Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fully animated multi-purpose Coal Stove - *UPDATED 21feb06* - REDOWNLOAD!

by Numenor Posted 15th Feb 2006 at 7:43 PM - Updated 7th Oct 2013 at 10:03 PM by leefish : fix image

300 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 284 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 13
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#76 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 11:46 AM
What can I say? I think I'll say absolutely amazing work!

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Test Subject
#77 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 1:30 PM
All I can say is WOW!.And of course THANK YOU!
#78 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 1:59 PM
this is coool!! thanks....
Instructor
#79 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 2:14 PM
OMG!That's sooooooooo awesome!I love it!Thank you very very very very very much!

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Field Researcher
#80 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 2:35 PM
stunning - wow - thanks a lot :salute:
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 3:05 PM
this is great downloading it now
it would be great if someone used this idea to make a camp fire
Instructor
#82 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 4:03 PM
Now this was really useful! Thanks a lot.
Test Subject
#83 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 4:17 PM
Fantastic - thanks
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 5:27 PM
Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#85 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 6:41 PM
This is awesome! I really love it *~*
It's so perfect for my "historical" sim families, especially for those that are low on money... God, I can't wait to try it out, this is so wonderful! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
No, the Coal Stove has its own registered GUIDs and will not interfere with any other object in the game.

Sweet thanks Numenor I am going to test this out today can't wait *hugs*
Test Subject
#87 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Are you sure that the stove isn't just "dirty"? When dirty, you will see, mixed with the thick black smoke, a thin green smoke (the one that means a bed smell); the stove gets dirty not only by burning trash, but also by cooking on the upper range.

No, it's clean.
#88 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 7:41 PM
GOOD! Numenor
GOOD! Numenorhttp://modthesims2.com/newreply.php#
Beerhttp://modthesims2.com/newreply.php#
Baloonshttp://modthesims2.com/newreply.php#
Sciencehttp://modthesims2.com/newreply.php#
Salutehttp://modthesims2.com/newreply.php#
wavehttp://modthesims2.com/newreply.php#
Phone
WKIED
Field Researcher
#89 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 8:40 PM
This is the mose freakin cool thing that I have ever seen!!! Pure brilliance for coming up with this!!! Thank you!!! :D
Test Subject
#90 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 8:42 PM
:wave:Thank you so much, this is perfect !
You are awesome,
Huggles,
Donna :baloons:
Test Subject
#91 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 8:46 PM
Thanks Numenor .... This is Soooo cool. I just gotta put it in all my lakeside cabins. Hmmmm I wonder if the burning trash will attract bears. ( BTW... anyone see claire the bear in the sims 2?... where has that critter gone to ? )

Cheers Mate...
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 9:09 PM
This totally rocks! Genius! Thank you!

"I'm an instant star. Just add water and stir." -David Bowie
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#93 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 10:42 PM
Simscode_2 and all EP users - From my tests, the Coals Stove seems to have no particular problems in the base game; but with UNI or NL, there are some glitches: namely, many (all) the oven-cooked meals disappear from the hands of the sim as soon as he takes them from the oven.

I've already re-written the cooking and disposing code, making it more "robust", so to fix the problem of the disappearing dishes and to prevent the problems that Simscode_2 is experiencing (btw, Simscode, do you have any EP?).

Please check back this thread for the upcoming update (I believe it will be posted tomorrow 17 feb 2006)

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Forum Resident
#94 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 11:27 PM
OMFG, this is amazing!!! Numenor, you never cease to amaze me! Thank you very much,m I will make good use of this!
Test Subject
#95 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 11:29 PM
OOO this is so sweet!! thanks

The real trouble with reality is that there's no diamond above our heads
Field Researcher
#96 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim_code2
No, it's clean.

I had the same problem and my oven was clean too. Also my Sim wanted to make something in the oven and it wouldn't let him... there was the bubble above his head with an exclaimation point and a stove in it. He kept laying the food on the counter.

It was amusing to watch him burn the plate tho, and he had no problem with that. How fun! LOL

Thanks, Still love it and I know that all the bugs will get worked out...after all this is what it's all about right?

Thanks!
Karr
Field Researcher
#97 Old 17th Feb 2006 at 12:45 AM
LMAO you got humor! I really like the idea for my simmies, actually I have one in real..think it is antique by now..must not think to fire it up! lol. The screenshots out of your game are great thank you for making this stove and for sharing your talent.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 17th Feb 2006 at 1:41 AM
Wow, Numenor! This is great! Can't wait for the update to try it out!!! (Now that my game is working right again . . . bad decorative item, BAD!)

Back playing Sims 2 after 10 years . . .
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 17th Feb 2006 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by karrsareus
I had the same problem and my oven was clean too. Also my Sim wanted to make something in the oven and it wouldn't let him... there was the bubble above his head with an exclaimation point and a stove in it. He kept laying the food on the counter.

It was amusing to watch him burn the plate tho, and he had no problem with that. How fun! LOL

Thanks, Still love it and I know that all the bugs will get worked out...after all this is what it's all about right?

Thanks!
Karr

Fantastic stuff Numenor!!!
Justed wanted you to know that I had these same problems too. Woudn't let me put the pork chops in the oven, and just keeps smoking, even though clean.

Still fantastic anyway!! (Plus I know you'll fix it
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#100 Old 17th Feb 2006 at 1:56 AM
Yes, this problem is being addressed (and solved); I'm refining things a little more

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Page 4 of 13