Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Saraceno (Luxury Mediterranean Villa, 3 BR, 4 BA, Fully Furnished)

by mairi0336 Posted 28th Jan 2007 at 5:20 AM - Updated 29th Jun 2009 at 6:33 PM by mairi0336

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 75 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 11:22 PM
Eh?! That's a new one on me. . .

I knew my houses could be a little pricey but my goodness. . .

I don't really know how that happened. I have tested that house on several different computers and didn't have any problems. . .do you have the custom paintings installed correctly?

Mairi
Test Subject
#27 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 3:58 AM
Your houses are beautiful! I am definitely downloading this one.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#28 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 6:17 PM Last edited by porkypine : 1st Feb 2007 at 10:41 PM.
Al I can say is.... "DAAANNNNGGGG' I wish my floors were that shiny!" Which would be interesting since most of my house has icky, wall-to-wall carpeting.

FYI. the game doesn't care which EP you use to make a lot. The issue is if your building parts come with a specific EP. OFB has certain types of windows and doors, then you'd need that EP to see those parts.

You can place any lot in your game using Simpack2clean installer. What happens then is that your game will replace any parts you don't have the EP for with default parts. The look of the house would change but you'd still have the floor plan and the rest of the stuff.

p.s. If people forget to get a new part for something place in your lot that the game doesn't have a default part for, it will either be invisible or it will flash blue.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 6:28 PM
Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks for the useful information, Porkypine!

Mairi
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#30 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 10:39 PM
Oh yea! Interesting how it comes up at 600 million.. they can use these cheats:
motherlode
or
familyFunds (lastname) +(700000)
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 4:17 AM
I appreciate the fact that you have provided 2 downloads. Thanks for the options.
Very nice laid out.

100% NO LAG ALL HIGHEST SETTINGS!!

2.66 GHz AMD Phenom II x4 910 processor
ATI Radeon hd 4850 1GB
8 GB RAM
1 Terabyte hard drive
Vista 64

Ultra is ultra now, finally!!
Test Subject
#32 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 3:33 PM
how did you get the border around the shiney floors??
Test Subject
#33 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 3:33 PM
how did you get the border around the shiney floors??
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 11:12 PM
If you mean the little gold strip on the floor separating the floor areas, that is available in Build mode under the Fencing menu. It's the floor divider (in brass). I built the floors with the divider first, then laid down the reflective floor tiles later for picture taking.

Hope that helps!

Mairi

"Logic will get you from A to B, Imagination will take you everywhere." ~Albert Einstein
Field Researcher
#35 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 2:02 PM Last edited by Angelgoddess79 : 5th Feb 2007 at 5:10 PM.
I love this Villa!!!:D*Bear hugs* Can you hear your female sims, high heels click on the tile floor? Can't wait to see more.

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone
//\\ that has survived, died, or is living with cancer
Scholar
#36 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 3:10 PM
Absolutely STUNNING!! :D
The design is breathtaking, the plan is so well thought out, and so unique!
You have left nothing out as furnishings/decorations, and that FLOOR that you used enhances it all!!!
Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Thanks a million! :D

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by truelytrance
For some reason the house is costing over 600 million in my game....ANy ideas?

Go motherlode! wow, maybe it is a glitch, because 600 million is like omg.

Btw, what size is this lot?
All my sims live in a very small island and I dont know if I have room left for a big house which I love it, love it, love it!!

awesome!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 10:55 PM
It's a 4x3 lot. I don't know what happened with the 600 million error--I have tried to duplicate that error on several different computers with no luck. I haven't heard anybody else mention that either--it must have been a fluke.

Thanks for the compliments!

Mairi

"Logic will get you from A to B, Imagination will take you everywhere." ~Albert Einstein
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 5:57 PM
Im glad I had space for your awesome lot at my tiny little island.
It looks terrific.
Test Subject
#40 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 9:17 AM
wow is all i can say ;]
Test Subject
#41 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by truelytrance
For some reason the house is costing over 600 million in my game....ANy ideas?

That's cause you dont have some of the EP required to play this lot
i had the same problem with another huge lot that i later found out needed PETS
i installed PETS and voila i could move in!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 10:10 PM
Thanks for the house! I love it!
Test Subject
#43 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 3:43 PM
It says file is corupt I have all the EP's for it and I love the lot!

No one is ther....what.
Ok just me....LOSE IT!
Wha....I'm freaky...COOL! :-DDDD
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 11:13 AM
Hmm, I don't know what could be causing that--I just downloaded the house and tested it again to see if it worked, and I had no problems with it--perhaps try a different unzipping utility? I used WinZIP 11 to package the file (so some utilities, including other versions of WinZip, could be incompatible with it)--you could try unzipping it with WinRAR and see if that takes care of it. Let me know if that works!

Mairi

Test Subject
#45 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 6:35 AM
I kind of wish I could move into this house myself! Since I can't, I'll have to just live vicariously through my Sims. The house is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing.
Test Subject
#46 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 2:55 PM
Terribly sorry to be a bother, but have you any clue why under one of the plants there is a flashing blue square? I made sure to get the custom objects you posted. It won't let me remove it at all, even with moveobjects on. Moving the plant seems to have no effect either. Any ideas?
Test Subject
#47 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 9:47 PM
This is truly amazing!
Well Done
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 4:43 PM
Wow! Good Job!
WOW It's a beautiful house!
(\(\
(=',')
(/('')('') =)
Theorist