Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 5:28 AM Last edited by zeroboys008 : 17th Aug 2020 at 5:29 PM.
Default Laptop for Sims 3 Games
Hope this is ok to post here, the Computer & Software Technical Support is closed and not sure where else to post this on this site! I'm interested in getting a laptop that can easily run Sims 2 (all expansions) & Sims 3 (most likely 5-6 EP's) with lots of CC for both games.

This is the laptop i'm looking at right now - https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptop...9D/p/81Y4001FUS

Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3i (15”):

Processor
10th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-10300H Processor (2.50 GHz, up to 4.50 GHz with Turbo Boost, 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 8 MB Cache)

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64

Memory
8 GB DDR4 2933MHz

Hard Drive
256 GB PCIe SSD

Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 4GB

There's a more expensive laptop with better specs that i'm also interested in but wanted to check first if this one would be adequate. I have very basic knowledge about computer specs so i really appreciate any help!! thanks in advance :smile:
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 11:36 AM
Yea this laptop will easily run those games.

You have to make some preparations though. Use Nvidia (Profile) Inspector to cap the fps to 60. FOr both Sims 3 and Sims 2 as well as any other older game. And make sure the setting is working everytime at the start of the game with fps on cheat code.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 1:58 PM
I would go for the option with the bigger (512GB) SSD drive. 256GB will fill up fast, especially if you like to download CC.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
kinda confusing here. Which is it?

If it is cost effective, I agree. But if it is just for TS3? Come on, nobody is going to get 200GB of CCs. If the storage above comes with the 1TB HDD, that'll be the main storage for everything else. The 256GB is sufficient for TS3 itself or any other programs that has a long load time.

The CC would be for Sims 2 & Sims 3 and of course my personal files. I edited my main post, Lenovo posts the specs for all the laptops in a line and I used that info by mistake, here's the updated info:

Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3i (15”):

Processor
10th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-10300H Processor (2.50 GHz, up to 4.50 GHz with Turbo Boost, 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 8 MB Cache)

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64

Memory
8 GB DDR4 2933MHz

Hard Drive
256 GB PCIe SSD

Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 4GB

I'm honestly not very savvy when it comes to managing storage outside of the hard drive. What would be my options if I wanted to get more space on this particular laptop?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bitmap52
I would go for the option with the bigger (512GB) SSD drive. 256GB will fill up fast, especially if you like to download CC.

Thanks for the reply! I copied and pasted the wrong info from Lenovo (it's been updated in my main post) so it's only 256GB and yes I am big on CC and it will be both for Sims 2 & Sims 3.