Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
I wanted to add maybe creating foreign people for your town, maybe some the NPC could have tan skin or be Arabic or Native American like? since the sims are living in a desert after all and also naming them foreign names like I just said earlier might be kind of cool, basically when I play the sims I like to think I am living in a different country so this I just wanted to add to this, I'll also post this conversation in the CFF to see what others think as well

Interesting post. I never really thought about it that way.

I am currently still making townies and creating Native American Sims is something I am interested in doing because it makes sense for this type of neighborhood. I don't know if Arab Sims would fit in with the rural Nevada-like theme of the neighborhood though.

For playable Native American Sims there is Winona Mackenson, a woman who grew up on tribal land and became a paramedic. She then later married Gerald Mackenson an Irish firefighter. Her name is Dakotan is memory serves me right. :D

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 6th May 2023 at 11:33 AM
So it's been about 15 months since I have posted anything regarding this neighborhood. Let me reassure anyone reading this that the neighborhood is not dead per se, it has been on hiatus for a long time now and while the build I have made a back up of has progressed beyond what is even displayed here the story and general premise of the 'hood remains.

I really appreciate all the feedback that's been provided. Reading back at this thread gave me a lot of inspiration to resurect this neighborhood from the grave, so to speak, and revitalize it with more buildings and other such content. However I have been having major issues with my desktop computer so I can't actually game much on it anymore. Within time I will be buying a new 'gaming' laptop and reviving this neighborhood.

I really do want to share it with people and it's not just a pipe dream but one that I am committed to finally making a reality once I can get a new laptop.

Theorist
#29 Old 6th May 2023 at 7:37 PM
I am here. I am not much of help now. At least I can take my cheerleading pom poms and shout Yaaay!

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 7th Jul 2023 at 7:25 AM
It's almost done, it's almost done. I kid you all not, I am releasing it as a test build! I was able to restore a slightly older back up it from earlier this year which undid the changes some of the changes I had from playing in it and restores it almost close to the vision I had when I made this. The main things difference is that Lucien babybat III is an adult instead of a teenager, and that the Boulder family had given birth to their first child but other than that? It's very close to original intent. I am uploading the files to simfileshare right now as we speak! :D

Edit: Will be updating the OP sometime tomorrow, Friday, US GMT -8 time.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 9th Jul 2023 at 6:10 AM
Update: I know I said I'd update this on Friday, but after I uploaded it, I came across an issue on the Cortez lot where the grave for Vincente had disappeared. I am looking into this issue currently. I do not want to upload a 'hood that is corrupted. When I find out the cause of this issue, I will then finally update the OP with links. My apologies to everyone.

Page 2 of 2