Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Open Shirt for Males

by LadyFrontbum Posted 21st Mar 2010 at 8:08 PM

81 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 65 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 11:47 PM
thank you LadyFrontbum! i love all your stuffz<3 the fat guy with the shirt made me laugh ha!
Field Researcher
#27 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 7:33 PM
thanks. very sexy lol
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 8:51 PM
Thanks for this, i have wanted this since the begining, but, as a previous poster stated, no one else cares to make sexy menswear, other than underwear it seems.
Has a vampire viking fetish
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 1:44 AM
thanks guys.

I think the problem with a lot of clothing is the available meshes. I can't mesh to save my life and the only reason I was able to publish these is because Base1980 was kind enough to fix the game shirt mesh for me. Otherwise there were no meshes available that would make this work.
I think it's one of the big issues with making sexy stuff
Field Researcher
#30 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 8:47 PM
When I extract the file I get an error message. Is anyone else having this problem?

"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read" Groucho Marx
Test Subject
#31 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 9:04 PM
Love the Shirt! Where can I find the Skintone?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 1:24 AM
What is the error message, bettye?

Zazelle you can get those from peggyzone.com
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 9:10 PM
The "Chesticles" totally sold me. x3

Thank goodness for open shirts, though! They look great! Thank you!
Test Subject
#34 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 10:23 AM
Hey, I love this shirt, I use it regularly, but I tried it on my elder sim, and it doesn't fit right. I don't have any screenshots (at the moment), but from what I remember, if you look at the sim from over the shoulder you can see through the chin.

I'll get some screenies later, but I think it's because the elder mesh is the same as the YA mesh. :/ (I don't know if they are, I'm just trying to make sense of it xD)

That Planet Earth turns Slowly
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 10:45 AM
Oh poop, maybe the mesh doesn't work with elders. I will try to check it when I get a chance.

Lol raminess
Test Subject
#36 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 7:36 PM
Super! Now I can have some male sims that I keep a closer eye on. Thanks!
Test Subject
#37 Old 2nd May 2010 at 6:18 PM
I don't know how to get the mesh. I have looked and looked for the link on the overview page and can't see how.
I think this is great by the way. Can you help me with the link. Thanks.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 3rd May 2010 at 4:03 AM
You don't have to get the mesh, just the package file in the download section
Test Subject
#39 Old 3rd May 2010 at 12:03 PM
Sorry I realised that when I saw it in CAS. Its just that it said I needed a mesh on your first page. Thanks for answering.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 7th May 2010 at 5:08 AM
thanks so much for all of the work. it's so nice to see some great guy clothes..specially sexy guy clothes.:D
Test Subject
#41 Old 20th May 2010 at 3:43 AM
Great Job! Thank You!
Test Subject
#42 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 4:46 PM
I have this shirt in game and it works great. My sim has never looked so hot!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#43 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 2:05 AM
Just wanted to make you aware of this post http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...951#post3219951 in OS X Help – apparently your upload suffers from the infamous "OS X hair problem" even though it isn't hair.

I know zilch about Bodyshop stuff, but I know that OS X users don't usually have clothing issues, only hair issues (and no hair person was ever able to figure out what the problem is) … do you maybe have an idea what makes this particular mesh different from other clothing?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 4:37 AM
Hmm I have no idea pb. I will pm base, since he is the one who fixed the mesh for me, and ask him
Sockpuppet
#45 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 11:42 AM Last edited by Base1980 : 25th Jun 2010 at 11:52 AM.
I cant be much help im afraid...
But if this is related on how a package is build or on wat pc you should try my other files at SS2 or bloomsbase.net.
If the others wont work either then it could be related to my pc?

I suspect it is in the meshes but this also can be related to the DDS files and how they are build.

If my stuff doesn't show up at all i should have had more complains tho.
But if it doesn't i can do some tests so we can figure it out.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#46 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 2:47 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 25th Jun 2010 at 3:22 PM.
I never tested the issue myself – I just posted here because I thought it was very interesting that a piece of clothing seems to have this problem, to me that seems very unusal. It only affects OS X users, and apparently not consistently, so it would be hard to test systematically .. I just wanted to know if there's any sort of new or different technique used in this, something that you don't normally do when making custom clothes (the first thought I had was maybe a different shader?), which might help figure out why this hair issue is happening in the first place and if/how creators can avoid it (there is no such problem with EA hair, only with CC).

Maybe, if you want to test this, get in touch with the user who posted about it (what I linked above)? They seem to have quite a bit of experience with it, and their problem report looks useful to me.

The "OS X hair problem" is a recurring issue btw – what it says in that problem report is correct for all I can tell: was introduced with one of the patches after 1.2.7, fixed with 1.8, and came up again with one of the later patches. This is consistent with my own experience (and with those reports I've seen in OS X Help that go beyond "Halp! Doesnt Work!"): I've only used 1.2.7 and 1.8.25 until very recently, and I never had any issues with hair. I haven't used any Bodyshop CC since I upgraded to 1.12.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#47 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 5:38 PM
I am the one who reported this in the other thread. I mentioned this shirt top as one example. Actually, I have a whole folder of clothing items that began to vanish together with the hairs. They are mostly tops and some bottoms (like all of aikea guinea's replacement meshes or the male torso replacement SAMMM) and default nude replacements. When this happened the first time there were scattered complaints (especially about DBCAB's male meshes disappearing), but as no-one seemed to have had any clue what was going on there and why the discussions ended quickly. The subject does come up occasionally on the official TS3 forum and someone there brought up the theory that it was all those meshes that contained some animation parts. I do not know anything about these things, but so far all shoe meshes have worked for me and they have to be animated, too, haven't they? As to why no-one mentions these issues more often, I guess it is because most Mac users have given up. If a mesh doesn`t work I shed one little tear and throw it out of my mods folder.

Ah, I almost forgot: I mentioned this shirt especially, because for this item I feel really sorry that I cannot use it atm. So, more than one tear in this case and a big Thank you nevertheless
Test Subject
#48 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 10:08 PM
Cool idea thankyou!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 4:33 AM
No worries babele44, sorry you can't use it.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#50 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 10:07 AM
Well, you should feel sorry for my sims' kidneys, because they will have to go topless now whenever they have a need to air their chesticles.

BTW, if you're interested I posted pictures in the above-mentioned thread.
Page 2 of 4