Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2014 at 3:25 AM
Calvin Harris
Hi Everyone!

I wanted to create a new sims video with Calvin Harris, but after searching to see if anyone created him, no one has. . If you don't know, Calvin Harris is a music producer who is known in the Pop/EDM industry and has had several hits including Acceptable Into the 80s, Flashback, Sweet Nothing, Feel So Close, and his most recent hit, Summer.

So I decided to try it out myself. This is my first time attempting to create a celebrity using Sims so bear with me.

Sims Version

Real Version

But at the end of they day, I need some suggestions. I know the sim model does not look like him yet, but what do you think I need to adjust in CAS to make it look better? I have downloaded many sliders esp for the nose, chin, eye, and lip because those are the ones that will help bring his features to life.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th May 2014 at 12:12 AM
Hi, It'll help if you provide a head shot of Calvin taken in-game and place it side-by-side with the real life shot
Instructor
#3 Old 26th May 2014 at 2:02 AM
I agree with Dolce. But one thing right off the top, is his eyes. You have the upper apex much too far towards the outer corners of his eyes. Move it inwards so that the highest point is above his irises. Second, (and it's usually the opposite) but you have his eyelids too "squinty". But.. yeah... you need in-game photos and make sure they are well lit (i.e. stick a hidden light in front of him, pointing towards his face. Make sure the light is actually hitting his face.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th May 2014 at 2:51 AM
Thanks you guys. I will make some more changes to his face and place an update with an side by side picture.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th May 2014 at 1:35 PM
Here's an update to what I've done to him.

From what I can see, I need to work on his eyes (so hard), his lips, a little bit of his nose and his chin. I feel as though the sliders I have for eyes are not enough to achieve his eye shape, but I will keep trying.
Scholar
#6 Old 28th May 2014 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nnediz
Here's an update to what I've done to him.
From what I can see, I need to work on his eyes (so hard), his lips, a little bit of his nose and his chin.

I think his jaw and chin are great. I think maybe his brows need adjusting so they arc a little, and don't rotate up at the nose.
Instructor
#7 Old 29th May 2014 at 1:07 AM
Try a chin slider and eyebags too....

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th May 2014 at 1:57 PM
Quote:
I think his jaw and chin are great. I think maybe his brows need adjusting so they arc a little, and don't rotate up at the nose.

I tried, but I may to find another brow slider. Thanks for your suggestion!

Quote:
Try a chin slider and eyebags too....

I do have a chin slider, but this is as good as I got it, but I will continue to tweak him some more. And I wasn't thinking about eyebags. Good idea! Thanks! :p
Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th May 2014 at 5:49 PM
You tried as in it didn't go far enough? Do you have master controller and sliders set to a larger multiple?
Instructor
#10 Old 29th May 2014 at 10:02 PM
I could really use a pic with a neutral expression. It's almost impossible to see their bonestructure when they emote... Looking forward to it
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsgal2227
You tried as in it didn't go far enough? Do you have master controller and sliders set to a larger multiple?

I tried as in I don't know what I am doing. I do have master controller and a lot of sliders I downloaded from a Slider Master list. I did not set it to a larger Multiple, but I can go in and change the number if I wanted more than 250. I will keep working on it. Creating a real life person in Sims 3 is very difficult.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tigerdyhr
I could really use a pic with a neutral expression. It's almost impossible to see their bonestructure when they emote... Looking forward to it

Thanks! I am sorry for replying late. I was so busy this summer. I actually used a pose to have him keep that straight face. As of which pose, I cannot remember.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Jul 2021 at 2:20 PM
Do you share yr Calvin Harris sim download?
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#14 Old 3rd Jul 2021 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Afiz
Do you share yr Calvin Harris sim download?

Please check dates when posting in forums. This is a thread from 2014.