Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 6:50 PM Last edited by ZjeroXytz : 12th Dec 2020 at 2:37 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [solved] Mod 'no friends needed for promotion' doesn't work?
Since the simbiology forums are gone, I think this is the only place where I can ask about this mod... Perhaps someone in here had a similar problem and could help.
I've been using the 'no friends needed for promotion' mod, and it works fine... but only for certain careers? Like the Culinary career, for example. But it doesn't work neither for the Law career, nor for the Scientist career. It's supposed to be a global mod, affecting every career (even custom ones) but for me it's not working as intended. I tried to make the mod load first, and tried to load it as the only mod present, but to no avail.
Does anyone know if this can be fixed? Again, I apologise for asking in here, but the other forum got shut down..
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 7:31 PM
Which "Scientist" career? Science or Natural Science? Based off of what you're saying, it sounds like the mod you're using isn't updated for later EPs.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 7:55 PM
The 'Science' one. As far as I know it came with the base game.
The version I'm using should be compatible with Apartment Life and also work for custom careers.
Alchemist
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 2:45 PM
Hmm. This is stumping me because you say you loaded it by itself, and it still doesn't work? And I can't imagine that as a global hack, it would work for one and not the other... So, I'll just recommend that you double check that your sim has met all the other requirements, as per the mod instructions:
Quote:
The control panel will still show that friends are needed to advance, BUT the promotion will still occur as long as all other requirements such as skills and job performance are met.

Are you sure your sims have met the skill requirements and have high job performance?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 3:54 PM
I've had that Mod for Apartment Life for ages and the only issue is that it still shows a number of friends required for promotions though my sims still get offered a chance to get promoted if they have met the other requirements besides friends like having the right skills and great job perfomance.It sounds like you might have a glitchy copy or a conflicting Mod causing it to not work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 12:47 AM
The job performance bar was as high as possible, but my Sim didn't get the promotion for many, many Sim days, until I got the required number of friends.
The mod doesn't conflict with any other mods, I tried to play my game with only this particular mod active.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 2:48 AM
That sounds like something else on your computer like anti-virus might be blocking it from working or your copy of that Mod might be faulty as I've had that happen before and just redownloaded it and installed the new file and it started working as I only met the skill and job perfomance requirement and had no froends because it was my only household living in that town so far.I still saw the display of friends required as that dosen't change even when that Mod works though my sims would still get offered a promotion if the other requirements were met.Theonly other thing that can change that is a Mod changing the chance of promotions or job stoppinator being in that sim's inventory.
I had a time when my first download of that Mod didn't work and I had to redownload to get a working copy before the issue was fixed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 7:01 PM
I re-downloaded the file and now it seems to work fine. I have no idea what might have gone wrong in the first place... :' ) But all that matters is that it works now.
Thank you all for your help!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 3:11 PM
It sounds like the old copy was glitchy as mine has always worked and I've still had the number of friends required still showing up as if there was no Mod though my sims got offered a promotion if they met the skill and perfomance requirements even if they didn't have friends.I got it because I didn't want to heve to start cramming fmilies in just to be able to have enough sims to get the friends requirement and it was always hard before.