Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 7:40 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Dance Studio
Hi again, has anybody tried running a dance studio? I just tried and so far all I have is the ballet bars and a cheap stereo. I've never done this before is why I'm asking. I tried running it and he can't even sell to the potential customers for $5! What should I put inside to get the customers to buy?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 8:10 AM
To buy what? I would probably put the ticket machine outside and then put fun stuff inside so they want to come in and stay a while. If you make it more kinds of dance, you can have contests and such. They like that.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 10:21 AM
I have, I use the 'flamingo of dance' https://modthesims.info/d/597907/flamingo-of-dance.html Then have rooms set up like you have with ballet bars and stereo. A sim wardrobe buffet to charge for food and a ticket machine. To move the business along have them sell items, at least at first since ticket machine business gain stars more slowly. A rack of 'dance attire and dance books and magazines.
The expensive DJ booth is what you need to hold contests with.

Also, I just noticed you are a 'space pony' under your name- that is a title here that only last for a tiny handful of posts then it's gone.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 2:58 PM
Obligatory Space Pony screenshot!
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 2:56 AM
Thanks JoanandSarah! LOL on the title under my name. Ehhh, I don't really care that much about titles, lol.

I d/led the Flamingo. I'll also try getting the DJ Booth. The family is just starting out so they don't have a lot of money yet. Sunrader, I do have the ticket machine outside. However, I can't get any sims to buy the ticket, even at $5! I'll try out these ideas and see what happens.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 6:57 AM
I got the flamingo as I said before and it's working. I also bought a DJ booth, but no DJ. Supposedly, the booth summons a DJ, but it isn't. I also put a pay buffet in and a few things to sell. Still nothing worked to sell the tickets until I bought the Dancing Friends Jukebox. Once I got that, they started buying the tickets. Some come in just to learn dance, but others are buying the tickets. Any suggestions on the DJ booth? Does it make a difference that he bought it at home?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sonshine
I got the flamingo as I said before and it's working. I also bought a DJ booth, but no DJ. Supposedly, the booth summons a DJ, but it isn't. I also put a pay buffet in and a few things to sell. Still nothing worked to sell the tickets until I bought the Dancing Friends Jukebox. Once I got that, they started buying the tickets. Some come in just to learn dance, but others are buying the tickets. Any suggestions on the DJ booth? Does it make a difference that he bought it at home?

No, it's an owned business. The owner or his family or someone they employ has to run it. No free employees for your own business, that's for unowned lots.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 5:43 AM
OK, that makes sense, LOL He doesn't have any family members old enough to work it yet although, he doesn't have to sell tickets quite as much now, but still does have to sell the objects from time to time. We'll see what happens if I assign him to be the DJ.