Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 4:51 PM
Default Custom face template crashes BodyShop! Help!
I just made a set of replacements for the first (named "heart") CAS face, using AllenABQ's base templates. To my knowledge, I've followed the instructions (here) perfectly, even did the whole process slower than usual to make sure, and I've made a few perfectly funtioning replacement faces already.

I can load up BodyShop fine, and use makeup, hair, eyes, etc... But when I try to click on a premade face, or face part such as forehead/eyes/lips, the game just freezes and won't respond. Can anybody hazzard a guess as to what I've done wrong?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st May 2008 at 10:58 AM
Out-of-the-stomach, I would guess you accidently use an older BS version. When installing a new EP / SP, the install routine will update the links to the new game's executable and will also update BodyShop, but the latter is not linked to by selectable program icons. I always have to do this manually.

I also use AllenABQ's templates (among others), and I only noticed a slight performance decrease when it comes to selecting facial details like beards, make-up, jewels etc. But no crash.

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2008 at 7:03 PM
You know, I think you could be right there. I'll have to redo the set and make sure I'm using OFB BodyShop (my last installed/most recent EP). Thanks a bunch if it does work.