Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
plz help me
hi i tryed this
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...g_Package_Files

so i downlode somethings and followed instuches and
well i did it and nothing comes up in my game plz could somebody help me

it would be so helpfull
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:12 PM
wrong place to post this... it should be in the tech support forums.
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:19 PM
I am having the same problem tad4, and thought this was the right place to ask for help? At the top of the page it says:

Technical support and assistance for issues relating to The Sims 3.

confuzzled
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:49 PM
Yeah, it's fine here.

Both of you, please list exactly what you did.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:26 PM
Thanks for your reply - I found out it was because I automatically put the downloads in separate folders - to keep it nice and neat - once I put them straight into the folder as stated, and not into separate folders within it - it worked great!

This leads to my next question - is there anyway we can organise our dl's - or should I be patient!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:49 PM
You 'can' subfolder if you edit the resource.cfg file to allow it. Open the file with notepad.

For example:

Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/Patterns/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/Hacks/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/Skins/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/Misc/*.package

If you replace what you currently have in your resource.cfg file with the above wording, you can subfolder by patterns, hacks, skins and misc.

*thanks to Delphy for the information*

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 4:45 AM
Incoming double post:

I know you are all upset about EA and their 'store', but we do have social areas in which you can vent your spleen.

Update of the resource.cfg file (thanks Delphy)

Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/.package

code for four deep subfoldering.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 12:18 PM
Cor Blimey gov'ner - thanks for that - being unbrilliant at computer stuff, can I imply from the above that each of those * are sub-folders, and that therefore I can have mutliple subfolders within each subfolder as long as I tell the resource cfg. file?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 1:34 PM
If you use the second template that Noodle posted, you don't even have to specifically tell the resource.cfg. It reads each * as a wildcard, so if you have "PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package" in there, then it will pick up on PackedFile Mods/Packages/<Any folder>/<Any file>.package - so you don't have to have a huge long list of folders in your resource.cfg.

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 3:40 PM
I have that resoure.cfg in the Sims 3 folder (in program files, not in documents), I have the mods/packages folders in the Sims 3 folder (not in documents, in program files) and I have my .package files in that mods/packages folder. I also know where the patterns are supposed to show. But they're not there '=/
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 5:30 PM
Ok, so here is what I did and I'm having the same problem as well.

I saved some patterns into my personal folder Kathryn/Downloads/SimsDownloads
I got the resource thing and cut and paste it into the MAIN sims 3 folder.
I did not move the patterns anywhere, I just kept them in the same place.
I also made a Mod/Packages folder, but also, how do you know if it is a package file?
I played the game and it didn't show up.

meow.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#12 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 5:43 PM
kittykat...the file ends in .package. That's the file extension. Just like Sims2. Where are you looking for the content in game? It's not in the * area. It's mixed in with the EA content.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#13 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:28 PM
Re-read the instructions - they clearly explain how to extract your downloaded files as well as where to put them.