Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 7:04 AM
Yes Dynasty, super 80's. Don't forget Dallas, Knight Rider, Who's the Boss, Family Ties, Growing Pains, Cheers, Newhart, Night Court, Full House, Pumky Brewster, Different Strokes, The Facts of Life, Silver Spoons, etc. So many good 80's shows to reference.
Love the sims pictured and I think your blonde in the denim outfit is a very 80's look, even in New England, I was on high school in the 80's in Connecticut and that would be something girls wore at school.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 7:50 AM
I grew up with Knight Rider. Probably seen every episode. Still can't believe this is the same guy who single-handedly brought down the Berlin Wall and saved Spongebob from death. Absolute legend. Did you know he once had his own talk show in Finland, despite not speaking a single word of Finnish? Yeah, sure, I watched The A-Team, but Mr. T has nothing on this guy.

Well now I know who I'm adding to my game today. Can anyone recommend me a good CC afro for white dudes?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#29 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
80s was awesome. People were much more cheerful and happy. Tim Burton ruined the 90s, the age of emo

Now, now, now...... I love Tim Burton films! Totally up my weird alley! LOL :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 2:06 AM
The Nightmare Before Christmas was cool. Surely someone will have made a Jack Skellington Sim. I bet something like that would be possible. Haven't seen Batman (1989) but I really should. Prince's soundtrack for that is pretty cool. And Beetlejuice, I haven't seen it. The cast sounds interesting. But I can tell you for a fact a Beetlejuice Sim exists. It's totally obvious, how could there not be one?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#31 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 6:32 AM
Just checked and I have seen 10 of his films. Most recently Miss Peregrine. She and other characters and that house would be fun things to do in Sims. Even the whole island maybe?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 8:26 AM
I mean, the 90s metal/emo/grunge thing predates Batman by a bit. That's all essentially an evolution of punk and other subcultures full of people who smoke a lot of weed and hate late stage capitalism. I bet that the whole grunge thing is also kind of a reaction to the increasingly commercialized and shallow music industry of the 80s. And stuff like raves and shit. Stuff like raves and dance music were cool and edgy until the idea caught on with the public, then it turned into yet more commercialized garbage. There's a lot to be said for both but my dad, at the time, went along with that rave culture and I think I'd have done the same.

Anyway, I can't really vouch for getting into superhero battles in black leather. I can't really vouch for superhero battles, period. Black leather.....depends. I did spend a bunch of money on a nice leather jacket last year. It's very comfy and doesn't get in the way, so maybe there's something to be said for it. I wouldn't put a Sim in a full leather outfit though, because I have taste, and I'm not sure anything could be done to make it look tasteful.

Right, there's another challenge for myself. Head to toe leather, but classy. I'm open to suggestions.

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 1:25 AM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 22nd Feb 2020 at 1:58 AM.
Nice leather outfit - http://sims3planet.net/%D0%BD%D0%BE...h=ulito4ka&pg=8

(ps.the Lethal Weapon movies-I collected and watched them over and over back in the day. Anything with Mel Gibson I just had to watch.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 9:58 PM
I love watching on others simmers sims pictures, all the diversity ! That's so stunning.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 7th Mar 2020 at 11:27 PM
Had to stalk the MTS Yearbook website (which nobody but me remembers) to find a reference picture but nope, you're one of the unseen ones. Really need to update mine to be honest, he's several hairstyles and a pretty awful beard removed from being current. Yours looks great, I assume. Maybe he doesn't? Nah, I think there's probably a good resemblance.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 11th Mar 2020 at 12:59 PM
I feel the same way, there's hundreds of pictures of me but good ones? Maybe 5. Let's say one for every 5 years I've been alive. Then again, my mom says the same thing and I found her picture albums from when she was young. It's about the same story, one for every 5 years, but she's lived through a lot more 5-year periods than I have. I've really got to work on that silk shirt-popped collar-eyeliner-plastic earring look. It's surprisingly synthpop.

insert signature here
Page 2 of 2