Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2020 at 8:47 PM
Default Recolouring a mesh (but it doesn't appear in BodyShop)
Hi, I'm looking to recolour one of Raon's Sims 2 hair meshes for a Sim. I managed to find a backup of all the meshes here however they don't appear in BodyShop. Will I need to download a recolour from somewhere to get it to show up, or is it possible for me to extract the textures from the mesh and create a recolour from there? Thanks for any help you can give.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd May 2020 at 9:02 PM
Hair, clothing and accessory meshes only have the mesh info and do absolutely nothing unless there's a recolor file they can interact with. So yes, you do need at least one recolor for each mesh for them to show up either ingame or in Bodyshop.

They have no recolor info in them whatsoever, so you'll need to find recolors elsewhere.

I think most of the pay/donation hairs can be found at the Booty, and it's possible most of the free hairs are available at Simscave.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd May 2020 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Hair, clothing and accessory meshes only have the mesh info and do absolutely nothing unless there's a recolor file they can interact with. So yes, you do need at least one recolor for each mesh for them to show up either ingame or in Bodyshop.

They have no recolor info in them whatsoever, so you'll need to find recolors elsewhere.

I think most of the pay/donation hairs can be found at the Booty, and it's possible most of the free hairs are available at Simscave.

Thanks, this worked perfect for Raon's M24.
Screenshots