Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Espionage Career for Pets

by FennShysa Posted 11th Jul 2007 at 3:13 PM - Updated 5th Dec 2007 at 2:33 AM by FennShysa : Simplified title

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 5:07 PM
Well done for telling us what commands are needed, it's better kept a suprise.

Anything not made by Nintendo is Inferior!
Visit my site , www.-lil-cherri-berri-.piczo.com
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 9:11 PM
Well, I think that way too about a lot of things, and when I start to download a career for myself, I try to avoid learning the levels and stuff like that. But some people want that information so I include it for them.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 2:18 AM
I love the idea of a spy dog! :-)

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 6:43 AM
I aim to please.
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 3:20 AM
What a great idea for a pet career - I love it! Your son is right, this is cool!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 3:52 AM
Thanks, I was trying to give a little more variety to the pet career choices since my last one wasn't very useful for non-medieval neighborhoods.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 2:39 AM
This is very great!
As for telling what will be required... I think everybody will forget it when they get to the point to choose the career... People...
Thanks and take care
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 12:52 PM
You're probably right. And thanks.

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Test Subject
#10 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 12:34 AM
This is a great idea. It's definitely added a little variety to my pets' careers, which is sorely needed.

Unfortunately--I don't know if it's a conflict with some other piece of CC I downloaded or what, but I've been having a problem. Once a pet reaches the top of the career, the carpool won't come for them! I've had this happen to two different cats; I haven't tried it with a dog yet, so I don't know if it works for them, but it's quite frustrating as I've had to have both of them quit or be fired for being unable to come into work.

Has anyone else had this happen? I'm disappointed, since I really liked this idea. :x
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 6:34 AM Last edited by FennShysa : 1st Oct 2007 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Discovered problem
Hmmmm. No one else has mentioned it. I can't remember if I waited around for the carpool after I got the pet promoted when I was playtesting. Of course, a custom content conflict could be easily checked by removing everything but the career from the downloads folder. I'll check it out and see if I can duplicate the problem.

EDIT: Upon investigation, I have discovered the problem. The GUID for the yellow sports car is wrong in my career. Where it's actually supposed to be C6C6DE6C, I have C6C6DEC6. The last two characters are transposed. I have corrected the problem and am about to upload the new version. Everyone who downloaded before should replace with the new package. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 24th May 2008 at 4:14 AM
Apology accepted. It was an easy mistake to make.

One heck of a great idea. Thank you for sharing
Field Researcher
#13 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 5:25 PM
I love this! But I've looked all over and can't find the tutorial to make a pet career. Do you just use the normal one by Superfly? If so, how do you set it to Pets?

Thanks a lot!!

Want to see all my Sims 2 creations, including my Star Trek items? Follow the link below to check out my Blog!

Puppetfish.Blogspot.com

Looking for Franny Sims Meshes? They can be found HERE!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 10:07 PM
I wrote a tutorial to make a pet career, it's available at http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=241114

Thanks for the compliment on the career.

Forum Resident
#15 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 3:53 PM
Always great to have more pet careers. Thank you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 9:02 PM
You're welcome.

Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 6:33 PM
My sim pets can't get promoted also they just appear at home, often in the basement.

I have tried with no hacks and with my regular hacks and they can get promoted on regular pets careers. I have some custom careers for sims and they can get promoted.

Please help?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 9:11 PM
That's very strange. I didn't encounter anything like that when I playtested the career. My pets were promoted just fine. It sounds like a conflict of some sort, but I don't know with what.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 7:09 PM
Lol. I loved your Spy Adults career, but this one is cute beyond words. And the icon! *Squee* Thanks, and awesome work!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 10:00 AM
Late though it may be, many thanks for the compliment. I'm glad you like my careers.

Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 11:08 AM
Now if only I can get a blue platypus as a pet....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 6:23 PM
Thank You
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#23 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 7:30 PM
Thank you.