Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 10:12 PM Last edited by kewpie : 16th Mar 2020 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Forgot a few things.
Default Transmogrify the world!
So... the whole family is stuck in the house. School is closed down and we’ve been encouraged to stay inside — for the next month! What are we doing? Playing LOTS of games.. and TS3 has been amazing at keeping boredom at bay. Especially the transmogrifier mod found here.

I set up my own challenge I made a medieval wizard in Dragon Velley and set him up with unlimited funds just to see how many non-medieval looking items I could make into old fashioned or magical looking things. I’m not putting this into the challenge section, because I mostly just want to put out my transmogrifier recipes and swap them. Here goes my day 1 results!

Base game:
Food processor- decorative bowl of apples. Simple, but convincing.

Electronics:
TV — wall hanging . I got rid of it though. It doesn’t give off a magical vibe. He just looks like he’s staring at it and giggling. Maybe put it in an asylum?

Desktop computer: A phrenology sculpture from supernatural. It looks like he’s sitting down and intensely studying the head. Not bad.

Stereo: decorative potted tree. I discovered just about anything can be a stereo or a television. They don’t need to route to it, so anything goes. I decided that the tree was best for my wizard. He does Druidic rituals and dances around the tree at night.

Video game console: decorative globe. This is another item where anything worked. I could get him to sit down in front of his poster tv, hunched over — but it still looked more like he was just not right in the head instead of magical.

Ambitions:
Washing machine: the toilet that came with dragon valley. It doesn’t look much like a toilet. But it works as a clothes washer. He uses All in one toilets as outhouses or fancy water closets, so it doesn’t look like he’s washing clothes in a toilet.

Store:
Plumbing:

Not So Routine Machine — toddler potty chair. This is this craziest one. I love it. It’s the most powerful item in the house, so he stores it high in the wizard tower. The effects work, but the items don’t appear. The hot tubs also work, but they glitched the water and the animations and effects were bad. Even if they were great, why would you use anything other than a potty chair??

Appliances:

Cotton Candy Machine: Dining chair. I have no idea why, but after trying a bunch of random items, a dining chair did the trick. No other chairs work. I made one look like a cheesy purple throne. This also works with the popcorn machine, but it didn’t look very magical. The cotton candy is cool because he swirls it around and it looks like a cloud — and kinda magical.

Comfort:
Super Sleeper — any bed but WAY to glitched. He slept next to his bed instead of in it —- and not in a good way. Looked glitched instead of magical.

Snowcone machine - any deco. Used a little Christmas looking gnome statue — pray to the ice demon and get a snow treat!

Late Night:
Activities:
Electric guitar. : any deco object I didn’t have any decorative instrument cc, but I wanted to try it. Just about anything works. I had lots of fun making him play weird stuff — giant statues ... ehh. Decided just to use a regular guitar.

University:
Mini fridge- good fridge. (Also used a mod to allow mini fridge to go under counters. ) With CaST, it’s easy to get the mini fridge to look “invisible” .

Vending Machine: Standing mirror. — yeah, so I guess there’s a spirit trapped the the mirror that will conjure treats?? Works for me. Bonus: because the mirror part stays in place, but the wooden part moves to the kick and shake animations, it looks REALLY scary when he harassed the machine — like it could really kill him.

Megaphone: lotsa glitchy stuff. Just about any object works, but it gets warped by the action. Lights will work, but they are badly warped and then they are stuck in inventory forever. I tried a very small stack of books, which got huge when he used it. I finely tried a kicky bag. It worked the best. But really... he still looked really stupid holding a kicky bag to his face and shouting. I’d like to try a pitchfork sone time.

Brain enhancing machine: lounge chair. There are some glitches in the animations getting in and out, but this is perfect. If I weren’t bored out of my mind, I wouldn’t have thought to try it l, but I think it adds something to his lab.

Into the Future:

Food replicator - coal iron stove. Work perfectly (except in the low tech dude trying to use it fails) magic stove that makes food instantly? Yep!

Holocomputer - Gazing ball from supernatural. Looks AMAZING. He pulls it out of his pocket and looks like he goes into a weird trance. The light effects don’t work, but it still looks good.

The holo-painting easel — regular easel — works great and it glows! Magical paintings!

Dream machine - regular bed. It glows too! Nice.

Laserharp- a dining chair. No idea why a dining chair works when nothing else does. I found a weird looking chair that doesn’t look much like a chair. The effects don’t fan out. There’s only one beam coming out. The static electricity works though. Fun.

I know there was a thread about a year ago on this subject, but back then it was mostly speculation. Anyone have some good recipes to share? I have loads more to try.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 11:20 PM
I play around with this all the time. I will warn you I have had a couple crashes from using it on already modded things LOL
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 4:52 AM
Have you ever gotten a microwave to work? I couldn’t get anything to work. If he didn’t route fail, he’s just pick up the food and drop it before he got anywhere near the microwave.

I haven’t used it on modded things. I’ll remember that though.
Inventor
#4 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 11:02 AM
I haven't messed with the microwave. I don't think I ever really use them in the game. I will though and see what I can make it do. I actually saw a tutorial about moving microwaves not long ago so maybe following that and using some objects we can make something else work. I'll boot up my game later and see if I can get anything to work.
Undead Molten Llama
#5 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 7:22 PM
I've not tried it, but I've wondered if you could make that moondial from Supernatural into a floor lamp, if the glow would sit in the right spot. That would look sort of medieval/fantasy, I think, if it worked.

The microwave is probably a slot issue. Without a slot, there's nowhere for the Sim to place the food into the object.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 10:17 PM
Slot issues are definitely issues with the transmogrifier (i.e. bikes and cars with parking lots)- make sure you unslot them first!

I wonder- with the transmogrifier, can you apply expensive furniture properties to cheap furniture and vice versa?
Undead Molten Llama
#7 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I wonder- with the transmogrifier, can you apply expensive furniture properties to cheap furniture and vice versa?

That, you can definitely do.

You can also make all the vehicles faster. (Or slower, if that's your jam.) I sped up the speed of the "standard" witch broom, just because I like how it looks a lot better than the actual faster ones.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Instructor
#8 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000

You definitely can, I upgrade crappy beds and fridges with it all the time. No reason why expensive to cheap shouldn't work, either.

Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
...still looked more like he was just not right in the head instead of magical.

I lost it at that part

Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
Cotton Candy Machine: Dining chair. I have no idea why, but after trying a bunch of random items, a dining chair did the trick. No other chairs work. I made one look like a cheesy purple throne. This also works with the popcorn machine, but it didn’t look very magical. The cotton candy is cool because he swirls it around and it looks like a cloud — and kinda magical.

This reminds me of that thread where we were debating transmogrifying the Tepp grill into a Bistro oven and it refused to do it with a stove but then the massage table of all things worked, for some reason. Go figure.

This thread is amazing tho, and it makes me feel like I haven't been using the transmogrifier to its full potential. Beside upgrading crappy stuff I usually switch out RH shells and make some cool cc candles into WA incense burners. Could be fun for a medieval game to play around with the burners as well, maybe if there's something like a pyre object? A magic-hating fanatic getting the fun moodlet from a witch burning, lol? (Too morbid?)
Inventor
#9 Old 19th Mar 2020 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
I've not tried it, but I've wondered if you could make that moondial from Supernatural into a floor lamp, if the glow would sit in the right spot. That would look sort of medieval/fantasy, I think, if it worked.

The microwave is probably a slot issue. Without a slot, there's nowhere for the Sim to place the food into the object.

Hmmm this gives me thoughts about what I could move up/down to counter level with a slot...
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 19th Mar 2020 at 2:10 PM
How do you 'unslot' items?
I've got the Foliage Folly (rectangular box with random plants inside) as a stereo on top of a dresser and it looks pretty neat, I imagine it could fit in well with a magical theme. It cannot, however, be upgraded at all, so I used debug enabler for that. Will definitely be doing some testing with other stuff.

omnis mundi creatura
Inventor
#11 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 3:51 AM
I tried a bunch of things with the microwave nothing worked..So then I decided what can I make into a Toilet.
Obviously chairs work wonders. I think my favorite is the bean bag chair and I may actually use this. The strangest toilet is the weight bench. She went to the side of it but it worked.

I also messed with some objects as sinks. I found by taking a counter and putting pretty much anything I used a CC Vase and a CC Bowl and they worked but they have to be close to the counters edge.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 4:14 AM
I like the sound of this. I've never used the transmogrifier mod before, but I did just transmogrify a brand new pair of jeans into a useless rag by somehow tearing holes in it in several places without even noticing. I wonder what fun there's to be had with this mod. Doesn't matter much as long as it's more constructive than that.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Inventor
#13 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
I like the sound of this. I've never used the transmogrifier mod before, but I did just transmogrify a brand new pair of jeans into a useless rag by somehow tearing holes in it in several places without even noticing. I wonder what fun there's to be had with this mod. Doesn't matter much as long as it's more constructive than that.

I can't believe you haven't touched this one yet! Useful little mod. No more ugly smoke detector just turn whatever you want into a new one. Burglar alarm on the wall..naw I have an unsuspecting potted flower in my entry way. Want to turn a couch into a toilet have at it. Warning: I have tried some moded things..Sometimes they will crash my game. Doug's butler mod that you can have a chair or a light..sometimes I try to use a different chair and apply the script with this and I crash. Sometimes things will disappear before your very eyes when you try to apply a different script to them.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 8:49 PM
I love this mod, but I'm not as creative as I want to be. Any news here?

I tried to transmogrify me a nice inconspicuous sprinkler for my gardening fairy by using deco objects like little stones and such, but the resulting object was just dead, no interactions available at all. I thought as a slot is not needed for turning it on and off (like the stereos), it should be possible with any deco object... perhaps the large footprint (for where all the water goes) is also a problem. Any ideas?