Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 7:07 AM
Default Changing the dominance of a skintone
I'm wanting to make a custom skintone extremely unlikely (if not impossible) to be passed down from one generation to the next and was hoping that I've done it properly. Can anyone confirm? This is what I did:

I opened the skintone file, clicked on the Skin Tone XML line, clicked on genetic (dtSingle) = 0, and changed the value to 4. Was this the correct sequence of events? Did I do anything that's going to make my game implode and suck the universe into a big black hole? Thank you for taking the time to reply.

For the record, I'm using version 0.58 (alpha) since I don't have Pets yet.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 3:53 AM
I think maybe more than a year is a long enough wait. I am bumping this thread because I would really like an answer.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 10:48 AM
http://bogsims.com/tutorials/geneproperties.txt

I don't believe genetic dominance for skintones is done quite like you're wanting... It's more in a range vs. dominant/not dominant.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 8:56 AM
So it's not possible to make a skin tone nigh impossible to be carried on (like eye colors)? Good to know. I'm a bit disappointed to know that I'll have to manually enter SimPE and alter the skintones of any subsequent Sims if it does happen to get passed on, but at least I know know.

Thank you for taking the time to actually answer my question, HP. It is greatly appreciated. :D