Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 1:55 AM
Default Body Shop: How to make a top and bottom into one outfit?
Hello!

After five or six years, I hopped back on the Sims 2 Super Collection (only collection available for Mac) and to my surprise, other than AL and FT being added, the game is so good. Runs better than it did on my old Windows (added a little review)!

Now my main question is, after many CC downloads, I wanted to pair together a top and bottom into one outfit in the Body Shop. To specify, I downloaded some dresses from https://e-neillan.tumblr.com/ and she separates the dress in tops and the shoes in bottoms so you can mix and match. I wanted to make it into one outfit so my sim could wear it at her ex's wedding, but it does not let me save the top and bottom into the formal category. I uploaded photos to give a better idea, if I'm not really making sense.

Bottom line: how do I combine a top and bottom into an outfit and put it into a separate category (Formal, Athletic, etc.)?

Am very desperate, the wedding is soon! Thank you so much in advance
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 2:37 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 13th Apr 2020 at 2:48 AM.
The easiest way is to set the outfits as everyday + formal in either SimPE (Property Set --> category = 27) or with the Wardrobe Wrangler. Bodyshop doesn't recognize top/bottom for other items than everyday. You need them set as everyday + whatever other categories you want them as, so you can buy them ingame, and when bought they'll be available in the top/bottom categories in the formal category.
------------------------

If you want to make an actual full-body outfit, you need to clone a "body" mesh and a "body" recolor, and use these as the base for your files. You can't use a "top" or "body" recolor, as these have some references you need to know how to clean up. Combine the top and the bottom for the mesh, rename them as if they're a body mesh (you may have to add a second group for the top or pants if the UVmap causes problems), and make new files for them. There's a lot to the process, so you'll need at least one tutorial for this.

You are going to need Milkshape or Blender (it's easier to find tutorials for Milkshape, but Blender is free), along with SimPE (not sure if it works with Mac, but can probably run on a Windows emulator of some sort). Possibly Photoshop/Gimp (or similar) for combining textures, unless you use two groups.

----

Does the Super Collection exist with FT and AL? Thought that was only the Ultimate Collection for PC (which you probably can get to work on a Mac with some trickery).