Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 2:53 PM
Default Something I've noticed...
There's a small detail that I've noticed is missing that used to be a part of Generations if you threw a wedding on a community lot. Back when the expansion came out, I specifically remember that if you did so, when the wedding gifts were received from your guests you had the option to send thank you notes. But the option is definitely not there now. At first I believed it may be an issue on my end, an outdated mod or so. But the option still isn't there.

So, I did some searching around and apparently this has been an issue for years, and no one seems to know at what point it specifically became broken. I know this is one of those things where it seems so trivial to even notice, but I'm all about small details in my game. It's what makes TS3 such a great game for me. So what I'm really getting at with all of this, is this really something that is affecting everyone? Has anyone definitely noticed this in-game? Or is it still appearing for some people?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 6:41 PM
I never even knew this was a thing- wonder if there's a mod for it somewhere.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 7:04 PM
Yeah, you would click on the mailbox and there would be an option to send them out. The more I think about it, I'm beginning to think it may have something to do with Seasons, or at least something from around that time. It was the only expansion that really altered mailbox interactions in any meaningful way (the love letters and gifts from admirers.) The gifts can end up stuck in your inventory alongside other problems, so it's quite possible that these additions could've messed something else up in the process. I'm not 100% sure about it, but at this point it makes the most sense to me.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 12:37 PM
Perhaps one of the latter patches? One of the last three or four? I, too noticed the lack of thank you notes and also assumed mod conflict or outdated ones. It's a shame if it was patched out, although I'm rather pleased it might not actually be my game ;p

I love my pc because my sims live in it
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 1:21 PM
It's probably something along the lines of the ITF opportunity bug, something faulty in the code that obviously wasn't deliberate, but was never addressed in subsequent patches.