM
all laundry MOD for me doesn't seem to work. Help Please
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bokchoy_mcm
all laundry MOD for me doesn't seem to work. Help Please

First of all make sure you have The Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff purchased and installed, this mod requires that pack to function.

If you do have Laundry Day Stuff, please can I have more details of what the problem is so I know what to look into?

thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 3:15 PM
Thank you ! I don't have TH installed on my current pc but before getting what I play on now I was using my daughter's pc (and bought all the extras for) I have this file waiting to be installed on hers for Tiny Homes. I love the idea of utilizing as much space and make it functioning, this is awesome.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#42 Old 12th May 2020 at 6:42 AM
This could be very useful! Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 4:41 PM
Just got TH and going to try this. No way I was going to have my sims washing clothes in the rain/snow! Thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#44 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 1:49 PM
Not the washer/dryer combo I was googling for but THIS is still pretty good Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#45 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 6:24 PM
Hi.
25.10.2020 and still use your washing maschine... BUT i noted one problem with them.
Sim sometimes can't do lundury from basket in to your wasching machine. Maxis works fine.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Diffevair
Hi.
25.10.2020 and still use your washing maschine... BUT i noted one problem with them.
Sim sometimes can't do lundury from basket in to your wasching machine. Maxis works fine.

Is this the bug where you move it from the hamper to the washer, but then "wash laundry" doesn't appear in the options of the washer? If it is, I am having this issue currently on my lot where I'm using the Maxis washer
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 19th Dec 2020 at 2:36 AM
This is a great thing to have and someone else created this same thing to get on patreon and here it is for free. Thank you! Us Simmers really appreciate you guys

If there is no Sims.
There is no life!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LovingSims
This is a great thing to have and someone else created this same thing to get on patreon and here it is for free. Thank you! Us Simmers really appreciate you guys

Thank you for the lovely comment
The majority of my mods/files/etc are born from my own desire - I just like to contribute them to the community in case anyone else wanted the same thing I did which prompted me to make it I feel selfish keeping it to myself if others can enjoy it too
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 17th Dec 2021 at 6:24 AM
Hello, I've downloaded this as well as the laundry file, however they are not working. Says it "must be placed on specific object" in game. I do have the Laundry pack downloaded. Is there a way to fix this? TIA
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 19th Dec 2021 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shelbycinda
Hello, I've downloaded this as well as the laundry file, however they are not working. Says it "must be placed on specific object" in game. I do have the Laundry pack downloaded. Is there a way to fix this? TIA

That message normally pops up when you're trying to place it other than the location I told it to (counters), as the message suggests.

Might sound stupid, but please make sure you're trying to place it into a kitchen/bathroom counter, it cannot be placed on its own.

If this isn't the problem, I'm not sure what is. I haven't been playing for a while and haven't done anything with my creations. As mentioned on the pages for some of my other creations I'm really busy at the moment. With work, COVID centres, and language study, which I have an exam for in 2 days

Please let me know any development on this and I can try to look into it if it is indeed completely broken
Thanks
Page 2 of 3