Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 12:21 AM
Default How do I get rid of the Custom Star on Conversion Content?
I've both downloaded and created many clothing age conversions. I can't tell you how much I hate that little custom content star. I've seen a couple of people do it, but how do you get rid of the star and replace it with whatever expansion pack flag the original thing came with.

On a similar note, has anyone figured out how to do the repository technique with clothing? I found out that Maxis did it with the awful solid colored pjs, one texture for three different age meshes. That would be really helpful for my next project, it also would save space making it extra spiffy.

Thanks guys!
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 9:10 AM
Well, question 1 I don't know the answer to.

Question 2 is simple: Create your multi-age recolours and have them done, non-repositoried. In the material definition for the age you want to be the repository, that is, the "parent texture" copy the stdMatBaseTextureName line. Paste that line into the corresponding line on the repositoried items, that is, the "child textures", commit, save. You can then delete the textures in the files for the repositoried items and because of the material definition pointing at the parent texture, it'll still work just fine. Just make sure you put big, bold, and prominent NOT to delete whatever age you have as the repository or the other two will stop working.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 9:27 PM
Thanks for your help HP!
Found this after a bit of searching on MATY http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,9433.0.html
We'll see if it works.
Quote: Originally posted by Jordi
EAxis changed the property sets for clothing in Pets, and as a result most clothing property sets from previous expansions now result in clothing being marked with the custom content star if this property set is read from the My Documents folder.
This affects any changed items, such as my hiders, outerwear enablers, etc..
A particulary dangerous result of this is that it allows these clothes to be deleted from in CAS, resulting in base game file corruption.

The most common workaround given is to place these property sets in the Catalog Bin, but there's also an actual fix.

Make sure the following properties are in each clothing's property set if placed in My Documents:

version (dtUInteger) = N
product (dtUInteger) = N

Base game: version 1 product 1
EP 1 Uni: version 2 product 2,
EP 2 NL: version 2 product 3,
EP3 OFB: version 3 product 4,
SP1 FFS: version 3 product 5,
SP2 GLS: version 3 product 6,
EP4 Pets: version 3 product 7,
EP5 Seas: version 3 product 8,
SP4 Celeb: version 3 product 9,
SP5 H&M: version 3 product A

The Xmas items are labelled according to which pack they first appeared in:
Xmas 2005: version 2 product 1
Xmas 2006: version 3 product 1

-----
Combined with the trick to set the "Creator" property to all zeroes, this might allow you to set custom content clothing as game defaults, allowing townies to use them or Sims to grow up in them. This is untested.